Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We’re getting off topic, has Elon gone silent?

Oh and wipers have improved and are decent now, Id say comparable to my previous BMW. High beams are absurdly overactive IMO. (I deactivate them with the stalk when in FSD). Basically the car thinks if headlights are appropriate, high beams are more appropriate.

Oh and wipers have improved and are decent now, Id say comparable to my previous BMW. High beams are absurdly overactive IMO. (I deactivate them with the stalk when in FSD). Basically the car thinks if headlights are appropriate, high beams are more appropriate.
Your high beam experience. Same as mine on the Y these days. Was never like that on my old S

This thread is supposed to report on Elon's tweets. However, it seems to be crickets for quite a while regarding why many people have NOT been upgraded to 10.9 beta FSD, let alone we can expect the version that will follow 10.9.
Elon, if you are out there, we would love to hear from you.
Agree and it will be interesting to see where we go from here. Usually when Elon is quiet Whole Mars or Sawyer Merritt post some kind of nugget about what's coming and when, but even they are silent. I suspect Whole Mars knows something but cannot say. You can be sure Elon's next FSD related post will be dissected a hundred different ways!

Mine got better too. It stopped raining. ;)

I suspect if they thought they improved them there would be something in the release notes.

Reactions: 2101Guy
You know, on the theme of Elon being quiet: if Tesla management convinced Elon that he should not spout his mouth off promising impossible product delivery dates, that would not be the worst thing in the world.
He previously stated also that he would not be on the quarterly analyst calls. He went back on that decision, joined this last one, and it wasnt beneficial in him doing so

He previously stated also that he would not be on the quarterly analyst calls. He went back on that decision, joined this last one, and it wasnt beneficial in him doing so
Not true. Elon never stated he would not be on any quarterly calls only that he would skip most. But since he wanted to discuss the product road map he opted to be on the last call. Whether he was beneficial to be on the call or not is a different question.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk to skip most earnings calls

Last edited:
Not true. Elon never stated he would not be on any quarterly calls only that he would skip most. But since he wanted to discuss the product road map he opted to be on the last call. Whether he was beneficial to the call or not is a different question.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk to skip most earnings calls
Actually, he did state he wouldnt be on:

"Elon Musk, CEO of Telsa, has said he will likely no longer appear on the company’s earnings calls unless there is something ‘important’ he needs to say."

And most seem to be wondering what it was that was "important" that he felt he had to say, that his leadership couldnt have stated on that call. Im guessing the information on the Robot that will be carrying parts within the factory?

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: israndy
Elon is just tweeting for the sake of tweeting. The rules of the road are not that different in Canada. Two provinces use flashing green lights and the Canadian signage meets the international standard. The latter can't be an issue because non-FSD beta cars are coping with the signage worldwide.

By tweeting something with a cautious tone, Elon is probably trying to not anger the Canadian regulatory gods. Note: Please do not derail this thread by expounding on how Canadian drivers are more polite.😉

To play devil's advocate here, how many of those fires occurred while the vehicle was sitting unused? A vehicle catching fire in a wreck is a risk of death, but that risk is incorporated into the risk of death in a crash. A vehicle catching fire while it is charging in your garage at night is a risk of death, but most people don't incorporate that into their mental model of vehicular safety. And that's why EV fires scare people.

To play devil's advocate here, how many of those fires occurred while the vehicle was sitting unused? A vehicle catching fire in a wreck is a risk of death, but that risk is incorporated into the risk of death in a crash. A vehicle catching fire while it is charging in your garage at night is a risk of death, but most people don't incorporate that into their mental model of vehicular safety. And that's why EV fires scare people.

I'm pretty sure ICE cars can go up in flames while stationary. I remember reading about BMW (and others) having this issue. People might be nervous about EVs catching on fire while parked, but reality is it could happen in an ICEV too. And that's partially why doors from garage to house are fire rated, at least in more modern homes.

I'd venture to say that these ICE events are too rare for people to worry about it. It's the unbalanced coverage of EV fires that cause people to have an irrational fear of EV fires.

I'm pretty sure ICE cars can go up in flames while stationary. I remember reading about BMW (and others) having this issue. People might be nervous about EVs catching on fire while parked, but reality is it could happen in an ICEV too. And that's partially why doors from garage to house are fire rated, at least in more modern homes.

I'd venture to say that these ICE events are too rare for people to worry about it. It's the unbalanced coverage of EV fires that cause people to have an irrational fear of EV fires.
What also makes EV fires more dramatic is that you can't put them out by spraying water on them. That's scary too.

• Disagree
Reactions: EVNow and nvx1977
Elon is just tweeting for the sake of tweeting. The rules of the road are not that different in Canada. Two provinces use flashing green lights and the Canadian signage meets the international standard. The latter can't be an issue because non-FSD beta cars are coping with the signage worldwide.

By tweeting something with a cautious tone, Elon is probably trying to not anger the Canadian regulatory gods. Note: Please do not derail this thread by expounding on how Canadian drivers are more polite.😉
He did say the rules are ‘slightly different’ which is exactly what you confirmed. Also FSD doesn’t use the same logic as non-FSD AP so it seems you just want to nitpick. I don’t see the issue with what he said.

There are a number of other criteria that need to be understood as well to gauge the risk in all situations, like the average age of vehicles being compared

Elon must have missed the huge coverage about the issues with Chevy Bolts, I don't see any bias tbh