Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrify Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You go commando?

diesel-three-pack-black-umbx-kory-boxer-briefs.jpg

I get head from Winners :p (where there is yet any EV chargers).

upload_2019-8-27_13-19-16.png

• Funny
Reactions: SammichLover
Given the supposed rates with Electrify America, I'll be curious to see what happens in Canada. If the charging costs are similar I won't EVER consider using them. If a tank of gas is $30 and Electrify America is charging roughly $60 for about $12 of electricity - what's the justification?! Oh yeah, because it's VW Group's attempt to payback for the DIeselgate scandal because they own both Electrifys.

Look at the article below at the sub-heading of "About the range".

2019 Audi E-Tron review: An all-electric Zen cocoon

Know a ripoff when you see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vawlkus
Electrify Canada has published their rates, so you can decide for yourself if you want to pay. Per kWh costs that one might pay in a residential setting are almost totally irrelevant to the expenses incurred when offering public DCFC. Installation and demand fees account for most of costs.

The biggest problem with Electrify Canada is its miniscule scope. Unlike in the USA, VW Canada has never paid any penalty for the diesel scandal besides compensation for TDI owners. As a result, the "voluntary" Electrify Canada program is proportionally almost 20X smaller than Electrify America. (100X smaller for about 1/5 as many TDIs).

Electrify Canada has published their rates, so you can decide for yourself if you want to pay. Per kWh costs that one might pay in a residential setting are almost totally irrelevant to the expenses incurred when offering public DCFC. Installation and demand fees account for most of costs.

The biggest problem with Electrify Canada is its miniscule scope. Unlike in the USA, VW Canada has never paid any penalty for the diesel scandal besides compensation for TDI owners. As a result, the "voluntary" Electrify Canada program is proportionally almost 20X smaller than Electrify America. (100X smaller for about 1/5 as many TDIs).

Now, while I wouldn't complain about making a profit, if you look at comparable units, VW is by far more expensive. It's flat out gouging.

Charging Stations and Prices | The Electric Circuit

First of 25 new FLO fast chargers now in service at Canadian Tire Gas+ in Milton

So, no I won't consider Electrify Canada/America.

Reactions: Vawlkus
Some. FLO are $20/hr for 50 kW max in Ontario.
The Electric Circuit is 17$/hr for 50 kW max in Ontario.

For up to 75 kW service, Electrify Canada isn't much more expensive, if at all, than those networks. If you want 175 kW, you'll pay a steep price for the convenience, but the network gets socked by the utility with massive demand fees due to providing extra-high power. The fees are only gouging if you can show the network is making an unreasonable profit. I doubt you can at current volume.