Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 883936

Elon is committed. At least he's clear about his opinions. If I understand correctly, Elon thinks COVID was caused by a virus that arose out of GOF research, lol?

Anyway, it seems like this will be net negative for Tesla, TSLA, Twitter, and Elon.

Did Elon delete the reply ? Can't find it.

I wish people would separate politics and everything else in life. It's crazy to be so ungrateful to Elon just because he thinks different in one facet of life from you. People need to relax. Often in history the minority thinker was right although it seemed unfathomable at the time to the masses like Galileo and Socrates

I think the problem is Elon is bringing politics into it himself. A lot of this is probably self inflicted and most businesses/CEOs steer clear of politics for this very reason, but maybe Twitter is inherently political and Elon has no choice.

Sorta like if someone insults you when your kid was shot by a gunman and they claim people like you (with a dead/hurt child) and all those people made it up, etc. Hard for those folks to not speak up. He brings Fauci in the discussion randomly as well, hard for his supporters to not speak up or someone here who worked in that agency.

My comments have always been he should waste less time on this and just get back to work. But maybe all this is part of the master plan.

Because honestly, there hasn't really been ANY choice I feel the last two years. Some SUVs just showed up recently this year like the Ioniq 5, Mach-E and they can't make enough of them. For both those cars, a lot of marked up and all sold. Gas is also extremely expensive in CA. We all know that who live here.

I'd say in 5 years, the market will be very different. Unlike Europe nor China we don't get a lot of EV cars that American's want to buy honestly. Americans simply don't want small vehicles like the Bolt nor Leaf. That was pretty much it.

I personally think Tesla market share can't help but go down.
I think it has long been broadly understand that tesla’s market share had to fall. That’s the nature of being the first truly viable option... But the goal of course is to grow sales volume as size of the pie slice shrinks as competitors come online. Some of the actual vehicles are now competitive in quality. BMW iX for sure, haven’t driven others. Sat in Ioniq and it seems reasonable at LIST. I guess. Not my kind of thing. My 3 and Y have been terrific.
Most competitors still are a long way out from matching, 3 years or so for a lot... and the charger networks seem even further out from being proper.
Tesla still has a good lead/head start with its drivetrain expertise and supercharger network, which are both unrivaled.
For sake of SP for us HODL types, it just can't squander that lead with mistakes in things like not getting the new models through the pipeline quicker, and own-goals like Elon’s current assault on the brand’s appeal.

Last edited:
Reactions: mach-edriver
You just proved my point. How does any of this actually impact your life, and why do you need to exaggerate the effects? (No, not all movie characters are gay). You're being whipped into a frenzy over meaningless things which don't change your quality of life in any significant way. There are plenty of movies without gay characters if that really bothers you.
It impacts my life because it annoys other white people and rightfully so. Being white doesnt make one racist but the woke mob makes it seem like its wrong. Us minorities would like representation but not in this way.

You don't get it. It's what I wrote in my post. It's white people being lazy at incorporating diversity. They make Aerial black and then pat themselves on the back to celebrate as if they solved systemic racism. My beef is instead if making Aerial black, why not make an entire new princess black, show a story about diversity using such protagonist and make her be in the history books? Yeah sounds like too much effort.

The movie industry is inherently risk adverse actually. Why we have so many sequels and this has probably been studied to death.

Movies have long been white washed historically I think. Avatar, Last Airbender with a white guy? That movie was pretty crap I believe.

How do you know ?

Because the first Hispanic on Titans was a Gay Hispanic Teen……. Why couldn’t it just be a Hispanic Teen without having to know his sexual orientation? ….... but at least he wasn’t a gang banger…. I guess….
Being a minority tends to help, we don’t need you to save us. 😉

Pipe down, we know what’s best for you. When you get out of line then your skin color doesn’t matter…. Just ask Kanye…. It’s a little bit harder with Musk and Trump though…

Because Elon just recently took over Twitter and started amplifying extreme right wing talking points on a daily basis? This will take time to play out.
Ok sure that might take more time to play out. I strongly doubt it will be outweighed by other factors like $11k subsidies, improving products, improving awareness, and you know, actually making products for mass-market segments like trucks, SUVs, and the entire sub-$47k price bracket.

Cybertruck will cover the pickup/SUV segment pretty well, but Tesla still has nothing revealed in the pipeline that's directly comparable to the Camry, Civic, RAV-4, CR-V, or Corolla. Tesla is not even attempting to address the vast majority of the light-duty vehicle market yet because the demand for their current limited luxury lineup is already more than they can currently handle.

They aren't even selling a $35k Model 3 yet or cars with any paint colors besides the basic five that've been offered for years, and we're actually worried about demand? Seriously? A $35k 3 or a $40k Y (or equivalent Tesla products with different model names and maybe different styling) will dominate the market and it'll be pretty difficult for most people to justify not buying them and going for an electrified RAV-4 or Camry, despite Elon's antics.

Last edited:
You don't get it. It's what I wrote in my post. It's white people being lazy at incorporating diversity. They make Aerial black and then pat themselves on the back to celebrate as if they solved systemic racism. My beef is instead if making Aerial black, why not make an entire new princess black, show a story about diversity using such protagonist and make her be in the history books? Yeah sounds like too much effort.
So for people to be diverse in a story they have to be in a whole new story.

Because the first Hispanic on Titans was a Gay Hispanic Teen……. Why couldn’t it just be a Hispanic Teen without having to know his sexual orientation? ….... but at least he wasn’t a gang banger…. I guess….
So - because of that show its ok for people on Twitter to call for killing me and my family because we are not white ?

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Our biasedness shows up here. I don't see how a comment stating:
"Massive Red Wave in 2022" doesn't sound like he thinks there's a massive red wave in 2022? What am I missing?

I guess I'm biased through my own rose colored lenses.

Edit: Like I will gladly admit I'm an idiot if this Twitter thing totally takes off, at least someone should admit they were wrong when they are (I just saw no red wave). They couldn't even win the Senate and some Republicans felt there were going to be 55 Republicans.

1st link I found:
Here’s the thing about that one 5 word sentence: so, what?

Lots of people thought it. Who cares? They were wrong about the outcome. Doesn’t actually matter in the scheme of things.

Feel free to get up in arms about things that matter, but this ridiculous nitpicking is well, ridiculous.

Massive wave of human stupidity since (pick a century/event) WW1, Industrial Revolution, social media, invention of DDT -

I think it has long been broadly understand that tesla’s market share had to fall. That’s the nature of being the first truly viable option... But the goal of course is to grow sales volume as size of the pie slice shrinks as competitors come online. Some of the actual vehicles are now competitive in quality. BMW iX for sure, haven’t driven others. Sat in Ioniq and it seems reasonable at LIST. I guess. Not my kind of thing. My 3 and Y have been terrific.
Most competitors still are a long way out from matching, 3 years or so for a lot... and the charger networks seem even further out from being proper.
Tesla still has a good lead/head start with its drivetrain expertise and supercharger network, which are both unrivaled.
For sake of SP for us HODL types, it just can't squander that lead with mistakes in things like not getting the new models through the pipeline quicker, and own-goals like Elon’s current own-goal assault on the brand’s appeal.
that's an extremely US centric view... in Europe and China the non-Tesla charging networks are much much better than in the US.
not sure what you mean with "drivetrain expertise" ...

So - because of that show its ok for people on Twitter to call for killing me and my family because we are not white ?

I’m glad you brought that up because the dumbass wrote “death” instead of “DEFCON” …..

As a Black Man Kanye whether he’s mentally ill or not would not wish death upon nobody…. At least that is my opinion…. But his point was proven how quickly the “backlash” came.

Would you of had a different opinion if he called each individual out by name instead of putting a whole peoples name out there?

Anyone who doesn’t over react knows what he meant.

As far as the show, the point is, it brought nothing to the show. If it was a show about him and his relationships etc etc etc then it’s a different story.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Status
Not open for further replies.