Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon says AWD and Perf orders start at end of next week!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am disappointed about the price since he said that it would be less than 5K.

As far as the 0-60mph 4.5sec and you have to remember that Tesla usually under rates their cars. Plus they could do an update in the future and give a few tenths.

As far as the performance version I wounder how much is the base one.

I think the implication is there's no such animal.

You order the P you get the car loaded with your choice of interior color (except for EAP and presumably FSD remaining an option).

The NON performance AWD seems the sweet spot though- 5k more for dropping 0-60 to 4.5 from 5.1 (both official #s anyway)... paying another 20k on top for the P to go from 4.5 to 3.5 seems pretty nuts (and I say that as someone who has owned cars that did 0-60 in under 4 in the past)... but BMW seems to sell plenty of M3s so obviously there's a market there.
The Performance version is not just simply about 0-60 times. There are WHITE seats also.

We would know if they would open up the configurator.

• Funny
Reactions: Matias
The NON performance AWD seems the sweet spot though- 5k more for dropping 0-60 to 4.5 from 5.1 (both official #s anyway)... paying another 20k on top for the P to go from 4.5 to 3.5 seems pretty nuts (and I say that as someone who has owned cars that did 0-60 in under 4 in the past)... but BMW seems to sell plenty of M3s so obviously there's a market there.

Agreed... I'm going to be quite happy in a 4.5 sec AWD Model 3

The market shows that plenty of people are willing to pay far more for a 3.5 second ICE car ... Well played Elon :cool:

Tesla dual motor means there is a motor in front & a motor in rear. One is optimized for power & one for range. Car drives fine even if a motor breaks down. Helps ensure you make it to your destination & don’t get stuck on side of road in potentially unsafe conditions.

White Seats for non Performance is 3-4 months down the road.

Why do you say except for EAP and FSD?

Because Musk explicitly said EAP was not included in the "fully loaded" $78,000 version, but all other options were?

(and I'm assuming that would require FSD to also not be included since you can't get FSD if you don't have EAP)

So it'd be 78k for the Performance model, including your pick of color inside and out... and your only "options" that cost more would be EAP (explicitly stated by Elon) and FSD (implied to still be extra by the first part)

Reactions: RobStark
Because Musk explicitly said EAP was not included in the "fully loaded" $78,000 version, but all other options were?

(and I'm assuming that would require FSD to also not be included since you can't get FSD if you don't have EAP)

So it'd be 78k for the Performance model, including your pick of color inside and out... and your only "options" that cost more would be EAP (explicitly stated by Elon) and FSD (implied to still be extra by the first part)
I missed that tweet. I didn't see him say that.

Anywhooo...I will trade the wheels for EAP...if I can.....

I wonder if "fully loaded" really includes the paint upgrade. My guess is no.

Not sure why you are guessing. Elon explicitly said it includes paint.

Elon Musk said:
Cost of all options, wheels, paint, etc is included (apart from Autopilot). Cost is $78k. About same as BMW M3, but 15% quicker & with better handling. Will beat anything in its class on the track.

(bold added)