TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Electrochromic mirrors

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Alysashley79, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

Does anyone else have issues with their mirrors? My rear view mirror switches over like it should but neither of my side mirrors change any longer. It's going in to the SC in two weeks for this and a few other things but wanted to see if this was normal behavior. For reference I have a p85 3
    2013 rwd.

2. Electric700

Electric700 Member

No I haven't had that problem, but they should be able to fix the issue for you.

3. emmlex

emmlex Member

I actually have the reverse problem -- side mirrors switch over but not rear view.

4. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

0th. WTF stupid forum? I'm typing then it jumps up a line, and I can never get it back down. Whatever. Mine goes in the 10th. The rearview doesn't dim all the time or enough, but my sides are dark enough...
    Ha! Mine goes in the 1

5. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Mine haven't worked for about two years. They darkening part just faded over about a six month period. Fortunately, the hatch screen works perfectly to block the light from the person behind me and my left hand works for the wing mirror.

6. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

My girl goes in for a laundry list this being one of them. I hope they're able to either fix or replace them. Starting to wonder what's left of my original car.

7. apaloma

apaloma Member

I had a problem with the rear view mirror not dimming. Tesla service replaced it last year and it has been fine since.

8. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

Apparently the passenger side mirror was malfunctioning causing them both to not work. Passenger side replaced and now they're both working!