TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Eleven 11 days from order to delivery

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by caesartheday, Jul 24, 2018.

1. caesartheday

caesartheday Member

Placed the order yesterday. Got a confirmation from the DS it will be ready for delivery on August 4. Less than 2 weeks. So either they’re sitting on a bunch of preconfigured models or that production really did ramp up!!
    A blue Model 3 will look really nice next to my red/white Model X. Patriotic, no?

2. oscarfish

oscarfish Member

I think they were deliberately sitting on deliveries until just after Q2 closed, so the federal tax credit issue would no longer be up in the air. Right afterwards I think they started pumping out preconfigured cars. I ordered long range with 19" wheels and EAP on June 30, got first communication from ISA on July 10, delivery scheduled then delayed (small body work needed) July 17, now delivery rescheduled for tomorrow.

3. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Member

Most likely preconfigured. Your VIN will tell the story.

4. caesartheday

caesartheday Member

Yea - it’s not like there are many configuration options.

5. oscarfish

oscarfish Member

I looked up my VIN and it was requested from NHTSA at the end of May.

6. apacheguy

apacheguy S Sig #255

If they are still delivering RWD vehicles that were produced before the end of Q2, how long until they begin delivering July production? Or are they always going to have a buffer of cars?

Also, are these cars just sitting at the Fremont lot or are they being stored on site at the delivery centers?

7. alpinebum1

alpinebum1 Member

What ~VIN did you get? I'm picking up a ~31000 in Rockville on Monday. White-RWD-18"

8. oscarfish

oscarfish Member

@alpinebum1 I'm mid 46-thousands. Long range RWS, premium interior, 19" wheels, EAP.

• Like x 1
  9. Edrlee

Edrlee New Member

Newbie question: for people who say they just ordered and have already have a VIN and delivery date, are these people who put a reservation in the past or is this happening even for people who are getting in now that it's wide open?

10. alpinebum1

alpinebum1 Member

Anybody in the US/Canada can order now. RWD deliveries happen pretty quick too.

11. Koflach

Koflach Member

Define pretty quick. I'm in Canada and ordered on the 28th of June, still waiting for a VIN.

12. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

RWDs deliveries seem to be happenning quickly for all due to them being delivered for a while(maybe not a lot left from the line in U.S.) and probably some remaining stockpiles.
    AWD/P deliveries are just starting, so nobody's sure how long it will take them to work through the existing orders line. Tesla's estimate is all we have.

13. costpermille

costpermille Member

How did you find when the VIN was requested?

14. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

The point of this post being?

Oh wait ... to brag, I forgot. Silly me

15. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

What was the point of your post other than to be salty?

Data points are good.