Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon confirmed no refresh coming for model s/x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
F03D8ED3-F9B0-4631-9B51-A6A99CB9E754.png

Time to order the model s/x

• Informative
Reactions: BANKWUPT
That is exactly what Musk would want, of course, people to buy the car today — that is what manufacturers of products want.

His answer of ”No” to a question in the same thread ”Will we be seeing an interior revamp anytime soon though?” is in my view the most significant. It is either a major change in Tesla’s plans or simply not true, given how a dash and screen orientation change would definitely be an interior revamp in the automotive world where much less goes for an interior refresh....

I think there is significant risk the tweets are not the full truth, so buy at your own risk if an updated interior matters to you.

Reactions: shellderp
Some people just like something different once in a while. I love my S, but was reluctant to upgrade to my 2018 because I wanted something different... new color, new interior, somewhat different look, new options. I'd probably upgrade again if they come out with something new. The idea of a new interior, 3 motors, a bit more range and a few other cool features would be enough to push me over the edge.

Elon also stated that 400 mile range is coming soon.

Not "coming soon", just could be possible someday. Source?

As Tesla has always done, they will roll out changes from time to time. It's the community that started this idea of a giant refresh, when Tesla never indicated there would be one (if anything, they have consistently indicated the opposite, and have now reinforced that).

Not "coming soon", just could be possible someday. Source?
Elon Musk says a Tesla with 400 miles of range is coming soon
"It won't be long before we have a 400-mile range car," Tesla CEO Elon Musk said during the electric-car company's shareholders' meeting on Tuesday.
It's the community that started this idea of a giant refresh, when Tesla never indicated there would be one (if anything, they have consistently indicated the opposite, and have now reinforced that).
Giant refresh are your words. More specifically there have been insider reports of interior refresh, not giant refresh. Elon also indicated red interior was coming this year.

I agree, if a model 3 interior was going to be the “refresh” then no thanks.

Funny, whenever I meet Model S drivers at a Supercharger, they nearly unanimously tell me how much nicer (and more practical) they think the interior of my Model 3 is versus theirs and that they will switch to a Model 3 once their lease or financing deal on their Model S is finished.

Compared to the Model 3, the Model S interior looks quite dated.

Different people, different tastes I guess.

Funny, whenever I meet Model S drivers at a Supercharger, they nearly unanimously tell me how much nicer (and more practical) they think the interior of my Model 3 is versus theirs and that they will switch to a Model 3 once their lease or financing deal on their Model S is finished.

Compared to the Model 3, the Model S interior looks quite dated.

Different people, different tastes I guess.
Funny, I hear the exact opposite.. often from Model 3 drivers. All that we can surmise from these experiences is that most people are polite and say things they don't mean depending on what they feel their audience would want to hear. I get compliments on the red color all of the time and, being as there are so few red cars on the road, I can only guess most are people being polite. In many cases I can almost sense it in their tone but that may also be the cynic in me.

Like most things car related, opinion is important. My personal opinion is that I prefer the Model S interior over the Model 3 and it's not even a difficult decision. I understand and recognize that your opinion differs and I respect that. Thankfully there are multiple options for consumers to buy whatever best suits their wants.

I just hope that Tesla doesn't ever decide that EVERYONE wants the same thing because that would be a massive mistake.

I get compliments on the red color all of the time and, being as there are so few red cars on the road, I can only guess most are people being polite.
I also get compliments on the red color. I think the bigger issue is that people may like something but wouldn't choose it for themselves. I really like llamas, for example, but I don't want one.