Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon says AWD and Perf orders start at end of next week!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not able to configure. I'm ready to pull the trigger and
Don’t be such a baby, it’ll be okay.

Plus there’s nothing that says just because they can configure sooner that they’ll receive their car before you.

Don’t be such a baby, it’ll be okay.

Plus there’s nothing that says just because they can configure sooner that they’ll receive their car before you.

The Porsche 911 Turbo is a $170K+ car and a Corvette has a 0-60 in 3.7 seconds which his slower than M3..

I was thinking of the Z06 but ok let's compare against the standard model. Regular Corvette does the quarter in high 11s. Hell even a Camaro Z28 does it in low 12s. Performance Model 3 should be destroying these cars not just having a fighting chance against them. If the acceleration drops off after the 3.5 second 0-60 is over similar to the standard Model 3 does I'm not sure if it could take the standard Corvette in the quarter.

Reactions: McRat
Probably referring to this: Elon Musk on Twitter

Thanks for the link, screenshot for the twitter averse

elonsayslessthan5000.PNG

But then 2 years have passed and production ramp/profit margins changed his mind?

yeah... I don’t even need a car. I just want to subsidize Tesla’s business. This guy...

I ain’t subsidizing jack and don’t give anyone $1 more than I absolutely have to.

I have common sense though to realize that it does no one any good if Tesla bent to the will of the whiners and started getting stupid about pricing.

Given two options:

1.) Get a Model 3 for 20000 cheaper today and have Tesla be gone next year

Or

2.) Pay that 20K more and have them around to service my car 4 years from now and build even more cars for me to enjoy?

I know how a business runs yet I’m completely perplexed on which option to choose? (Nah not really)

I felt I got a ridiculous deal on a Model X 60D non PUP. I’m thankful to the Roadster owners, founders and people who ponied up the first generations of the S - some without parking sensors so we can all enjoy all 3.

My supposition is that many or all of people that currently have invites will have Performance show up in the design studio (soon). It seemed to roll out for a few minutes this afternoon (I saw it, but took too long humming and hawing on what I wanted), but then they rolled it back. You got an error if you configured AWD or performance when you went to submit the order, unless you happened to hit a server that had the code to allow it.

Hmmmmmm. I currently have an opportunity to configure, however Performance is greyed out.

Just reserved my M3!

I received an email at 7:02 EST. Since then I have been wrestling over P3D or not. 3 hours later, decided on 3D. I have been waiting 11 years and 9 months for this day, since The Secret Tesla Motors Master Plam (just between you and me). I invested the little investment money I had in Tesla stocks in college, wrote a term paper on the EV evolution in school, and have been watching every bit of news. It finally happened!

On the P3D vs 3D, the crux for me was the white seats. I really would prefer them, but with the higher risk to damage them, unknown of actual availability, and the risk of tax credit, they became a reasonable trade off. As for the P, 1 second is not worth it for $23k for me, especially factoring in it seems the motors will be just slightly better-tested of the same. A 0-60 of 4.5 is plenty fast and only one metric of performance; $23k can buy plenty of other aftermarket parts to make it realistically faster on a track if that is someone's goal.

Overall, I am ecstatic and wish everyone else the best of luck!

I got an email inviting me to configure around 7pm EST tonight. I went for the P version and it said 12-16 weeks for delivery. I'm a current owner (I've had 2 Tesla S') and this will be my 2nd 3. I believe you get one priority reservation per S/X you've owned. I have a 3rd reservation which has not been invited to configure AWD/P yet. I waited in line and put two reservations down at 10:12am on 3/31.

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark and EinSV
Hmmmmmm. I currently have an opportunity to configure, however Performance is greyed out.
In the battery section? That's interesting. I can never keep track - do you have owner priority? Right now I have AWD in the drivetrain section, grayed out. But when I could configure performance, it was in the battery section. And I have owner priority, line waiter reservation.

Makes sense, but down the straights, at WOT (hmm, it is not a throttle, so WOA?) both motors will be maxed out. Maybe they figured out a way to cool the rotor?
But then again, to “beat” a car on track, one may not need to do more than a few laps. It is just a tweet...

What if the motors have more power draw than the battery can do at any one time. Maybe then they can alternate/rest motors during long sessions (one straight away might favor the front motor, the next might favor the rear motor) giving them time to cool off but keeping performance relatively unchanged.

I got an email inviting me to configure around 7pm EST tonight. I went for the P version and it said 12-16 weeks for delivery. I'm a current owner (I've had 2 Tesla S') and this will be my 2nd 3. I believe you get one priority reservation per S/X you've owned. I have a 3rd reservation which has not been invited to configure AWD/P yet. I waited in line and put two reservations down at 10:12am on 3/31.
What does the email say?

What if the motors have more power draw than the battery can do at any one time. Maybe then they can alternate/rest motors during long sessions (one straight away might favor the front motor, the next might favor the rear motor) giving them time to cool off but keeping performance relatively unchanged.

So one lap your car handles like a RWD and the next it handles like a FWD?

• Funny
Reactions: bambam4171