Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon almost has me convinced...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They will be Tesla springs. :eek:
Tesla coil springs. :cool:
1bb98e44b525c18a8975318b4991cd5a.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: boaterva and S3XY
The $35K price point doesn't leave a lot of runway. Cutting out costs for a vehicle that is 50% list price of the base Model S, yet only 20% smaller has to come from multiple areas. It's not just aluminum and batteries.

EM had to be concerned about the expectations around the Model 3 and it being a "baby S". This is Expectations Management 101.

I expect more Volkswagen, less Audi....

A 330 is half the price of a base 7 series. The 7 series is more luxurious surely, however the 330 drives better pretty much no matter what you do with the 7 series since it's just so much lighter. A 330 with base suspension will handle better than a 7 series with any suspension. You can't really fight physics there.... Yes the Model S may be a smoother ride, but the model 3, just by being lighter, assuming they have similar coil suspension, will be the better driving car.

I think it's pretty obvious that there was some sort of augmented reality display planned that has been delayed or scrapped. They hired people that do that kind of stuff, Elon made the space ship comment, etc. Also, he said wait until you see the real controls... I don't really care about a HUD or the lack of a 2nd screen, But it's pretty obvious something like that was contemplated and then dropped.

I think it's pretty obvious that there was some sort of augmented reality display planned that has been delayed or scrapped. They hired people that do that kind of stuff, Elon made the space ship comment, etc. Also, he said wait until you see the real controls... I don't really care about a HUD or the lack of a 2nd screen, But it's pretty obvious something like that was contemplated and then dropped.

You guys are all in la la land. There was no HUD there is no HUD there will be no HUD.

Repeat after me. Elon has said there is no HUD and he never said there would be one.

Obviously, Elon's on a tear trying to convince everyone to go buy a Model S, rather than wait for the Model 3.

I think he's just trying to recalibrate expectations. If people think the Model 3 at $35k is going to have all the comforts and capabilities of the Model S at $$$, they're going to be disappointed. The Model 3 will be a nice car, but they can't make it as nice as car as the Model S. Just not enough $ to pay for all that.

Reactions: Maaz and bonnie
I think he's just trying to recalibrate expectations. If people think the Model 3 at $35k is going to have all the comforts and capabilities of the Model S at $$$, they're going to be disappointed. The Model 3 will be a nice car, but they can't make it as nice as car as the Model S. Just not enough $ to pay for all that.

Yet, if the idea is to rival BMW or Audi, the TM3 will offer a range of models that appeal to every income bracket and a multitude of speed/luxury desires. That is the beauty of the BMW 3/Audi 4 series. They offer those models in forms starting in the low $30s and then climb through several stages to more than $80k. And, it's important to note that the M and RS versions don't cannibalize sales of their bigger brethren. Why should we expect anything different for Tesla if that is the targeted market? So yes, they are going to begin producing the low end Model with the greatest potential for market penetration, but I'm confident they'll ramp up quickly to fill all those higher margin niches.

Reactions: DR61 and strider
Its "virtual reality" using the accelerometer in your phone and the screen you can look in any direction.

You can make it fully immersive by using a google cardboard box. A setting on the phone splits the feed into two images for each eye. So its 3d.

View attachment 222487 View attachment 222489

I'm asking what video? I've heard of the cardboard box thing, but that's about the extent of it. You actually need a Google cardboard origami eyebox thing?