Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon, Lutz on Letterman

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The tentative date I was given was a Wednesday. No word on venue yet (obviously won't the the NYIAS).

At the Meno Park unveiling, one of the Tesla staff told me they were going to maybe have the Model S on the Dave Letterman show near that date. I am guessing that maybe Elon or another Tesla spokesperson will be the guest, and if they can swing it, the car will be there to show off. What a great PR gig! Hope it comes off.

At the Meno Park unveiling, one of the Tesla staff told me they were going to maybe have the Model S on the Dave Letterman show near that date. I am guessing that maybe Elon or another Tesla spokesperson will be the guest, and if they can swing it, the car will be there to show off. What a great PR gig! Hope it comes off.

That would be huge! Maybe they can score an appearance with Jay Leno before he goes away too. Not much better cheerleader for great cars than him.

All stations in NJ are full service. It's a state law.

I didn't know either until I was in NJ to visit my cousin this summer. I went up to the pumps and was surprised to find no SELF-SERVE pump. Kinda strange handing someone my card so that they could swipe it at the pump.

Do you even need to tip them? [I tipped them of course.]

How many people out of work is that if all cars in NJ were BEVs?

Elon on Letterman..not good

Letterman basically did all the talking, reamed the Volt, barely let Elon get a word in edgewise.

He really showed his support of EV technology, but it came across as more of a rant than a positive "let's get things back on track" kind of thing. And it didn't help any that he has laryngitis.

The Model S drive out was sort of lame an when Elon tried to say something Letterman did this ridiculus "pretend to get shocked" act cutting him off.

They never said a word about being able to reserve a Model S or how to find out more or any sort of plug at all. I was quite disappointed really.