Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not TSLA share holders. Best outcome for us is he gets out of the deal as cheaply as possible and buys back as many shares as he can.
Yeah, I guess I should have been more precise. The majority of TSLA shareholders who post on TMC will consider it a victory. Obviously the best financial outcome for TSLA shareholders is if he doesn't own Twitter and works with renewed focus and a better understanding of his strengths and weaknesses.

Yeah, I guess I should have been more precise. The majority of TSLA shareholders who post on TMC will consider it a victory. Obviously the best financial outcome for TSLA shareholders is if he doesn't own Twitter and works with renewed focus and a better understanding of his strengths and weaknesses.
I’m not so sure...his best efforts seem to come when his mind is divided with other projects

Reactions: dm28997
Third notice of termination due to $7 million Mudge wrongful termination settlement.
I'm a little bit mystified by this one. Section 6.1(e) says:
(e) except as required pursuant to existing Company Benefit Plans, (i) increase the compensation payable or to become payable or benefits provided or to be provided to any Company Service Provider except for increases in cash compensation or benefits to Company Service Providers in the ordinary course of business consistent with past practice, (ii) grant or provide any severance or termination payments or benefits to any Company Service Provider other than the payment of severance amounts or benefits in the ordinary course of business consistent with past practice and subject to the execution and non-revocation of a release of claims in favor of the Company and its Subsidiaries, (iii) provide any obligation to gross-up, indemnify or otherwise reimburse any Company Service Provider for any Tax incurred by any such individual, including under Section 409A or 4999 of the Code, (iv) accelerate the time of payment or vesting of, or the lapsing of restrictions related to, or fund or otherwise secure the payment of, any compensation or benefits (including any equity or equity-based awards) to any Company Service Provider, or (v) establish, amend or terminate any Company Benefit Plan (or any plan, program, arrangement or agreement that would be a Company Benefit Plan if it were in existence on the

Wrongful termination settlements are pretty normal and $7.75 million dollars doesn't seem material to a $44 billion deal.
Also don't understand the claim that it can't be cured. Can't it be cured by discounting the price by $7.75 million?

Last edited:
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Ok, I figured out the most entertaining outcome.

April 25th: Musk signs the merger agreement promising not to make any defamatory statements about Twitter and that he cannot terminate the agreement if he himself is already in breach of the agreement.
May 16th: Elon sends infamous poop emoji tweet.
June 28th: Twitter agrees to pay "Mudge" $7.75 million severance, a material breach of the merger agreement.

The trial will come down to whether or not the poop emoji tweet is defamatory.

This testimony is an absolute treasure trove.

"Twitter doesn't have a test environment, all development is done on the live system" . . . . WOW . . . just WOW. I'm speechless.
It certainly seems that there will be plenty for Elon to clean up, so that Twitter is run smoothly and professionally, like Tesla.

Looking forward to it.

Naughtius Maximus certainly seems to be enjoying kicking the tires.

Reactions: Daniel in SD
It certainly seems that there will be plenty for Elon to clean up, so that Twitter is run smoothly and professionally, like Tesla.

Looking forward to it.

This company is a dumpster fire. Even in my small cloud company, I have those controls in place.

The words "gross negligence" come to mind, if I were a shareholder. But I'm not, so I'll just sit by with popcorn and watch this dumpster fire unfold.

"Twitter doesn't have a test environment, all development is done on the live system" . . . . WOW . . . just WOW. I'm speechless.
Imagine if it were some automated vehicle steering program called, I don't know, "full self driving" or whatever, and they just rolled it out onto the actual live system of highways. Now that would be crazy!

Imagine if it were some automated vehicle steering program called, I don't know, "full self driving" or whatever, and they just rolled it out onto the actual live system of highways. Now that would be crazy!

Big big difference, and you know it. Tesla pushes alpha code to employees and internal testers.

The whistleblower made it clear that Twitter doesn't have ANY internal testing systems, everything is done on the production systems.

Big big difference, and you know it. Tesla pushes alpha code to employees and internal testers.

The whistleblower made it clear that Twitter doesn't have ANY internal testing systems, everything is done on the production systems.
Risk profile is vastly different as well. Twitter goes down and…?

I agree there should always be a sandbox. I ran a proprietary financial firm and we pushed changes into production for the first few years, and then on occasion afterwards. But we eventually built an actual sandbox.

I agree there should always be a sandbox. I ran a proprietary financial firm and we pushed changes into production for the first few years, and then on occasion afterwards. But we eventually built an actual sandbox.

Another KEY difference: FSD brings up a dialog box informing users that they are beta testers and they give consent to be part of the beta group to test out new features but they acknowledge that the system requires supervision and the onus is on them.

• Disagree
Reactions: Knightshade
The funny thing is that Mudge's story is an argument that Twitter is a good acquisition target, incompetent managers and bad incentive structures but I don't think he said anything bad about the engineers. Also, he made no claims that their financials were incorrect.
Some addictions lead to physical dependency and going cold turkey can cause death. We don't know what could happen. :p

• Funny
Reactions: ohmman
Another KEY difference: FSD brings up a dialog box informing users that they are beta testers and they give consent to be part of the beta group to test out new features but they acknowledge that the system requires supervision and the onus is on them.
Twitter also has a disclaimer:

5. Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability​

The Services are Available "AS-IS"​

Your access to and use of the Services or any Content are at your own risk. You understand and agree that the Services are provided to you on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The “Twitter Entities” refers to Twitter, its parents, affiliates, related companies, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners, and licensors. Without limiting the foregoing, to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, THE TWITTER ENTITIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. The Twitter Entities make no warranty or representation and disclaim all responsibility and liability for: (i) the completeness, accuracy, availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Services or any Content; (ii) any harm to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of the Services or any Content; (iii) the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any Content and other communications maintained by the Services; and (iv) whether the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from the Twitter Entities or through the Services, will create any warranty or representation not expressly made herein.

Status
Not open for further replies.