Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon, Lutz on Letterman

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I always get the feeling with Lutz when I see him talk about the Volt (such as on Letterman or Colbert) that he's pushing it because he's a marketer at heart and understands that the Volt gives GM "green" credentials that it doesn't have with really anything else in its fleet. I never get or got the sense that he "believes" in the need to move to electric vehicles. He's a car guy who, just a few years ago, was mocking electric cars as having no market.

I think Tesla has shown that when you take tech/enviro people who also like cars they can produce a better product than when you take car people and try to have them meet the needs/desires of tech/green people who want good cars that also don't harm the environment.

I always get the feeling with Lutz when I see him talk about the Volt .... I never get or got the sense that he "believes" in the need to move to electric vehicles. ...

I think you have nailed this. He has been a climate change denyer so that backs part of your observation. He is just shilling for product X which happens to be The Volt. "Insert platitudes here."