Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eleven 11 days from order to delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed the order yesterday. Got a confirmation from the DS it will be ready for delivery on August 4. Less than 2 weeks. So either they’re sitting on a bunch of preconfigured models or that production really did ramp up!!
A blue Model 3 will look really nice next to my red/white Model X. Patriotic, no?

I think they were deliberately sitting on deliveries until just after Q2 closed, so the federal tax credit issue would no longer be up in the air. Right afterwards I think they started pumping out preconfigured cars. I ordered long range with 19" wheels and EAP on June 30, got first communication from ISA on July 10, delivery scheduled then delayed (small body work needed) July 17, now delivery rescheduled for tomorrow.

Placed the order yesterday. Got a confirmation from the DS it will be ready for delivery on August 4. Less than 2 weeks. So either they’re sitting on a bunch of preconfigured models or that production really did ramp up!!
A blue Model 3 will look really nice next to my red/white Model X. Patriotic, no?

Most likely preconfigured. Your VIN will tell the story.

If they are still delivering RWD vehicles that were produced before the end of Q2, how long until they begin delivering July production? Or are they always going to have a buffer of cars?

Also, are these cars just sitting at the Fremont lot or are they being stored on site at the delivery centers?

Newbie question: for people who say they just ordered and have already have a VIN and delivery date, are these people who put a reservation in the past or is this happening even for people who are getting in now that it's wide open?

is this happening even for people who are getting in now that it's wide open?
RWDs deliveries seem to be happenning quickly for all due to them being delivered for a while(maybe not a lot left from the line in U.S.) and probably some remaining stockpiles.
AWD/P deliveries are just starting, so nobody's sure how long it will take them to work through the existing orders line. Tesla's estimate is all we have.

The point of this post being?

Oh wait ... to brag, I forgot. Silly me