Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 2016 video was fully (100%) faked. There are capabilities shown in that 2016 video that FSD still cannot do.
The 2016 video was not "faked" It took them numerous trys to finnaly get the car to complete the route without any interventions The video is not edited either. Unbelievably it was done with HW 2.0 MCU 1

Last edited:
Reactions: replicant
The 2016 video was not "faked" It took them numerous trys to finnaly get the car to complete the route without any interventions The video is not edited either. Unbelievably it was done with HW 2.0 MCU 1

AI Addict shows how the infamous 2016 FSD video was fake. It was edited to look like a continuous, single, zero intervention drive, when it was not.

Sorry that's not the video I'm referring to. This is the infamous. 2016 Full self driving demo.

It was faked.

Tesla video promoting self-driving was staged, engineer testifies

To create the video, the Tesla used 3D mapping on a predetermined route from a house in Menlo Park, California, to Tesla’s then-headquarters in Palo Alto, he said.

Drivers intervened to take control in test runs, he said. When trying to show the Model X could park itself with no driver, a test car crashed into a fence in Tesla’s parking lot, he said.
“The intent of the video was not to accurately portray what was available for customers in 2016. It was to portray what was possible to build into the system,” Elluswamy said, according to a transcript of his testimony seen by Reuters

That type of self-parking feature is very similar to what's in my 2021 Genesis GV80 that I believe is a Mobileye system, you drive along and the car detects parking spots that you can select from. After you select a spot, you can either have the car park while you're inside or you can get out and hold a button on the key fob to have it park itself with nobody inside. I think it'll work as long as lines are visible, don't need other cars there.

It works very well but I honestly never use it aside from showing people as a neat party trick

Tesla's methodology for those early FSD demo videos formed the basis of WholeMarsBlog's entire schtick

Last edited:
It works very well but I honestly never use it aside from showing people as a neat party trick
Its useful where the parking spots are very tight - like in a city center. Also useful the otherway round if you come back to the car to find someone has parked their car with 6 inches left for you to get in. I had to climb in from the passenger seat yesterday (because I had not enabled summon !).

Its useful where the parking spots are very tight - like in a city center. Also useful the otherway round if you come back to the car to find someone has parked their car with 6 inches left for you to get in. I had to climb in from the passenger seat yesterday (because I had not enabled summon !).
That would definitely be one benefit, can also use buttons on the key fob to move the car forward/backward with nobody inside

Reactions: RabidYak
I’ve always found the parking spots in Seattle comically small. Especially at the city center.

Reactions: Webeevdrivers
Suspect if we searched we could find a similar post from Elon from many years ago.
Imagine if you could see in all directions simultaneously and never get distracted or tired. How much better could you drive?That what Tesla’s Autopilot vision AI is becoming.
Yeah, because cameras never get dirty or occluded. Never mind the slightest rain drops 🤣