Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But as for income generation, that requires bums on seats...not bots...and this is its increasingly obvious failing
If anything, the last few months have given me the impression there are fewer bots than I thought (but obviously no one knows the number but Twitter, which has not divulged any information or estimate about that).

And remember, Elon signed the contract to buy Twitter expressly to clean up the “bot problem!” So definitely it’s been a well known issue for Elon from the start of this saga.

Reactions: JRP3

on the contrary- sounds like it saved twitter money!

Twitter’s confidential June settlement was related to Mr. Zatko’s lost compensation and followed monthslong mediation over tens of millions of dollars in potential pay, the people said. Such compensation agreements aren’t unusual when an executive departs a company prematurely and leaves behind potential stock options and other money.

I don't see a higher negotiated walkaway happening. Elon would rather just buy it if funding is secured.

Obviously Scott free walk away would be sick. TSLA would instantly explode. Even just a few $B being bought back would have a huge impact if the timing's right. Day before P&D? Lol

But part of me wants to see what he can make of it. Core business + payments + crypto might be a huge global business.

I don't see a higher negotiated walkaway happening. Elon would rather just buy it if funding is secured.

Obviously Scott free walk away would be sick. TSLA would instantly explode. Even just a few $B being bought back would have a huge impact if the timing's right. Day before P&D? Lol

But part of me wants to see what he can make of it. Core business + payments + crypto might be a huge global business.
I agree, a negotiated walkaway would be way too expensive. Also you have to look at the incentives of the Twitter board and company officers (who are getting huge golden parachutes if deal goes through).
I don't understand this fan fic that he's going to buy back Tesla stock. Has he ever said he'd do that? He already has plenty of Tesla stock. What is the maximum possible return on Tesla stock? Say Tesla goes up to $50T, the value of the entire US stock market, that's only a 55x return! He's shown that he's capable of getting a higher return by starting new businesses.
I definitely want to see what he does with Twitter but I hope it has nothing to do with crypto...

Reactions: ohmman
Elon indicated he would likely buy shares back if the Twitter deal falls through.
Ok, I found what you're talking about. I still don't think he's going to do it. :p
It's insane for him to say he's going to start a competitor to Twitter (in the next reply) given his current legal situation so I'm not sure he was in his right mind when he tweeted "Yes" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.