Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk's ventilator giveaway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fair enough. It's still a very low ROI, as a public health intervention, if 88% don't make it nationwide. We should focus on testing etc.

I'm not a medical professional, but I suspect that treating people who can't breathe without invasive ventilation with a test would have a 100% mortality rate.

If there's a concern about the cost, we could divert money from pancreatic cancer treatment. Over 50k cases per year, only has a 1-year survival rate of 20% and a 5-year survival rate of 7%. Pretty much a waste of money.

I'm not a medical professional, but I suspect that treating people who can't breathe without invasive ventilation with a test would have a 100% mortality rate.

If there's a concern about the cost, we could divert money from pancreatic cancer treatment. Over 50k cases per year, only has a 1-year survival rate of 20% and a 5-year survival rate of 7%. Pretty much a waste of money.

the point is that over 88% (atleast in this one study ) are going to die anyways, after putting them thru an invasive procedure within days. Unlike the cancer analogy where you get a year or more thru chronic interventions

The other critical difference is we're all in a limited resource public health emergency and a lot of time+money was being spent on ventilators by the govt.

It is about the money when it comes to public health. Private self pay you can spend what you want when you want, it's your money.

The cult of elon is strong in this one!

Most likely this was an unintended mistake (not excusable and not unexpected considering how utterly disorganized Tesla is inside).

I'm more afraid of the real ventilators which Tesla is supposed to be building. Panel gaps there may end up actually killing people...

Did this happen?