Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Musk is actually right about the specific case of Michael Brown. My problem with the tweet is that it suggests that the people of Ferguson were upset with the police for only that incident.
The tweet is all sorts of can of worms Elon shouldn't open. Those are sensitive hills one shouldn't choose to die on. Probably realized it hence he deleted it real quick.

The tweet is all sorts of can of worms Elon shouldn't open. Those are sensitive hills one shouldn't choose to die on. Probably realized it hence he deleted it real quick.
It needed to be said, next he’ll go after “Buy Large Mansions”, the organization. — No doubt linked to the ESG mobsters trying to squeeze EM’s nuts to keep Twitter on the establishment narrative.

• Disagree
Reactions: mach-edriver
It needed to be said, next he’ll go after “Buy Large Mansions”, the organization. — No doubt linked to the ESG mobsters trying to squeeze EM’s nuts to keep Twitter on the establishment narrative.
I wouldn't touch race/police brutality. It's a touchy subject that no matter how much you are right about the details, you can be wrong by the court of public opinion. It's not a winnable fight and just makes people angry.

I wouldn't touch race/police brutality. It's a touchy subject that no matter how much you are right about the details, you can be wrong by the court of public opinion. It's not a winnable fight and just makes people angry.
Gotta break that “off limits” mentality to have honest conversations no matter what the mainstream media (shown to lie daily, many times daily) narrative dictates.

No one has a right to not be offended. Trust me bro, I checked the Bill of Rights.

• Disagree
Gotta break that “off limits” mentality to have honest conversations no matter what the mainstream media (shown to lie daily, many times daily) narrative dictates.

No one has a right to not be offended. Trust me bro, I checked the Bill of Rights.
It's off limits because people are not capable of discussing it honestly or rationally. It's fueled by too much tribalism and emotions.

I assume he’s right. I don’t care. That’s not faintly the point.
The question is, why out of 47 gazillion OTHER potential topics, 3 bazillion of them involving various forms of lie or injustice, does he pick this one to weigh in on out of the blue?
Seriously, doesn’t he have anything better, more productive and less divisive to do?

The question is, why out of 47 gazillion OTHER potential topics, 3 bazillion of them involving various forms of lie or injustice, does he pick this one to weigh in on out of the blue?
Seriously, doesn’t he have anything better, more productive and less divisive to do?
Would you rather he post more vulgar memes poking at Voldemort to post something?

• Disagree

No. Nothing at all. He does nothing all the time

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC

Actually, I think his tweets are a way for him to release. A needed distraction from everything that everyone that reports to him is always hammering him with.

I went to school with some super-intelligent people, one of which was on full ride and LEFT because it was too easy. Almost universally all of them had a craving for distractions, because their minds were just going so fast that they needed that release.

But of course, I've been wrong before, and it could just be Elon losing his marbles.

Actually, I think his tweets are a way for him to release. A needed distraction from everything that everyone that reports to him is always hammering him with.

I went to school with some super-intelligent people, one of which was on full ride and LEFT because it was too easy. Almost universally all of them had a craving for distractions, because their minds were just going so fast that they needed that release.

But of course, I've been wrong before, and it could just be Elon losing his marbles.
I'm also not sure Elon is 100% serious with a lot of the stuff he Tweets, or puts much thought into it.

This is in complete contrast to working on problems at work when he is 100% focused and zeroed in on the problem.

My conclusion, Elon is at his best when focused, and at his worst when not focused.

It would be great if he discovered a sport, hobby, social or community activity that acted as a release / distraction. But given the hours he works, he doesn't have the time / energy.

The problem is, Twitter takes little effort, little time and little thought, impulsive posting is very hard to avoid.

Last edited:
If you are interested in getting musk removed as CEO we have a new comm
400+ million Twitter users WW… of course probably a million of them are bots. Twitter ain’t going anywhere.
LMAO. User counts mean *sugar* when you are public company. It needs revenue and profit.

Things aren't looking good in that area.
Ar least the more tesla stock must sells to fund Twitter the less control he will have of Tesla

It's not out of the blue. Those shirts were made because of the Ferguson incident. He was explaining how social warrior woke mobs went to the streets based on a lie. His point is truth no longer matters once you go woke..coming from an earlier tweet he had.

The board needs to reel this in. It’s waaay past time.

The tweeting is dangerous for Tesla. People have talked about the demand risks. But there are other risks with making yourself completely radioactive to one political party. Tesla is now a huge corporation and has exposure to federal policy on multiple fronts( e.g. FSD/autopilot, dealership laws, labor rules, etc.. and on and on). Same goes for spacex.

Status
Not open for further replies.