Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon says AWD and Perf orders start at end of next week!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
beautiful...

awd.png

I think everyone with an invite will be able to configure the new options. Hopefully the ramp for the new options will be fast. Performance version is pure profit so plenty of incentive to make those quickly. Priority will be same as the invites (employee > owners > first in line)
Final predictions?
AWD $4k no range improvement
Performance $15k more than AWD, 3.5s 0-60, bigger brakes (awesome), staggered tires (dumb), no LSD, nothing else fancy, maybe 1/2 inch lower with different suspension tuning.
Well I got the 0-60 right and the range. Haha. Way off on price!
Going to be tough to beat a BMW M3 without an LSD and ceramic brakes. That would be quite an achievement.

Cost of normal dual motor AWD option is $5k. Range is also 310 miles. Takes 0-60mph to 4.5 sec & top speed to 140 mph.

DISAPPOINTED - Dual motor upgrade same as Model S :-(. Should have been less on Model 3.

I am disappointed about the price since he said that it would be less than 5K.

As far as the 0-60mph 4.5sec and you have to remember that Tesla usually under rates their cars. Plus they could do an update in the future and give a few tenths.

As far as the performance version I wounder how much is the base one.

Performance model: $83K with EAP.

$13Kover budget. No thank you. Will stick with AWD.

The NON performance AWD seems the sweet spot though- 5k more for dropping 0-60 to 4.5 from 5.1 (both official #s anyway)... paying another 20k on top for the P to go from 4.5 to 3.5 seems pretty nuts (and I say that as someone who has owned cars that did 0-60 in under 4 in the past)... but BMW seems to sell plenty of M3s so obviously there's a market there.