Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon says AWD and Perf orders start at end of next week!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a good feeling that the ones that configured already and haven’t received a vin # will be able to upgrade. All the options are there in the “edit design” option.

I hope that is that case so I can move up past all the people who are deferring until AWD is starting production but I don't think that will be the case. Elon said it will take at least six months to fill all the AWD orders, I doubt they will let the people who got invited last month jump all the owners who got their invites five months ago and have been waiting to configure. My estimate still shows Late 2018 for AWD.

I think the benchmark has to be the BMW M3 sedan at $66,500 and 0-60 at 3.9s, I think the Performance would need to easily beat those numbers. Something like a base Performance Model 3 for $59,500 and a 0-60 at 3.4.... so with the mandatory PUP it would start at $64,500. I want so badly the numbers to be so amazing that most people in the market don't even consider the M-Series or AMG ect..... Thoughts?

I think the benchmark has to be the BMW M3 sedan at $66,500 and 0-60 at 3.9s, I think the Performance would need to easily beat those numbers. Something like a base Performance Model 3 for $59,500 and a 0-60 at 3.4.... so with the mandatory PUP it would start at $64,500. I want so badly the numbers to be so amazing that most people in the market don't even consider the M-Series or AMG ect..... Thoughts?

I think most of us are onboard with the idea that PUP is going to be mandatory. It increases their margins.

HOWEVER, I would love for one day.....Tesla to produce a barebones version of one of their Performance cars, without some of the "luxury", much in the same way Mitsubishi did with the Lancer EVO's they made. A lighter, faster, M3-killer...could be fun.

I think most of us are onboard with the idea that PUP is going to be mandatory. It increases their margins.

HOWEVER, I would love for one day.....Tesla to produce a barebones version of one of their Performance cars, without some of the "luxury", much in the same way Mitsubishi did with the Lancer EVO's they made. A lighter, faster, M3-killer...could be fun.

I believe that very thing will start happening at the end of the reservation nightmare.....but then again...I hope Tesla ALWAYS has a high reservation list. It would be great if the reservation list gets into the millions after we all start sharing our success stories with our friends and neighbors.

It would indeed be cool for Tesla to make a pure-performance version with....no seats....bare bones plaid version.

I believe that very thing will start happening at the end of the reservation nightmare.....but then again...I hope Tesla ALWAYS has a high reservation list. It would be great if the reservation list gets into the millions after we all start sharing our success stories with our friends and neighbors.

It would indeed be cool for Tesla to make a pure-performance version with....no seats....bare bones plaid version.

I wouldn't say "NO" seats. but maybe non-power seats, to save the weight the motors add. maybe no premium sound. I don't think they'd COMPLETELY strip the car (the EVO had hand-crank windows in some versions).

Either way, I'm sure the 3 will show up in Formula E at some point in the near future.