Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Tweeting about Thailand and Reputation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Breaking down his tweets, they are even worse than I thought. First, Elon accusing the guy of being a pedophile seems solely based on the fact the man is a white British guy that lives in Thailand. Thailand is known for its human trafficking issues.
So in addition to baselessly accusing a man of being a pedophile, he also made a racist statement insinuating that white British guys in Thailand must be pedophiles. And is indirectly blasting Thailand as well as a harborer of such individuals.
The amount of fail packed in those tweets is astounding.

Yeah Thailand is popular with expats as the weather and food is beautiful and there are loads of natural attractions - hence cave divers running businesses and/or living there.

People can retire on their smallish British or European pensions/investments and live very well there due to the low cost of living.

Why am I the first one to ask this... why am I the first one to ask this... dear god, why am I the first one to ask this...?

How is nobody seeing that the tweets were a fake? Nobody anywhere seems to have actually seen the tweets. They were deleted as soon as they existed, and everyone's rolling on screenshots.

The language and tone of the tweets doesn't sound like Elon. As I've been seeing a ton of fake "Elon Musk" (@elokmusk, @elonmusik, etc etc) tweets coming up, promoting crypto scams, on every one of his tweets... I have started to pick out what sounds like "want to sound like Elon Musk" and what sounds like "actually Elon". Why would he use "sus" again, after never having used that word before, just here in this tweet?

And on Sunday, before the week's news cycle begins? It's a perfectly prime time to plant some hot, juicy nonsense in the media. Especially after Elon and others were JUST WARNING US of this kind of thing happening - Elon Musk vs. Short sellers

My phone also didn't ding any SMSs for this alleged tweet - and it dings for everything, any hour of the night (... obsessed, maybe, but for once it's paying off).

Nobody's even calling out the possibility of these tweets being faked. Go back through his "Tweets & Replies" history. Nothing in recent history even hints at a sour tone with anyone.

Everyone's taking the news like it's fact, and not thinking for a second that "Inspect Element" exists.

upload_2018-7-15_21-57-30.png

How is nobody seeing that the tweets were a fake? Nobody anywhere seems to have actually seen the tweets. They were deleted as soon as they existed, and everyone's rolling on screenshots.

You get points for skepticism, but I did see the tweets myself. It was on Twitter for quite a while. However, I do agree there is the small possibility that someone hacked into his account. But the real Elon would have responded by now, so I don’t think that’s likely.

Why am I the first one to ask this... why am I the first one to ask this... dear god, why am I the first one to ask this...?

The language and tone of the tweets doesn't sound like Elon. As I've been seeing a ton of fake "Elon Musk" (@elokmusk, @elonmusik, etc etc) tweets coming up, promoting crypto scams, on every one of his tweets... I have started to pick out what sounds like "want to sound like Elon Musk" and what sounds like "actually Elon". Why would he use "sus" again, after never having used that word before, just here in this tweet?

And on Sunday, before the week's news cycle begins? It's a perfectly prime time to plant some hot, juicy nonsense in the media. Especially after Elon and others were JUST WARNING US of this kind of thing happening - Elon Musk vs. Short sellers

My phone also didn't ding any SMSs for this alleged tweet - and it dings for everything, any hour of the night (... obsessed, maybe, but for once it's paying off).

Nobody's even calling out the possibility of these tweets being faked. Go back through his "Tweets & Replies" history. Nothing in recent history even hints at a sour tone with anyone.

Everyone's taking the news like it's fact, and not thinking for a second that "Inspect Element" exists.

View attachment 317292
I didn’t get an alert either, but it doesn’t seem like I get alerts for all of his tweets. Why wouldn’t he have refuted it by now if it was fake?

I didn’t get an alert either, but it doesn’t seem like I get alerts for all of his tweets. Why wouldn’t he have refuted it by now if it was fake?

If using the native Twitter app, notifications are only for original tweets, not replies. That said, I can confirm the tweets were real (definitely @elonmusk, not one of the dozens of similar sounding fakes) and I actually saw them BEFORE the story broke on the forums and well before it hit the wire. Why would I be reading Elon tweets and refreshing Twitter throughout the day? Simple. Anxiously waiting for any details about Model 3 P.

How is nobody seeing that the tweets were a fake? Nobody anywhere seems to have actually seen the tweets. They were deleted as soon as they existed, and everyone's rolling on screenshots.View attachment 317292

I could have sworn those tweets were up for well over 2 hours before they were taken down, and if they were fake Elon would have been shouting from the rooftops by now.

View attachment 317292

He's used 'sus' a few times recently. Also unsure how the fake accounts translate to hacked account.

View attachment 317292

I saw them and do replies even send SMS messages? I thought it was composed tweets only?

View attachment 317292
That only locally changes the text, not globally.

Elon's silence is killing me tonight. What is he doing? Every second he waits is damaging to his reputation.

You get points for skepticism, but I did see the tweets myself. It was on Twitter for quite a while. However, I do agree there is the small possibility that someone hacked into his account. But the real Elon would have responded by now, so I don’t think that’s likely.

It seems so completely out of character, I'm mostly just shocked that I'm wading into this 8-page-long thread as the first person to say "wait, did he REALLY say that?". Everyone's just discussing the merits of it. I'm out here full-heartedly believing that - especially given what's at stake and who's against him - it's not something he actually did. Unless horribly loaded on Ambien and alcohol. But I mean, even then, wow, come on...

On the flip side, if Trump can tweet the things he does, and somehow still have a bed in the White House, then Elon will be fine in the morning - even if he did actually (somehow...) say that.

It seems so completely out of character, I'm mostly just shocked that I'm wading into this 8-page-long thread as the first person to say "wait, did he REALLY say that?". Everyone's just discussing the merits of it. I'm out here full-heartedly believing that - especially given what's at stake and who's against him - it's not something he actually did. Unless horribly loaded on Ambien and alcohol. But I mean, even then, wow, come on...

On the flip side, if Trump can tweet the things he does, and somehow still have a bed in the White House, then Elon will be fine in the morning - even if he did actually (somehow...) say that.

Agreed. Regardless of the outcome, I really hope this doesn’t distract from the mission (accelerate transition to sustainable energy and transportation). The mission is more important than any single person or their tweets.

It is a shock - not something I expected to see, but those tweets were real and up for a while. That's why it's such big news. But the question is what happens with him now and where do we go from here? It will be a very interesting week. If you're investing it's advisable that you accept that this has happened and there might be consequences/changes in the short term

Edit: Wanted to say that it's such a shame that it comes at a time where Vin regos are going great and all indications are that production is continuing rather than a last week burst

• Informative
Reactions: MauryDann
I saw the tweets, too. They're not fake.

The only reason I'm not more angry at Elon is because the guy who started it is truly despicable for his interview.

Give the guy a break, it would of been emotionally exhausting being in the cave for 17 days watching everyone risk their lives and have a marine lose their life.

I understand Elon was trying to help though

Last edited:
Breathe through it. As a yoga teacher, it is my duty to remind us all to breathe. The Tao te Ching advises one to accept disgrace willingly. A hasty attempt to fight disgrace leads to making matters worse. So we let this settle down. The only vindication that is needed is to keep building great cars. In time, all this will be forgotten. So breathe. Be prepared for the stock to sink to $250 or whatever, but vindication will come in time. In the meantime, breathe.

We believe in you, Elon.