Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't deny that it's because people having preconceived notion about this country's history and knowing systemic racism exist that caused people to assume too quickly of what happened or even making up stories of what happened to fit that narrative. This is one of the incident where the police acted in self defense because according to the report Brown was dangerous but the people was upset anyways due to all the historical stuff you mentioned.

So now it's a matter of, how can we reduce racial profiling and systemic racism within law enforcement while also making sure they are protected and can do their job? The court of public opinion certainly doesn't help solve this problem and is likely making it worst by adding noise.
I'm not weighting in the police/BLM discussion.

I'm just noting that Musk didn't say any of the concepts you expressed (namely, he didn't recognize the systemic racism, history of US, he didn't show empathy for the victim nor the black community, he didn't propose another framework trying to find a solution for the many problems that are there) but preferred to write a half-assed thought with alt-right vibes to his 130 million followers, within the company he's now CEO and owner.

Twitter-wise, he often doesn't even play tic-tac-toe, let alone 4D chess.

I'm not weighting in the police/BLM discussion.

I'm just noting that Musk didn't say any of the concepts you expressed (namely, he didn't recognize the systemic racism, history of US, he didn't show empathy for the victim nor the black community, he didn't propose another framework trying to find a solution for the many problems that are there) but preferred to write a half-assed thought with alt-right vibes to his 130 million followers, within the company he's now CEO and owner.

Twitter-wise, he often doesn't even play tic-tac-toe, let alone 4D chess.
Yes, and I said it's a can of worms he was opening but decided to delete the tweet vs going further. It's definitely a tic tac toe moment I can't deny that. You either fully explain it or stfu because it's a very sensitive topic.

I’m not sure why Elon is receiving so much criticism for the way he runs Twitter... I suspect that he feels right at home at Twitter...it is a software company. Tesla is a software company on wheels and Space X is a software company with tail fins....but Twitter is pure software.. and if anyone knows software and the people who write software it is him

Gotta love the people doubting him because TwItTeR iS nOtHiNg LiKe TeSlA aNd SpAcEx! Lack of imagination.

Elon wrote a video game called 'Blastar' when he was 12, and sold the source code to a magazine for $500! He's been coding for most of his life.

He also has an affection for and great working knowledge of physics and rocketry, is fearless and unafraid to cut parts and processes, and has an unmatched work ethic and a really big brain.

Last edited:
The tweet is all sorts of can of worms Elon shouldn't open. Those are sensitive hills one shouldn't choose to die on. Probably realized it hence he deleted it real quick.
Yet another example of his horrible social instincts and why he should just stop Tweeting, especially if he wants to actually improve Twitter and keep it a viable company.

I’m not sure why Elon is receiving so much criticism for the way he runs Twitter... I suspect that he feels right at home at Twitter...it is a software company. Tesla is a software company on wheels and Space X is a software company with tail fins....but Twitter is pure software.. and if anyone knows software and the people who write software it is him

Three simple things:

1. Tesla and Space-X are hardware companies, despite your claims otherwise they actually produce physical things - Twitter is a social media service - an area where Elon proves every day he has terribly natural instincts

2. Elon is using Twitter to advance a political crusade - personally advocating and intervening on specific issues and political celebrities who he happens to personally like, bypassing his original promise to use an independent council for any such decisions. Tesla and Space-X are not used for Elon's personal political gain

3. Elon is the CEO of Tesla and as such has a feduciary duty to the shareholders of that company to act in it's best interest. Instead he is spending that majority of his time and even pulling TSLA staff over to his personal Twitter side project

Yes, and I said it's a can of worms he was opening but decided to delete the tweet vs going further. It's definitely a tic tac toe moment I can't deny that. You either fully explain it or stfu because it's a very sensitive topic.

Could we ask the 4D chess genius to simply not send the obviously-wrong-headed tweets in the first place, or is that level of self control off the table at such elevated intelligence?

If Elon is a software guy then he ought to be ashamed at the software releases coming out of Tesla.

Yeah because real-world AI being solved for FSD is so easy, or SpaceX landing boosters on their struts. That's child's play. Everyone was doing that before Tesla did it.....or not.
Making sure that the charge port doesn't slam closed immediately after you remove the connector, that the text on the main display when you are charging the car and step out of the vehicle is bigger than size 12-14 font, that the OEM automatic trunk actually works properly, that valves aren't left open that cause heat pump compressor damage when the compressor slugs liquid as a result, that the automatic wipers don't break, that the playlist of songs on your phone actually shows up, etc., should not be hard. It just requires a sensible testing plan, which Tesla does not have.

Status
Not open for further replies.