Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrify Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did not know Electrify Canada was starting to build out in Ontario, so this is good to see. Interesting that the one in London, is right next to the existing FLO chargers, and just a bit north of the nearly completed London super charger. Soon no need to stop in Woodstock on my trips from Toronto to London, every other month or so.

I have not yet been able to justify a Chademo adapter for my TM3 SR+, so it will be the SC for me, unless in a pinch and using 240. I assume they all have a J1772. It will be interesting to compare the rates between these three.

I do wonder about the economics for FLO and Electrify though, with no Tesla connection, are they not missing the majority of the market?

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
I did not know Electrify Canada was starting to build out in Ontario, so this is good to see. Interesting that the one in London, is right next to the existing FLO chargers, and just a bit north of the nearly completed London super charger. Soon no need to stop in Woodstock on my trips from Toronto to London, every other month or so.

I have not yet been able to justify a Chademo adapter for my TM3 SR+, so it will be the SC for me, unless in a pinch and using 240. I assume they all have a J1772. It will be interesting to compare the rates between these three.

I do wonder about the economics for FLO and Electrify though, with no Tesla connection, are they not missing the majority of the market?

Yah I wonder that too. Would it not be in their interest to add a “Tesla hose” ? Seems to me one of the other networks is doing this. Not sure.

They are but that portion of the market desperately needs L3 charging. My Model S is now 5 years old. I would consider other EV brands for my next car but there is very little fast charging available for them.

Some new Electrify Canada locations, a lot of which will be located at Canadian Tires!
Canadian Tire to install 240 fast chargers before year-end | Electric Autonomy Canada
BDDEC01C-6D90-4E52-B69E-2C8B65A81051.jpeg

You wait in line??? Also, Kingston is getting a new one in the Spring

I've waited twice and then realized that the Petro Canada chargers are up and running in both directions; Kingston, Napanee, and Brockville ;).

I often come from Ottawa/Montreal. Ottawa does not have the L2 infrastructure of Montreal and I end up in Kingston with Yellow/Red battery sometimes. I love visiting Montreal, chargers everywhere for $1 an hour and free street parking!

So no Tesla chargers at Canadian Tires in southern Ontario.

With all these chargers popping up, is it time to buy a CHADEMO adapter for my TM3? I have been putting it off, hoping for CCS.
SCs may not be at Canadian Tires but we don't have much to complain about as we have a bunch of SCs but they happen to be located at other places, like Cadillac Fairview Shopping malls, or other spots. We currently have over 20 SC sites in Southern Ontario with about another 20 coming soon. Where will you be going in Southern Ontario where you won't be able to use SCs alone?

Car show again this year, (it sucked the big one). Volkswagen’s stand again had an Electrify charger on display. Nothing new to report in network changes, however they did mention there is an Electrify app (both Canada and U.S.), for those who didn’t know, and that is possible to become a member and obtain “reduced” rates on charging. The app also shows locations coming soon, as in under construction.
1E93FC50-B6C1-4F3E-AF76-C9E1DE996ADF.jpeg
F6B2D6E0-EB22-464E-9886-F3587433F191.jpeg