Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon driving cross-country

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope the kids in the jump seats don't get carsick.
Their luggage must be in one of the chase vehicles, because even though the frunk is great it isn't 7-people's-luggage-for-a-week big.

We did it with 6 people2 adults, 2 18 year olds, a middle schooler and a kindergartner. A weeks worth of luggage. 3 Carry ons in the frunk. Two full size suitcases and a duffle bag next to the teenagers in the back seat and the wells packed with smaller items. The middle schooler is small and she still fits I. The jump sests.

I would bet they are camped out near the Delaware supercharger and there will be some sort of fanfare/publicity and maybe some live appearances by Elon on CNBC and the like tomorrow. Should be fun.

At first, I thought that too. However, this appears to be a non media family trip. I think the trip will end quietly with everyone but Elon flying home. Then Elon may make the interview rounds and have a blog about the trip. OR Elon flies home with the family, then it is off to the Pacific rim to talk to Panasonic and then to visit the China showroom. Possibly big announcement while in Japan (Giga) and China (reservation numbers).

Perhaps after the completion of the world record cross country trip, combined with the Father/Daughter who were first to make the journey, Elon figures they can just have a fun family trip without the need to get any more media attention on the Super Charging network for now.

Maybe it really was a family trip.

Yes, I think it was quite intentional that they didn't start tweeting until they were FAR away from the media capitals. But it is a bit odd to leave your last tweet hanging that you are stuck in a massive blizzard in Rapid City, SD. Once Pandora's Box is opened, respectfully inquiring minds are curious to know-- are you all OK? Did you get out of the snow?

I am all for Elon protecting his family time, especially since he and Talulah are reunited, and that must be still sensitive. Just hoping everything turned out OK!

Or maybe the most likely explanation is that the trip went as well as you would expect with five young kids on the road for several days :)

Personally, I thought he was very brave to the point of foolhardy to do that trip with so many young kids, but I'm not in his shoes, so who am i to comment?

Or maybe the most likely explanation is that the trip went as well as you would expect with five young kids on the road for several days :)

Personally, I thought he was very brave to the point of foolhardy to do that trip with so many young kids, but I'm not in his shoes, so who am i to comment?

Is Elon done his trip? The media says he attended the premiere of the new show "Silicon Valley" in California last night

Elon last tweeted about the trip on March 31 (Monday) while near Mount Rushmore which is in Pennington County, South Dakota: Elon Musk (elonmusk) on Twitter

KEVN – Black Hills Fox
March 31 (Monday)
The Pennington Co. Sheriff's Office has issued a no travel advisory for Pennington County. That advisory is in effect until Tuesday or further notice. The Sheriff's Office says road conditions are extremely hazardous due to ice and snow.

KEVN: http://www.blackhillsfox.com/201403314643/no-travel-advised-in-pennington-county.html

Rapid City Journal: http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/lo...cle_9f495bae-e54c-5c63-926c-822ef200cb9b.html

Considering that Elon was in California last evening (Wednesday), I suspect that the trip was either suspended or aborted, at least for Elon: http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/04/02/tech-meets-hollywood-at-premiere-of-hbos-silicon-valley/

Last edited: