Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think for a second that Gadde, Roth or anyone else from the Twitter.fed squad would be cool with their whereabouts being disclosed in real time? Especially after an incident?

Not a chance, buddy!
So, you’re saying there should be limits on free speech? That absolute free speech can result in dangers and should be moderated? I wonder if Musk will ever admit that or if he’ll ever admit he was wrong to push for absolute freedom of speech?🤔

There’s a big difference between some punk kid posting where his jet is and or will be and him posting his opinion of someone.

EM posting an opinion doesn’t pose an opportunity for physical (not verbal or some other malarkey) attacks. Blowing up his spot and telling people where he or someone close to him is gonna be OTOH does.

It’s an invitation for someone to “rid me of this meddlesome priest”.

Well, let's see. Some kid posts information that is public record anyway and on the other side some guy with 100 million followers accuses people without evidence to be a "pedo guy" or to enable pedophiles. I know what I consider as being more harmful.

BTW, as Musk seems to be concerned about security, the Mecedes S600 Guard is considered to be the top choice for people with security concerns. Perhaps Musk should think about buying some of those. After selling Tesla stock she should have sufficient liquidity to do so.

The TSLA stock sale this week cements in my view that Elon is a stupid genius. His antics drove down the price of TSLA when he needed to sell for whatever reason.

How different would things had been if he had come in to Twitter and held a press conference. Announced they would be evaluating systems, employees, staffing levels, what they could accomplish rapidly, what would take a quarter or two and what would take longer. The goals are to increase monetization, allow free speech while at the same time not promoting speech that brings adversarial actions (aka Free Speech not promoted reach to create confrontations), reduce bot activity drastically, review past actions, etc, etc,
Instead we get conspiracy theory spewing, right wing attracting, petty boy Elon driving price of TSLA down because of scare of brand destruction with no real positive gains for Twitter or the free exchange of ideas he so desires in the public square. Then because of driving price down he needs to sell even more TSLA shares. Also because of this he cant really respond strongly to potential FUD about demand and China production while at the same time needing to sell since that could be construed as pumping the stock when he needs to sell.

Just a stupid genius.

The TSLA stock sale this week cements in my view that Elon is a stupid genius. His antics drove down the price of TSLA when he needed to sell for whatever reason.

How different would things had been if he had come in to Twitter and held a press conference. Announced they would be evaluating systems, employees, staffing levels, what they could accomplish rapidly, what would take a quarter or two and what would take longer. The goals are to increase monetization, allow free speech while at the same time not promoting speech that brings adversarial actions (aka Free Speech not promoted reach to create confrontations), reduce bot activity drastically, review past actions, etc, etc,
Instead we get conspiracy theory spewing, right wing attracting, petty boy Elon driving price of TSLA down because of scare of brand destruction with no real positive gains for Twitter or the free exchange of ideas he so desires in the public square. Then because of driving price down he needs to sell even more TSLA shares. Also because of this he cant really respond strongly to potential FUD about demand and China production while at the same time needing to sell since that could be construed as pumping the stock when he needs to sell.

Just a stupid genius.
Indeed. Apart from Apple most likely no other company ever got so much free media publicity as Tesla. Yet Musk seems to be convinced that the media are out there to get him.

No, he ran off, sat in his EV Hyundai, put his seatbelt on....because safety first after committing a crime and Musk's security took a video of him and his Temp License Plate........BTW, this guy drove all the way from Loma Linda to the coast to jump on Musk's car....ok

Where is the video of him jumping on the hood? Musk is a prankster.... reminds of Trump when he was at a rally and someone jumped on stage and charged at him lmao

not only that... if you know who did it and have a video of him sitting all neatly buckled up in his car with his license plates... why not call the cops and have them run it versus crowd-sourcing an investigation... it would take the cops 5min to figure out who is the registered owner of the car.

reportedly stopping your car on the street, jumping onto the hood ??? is a crime...

Reactions: B@ndit and T3SLAROD
not only that... if you know who did it and have a video of him sitting all neatly buckled up in his car with his license plates... why not call the cops and have them run it versus crowd-sourcing an investigation... it would take the cops 5min to figure out who is the registered owner of the car.

reportedly stopping your car on the street, jumping onto the hood ??? is a crime...

He’s FOS but everyone already fell for it. He’s seeking sympathy and distraction from this disaster not to mention screwing investors. He doesn’t want the story of him selling more shares to be top news. Now some poor sap is going to have his life ruined.

Elon broke his own rules by doxxing his own son last week. 🤦🏻‍♂️

If he’s (rightly IMO) concerned about security it’s fair to ask why post photos of his kids at all.
Yep. I would not have even known what his kid looked like 2 weeks ago. Could have been standing right next to him and I'd see just another kid. But now I do recognize him because his father plastered his photo on social media.

FjeMItEVsAAjwfL

If he's so concerned about his family, he'd follow what Michael Jackson did in trying to keep all photos of his kids' faces out of newspapers, magazines, and off of the internet, even concealing their faces whenever they went out with him so that nobody knew what they looked like.

There’s a big difference between some punk kid posting where his jet is and or will be and him posting his opinion of someone.

EM posting an opinion doesn’t pose an opportunity for physical (not verbal or some other malarkey) attacks. Blowing up his spot and telling people where he or someone close to him is gonna be OTOH does.

It’s an invitation for someone to “rid me of this meddlesome priest”.
So, if Sweeney were to post that Elon is using his jet take children to Epstein island that would be fine because it's just his opinion?

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
To anyone who thinks Tesla isn't being damaged by this sh**show, here are two posts that have shown up in the thread on Elon/Twitter on Flyertalk in the past 24 hours:

Post #1: "SpaceX might not be affected since it’s not a consumer brand. Right-wing trolling by Musk is neither here nor there for those considering working with SpaceX. But Tesla is very likely to be affected. It’s Teslas galore where I live, and I have a feeling quite a lot of these Tesla owners are horrified at what Musk has become."

Post #2: "<my wife/girlfriend> personifies this attitude shift. Her next car will be an EV. Three years ago she was a huge Tesla and Musk fan and was all in to buy a Tesla. Now there is zero chance my liberal wife would buy that car. It’s like a MAGA hat that you drive."

Multiply this by hundreds of thousands to millions of potential consumers and you have an issue that the Tesla board needs to address.

he didn't though. that 19 yr old kid literally only reads out published flight information which doesn't tell you more than what flight plan has been filed for a specific plane registration / tail number. OMG. the horror.

he also tracks Russian oligarch jets and some activists are tracking Taylor Swifts private jet.

Again - not sure what Elon wants to lawsuit here... it's not illegal to track jet movements at all...
He's threatening to file a frivolous lawsuit. And if he does, he will lose.

Yep. I would not have even known what his kid looked like 2 weeks ago. Could have been standing right next to him and I'd see just another kid. But now I do recognize him because his father plastered his photo on social media.

FjeMItEVsAAjwfL

If he's so concerned about his family, he'd follow what Michael Jackson did in trying to keep all photos of his kids' faces out of newspapers, magazines, and off of the internet, even concealing their faces whenever they went out with him so that nobody knew what they looked like.
I thought at the time that it was very weird to publicize the little boy, cute though he may be. My sons don't allow me to post pictures of their kids on social media, and my sons are even less world-famous than Elon Musk!

Reactions: B@ndit and DrGriz

Sounds like they were riding in a Model X? Should be some video from the cameras coming.

Are you going to do what Allysa Millano did? Sell your American made car and buy a car from a foreign manufacturer which was created under the Hitler regime? How is that fighting hate?
I'm not sure who you were responding to, but I sold my Model S earlier this year (at peak value) and am taking delivery of my BMW iX at the end of this month or early next. There is absolutely no comparison between a Tesla of any value to a German brand. Absolutely none. If you don't understand this then I recommend you go and drive one. You may be surprised with how a real, well-built and well-designed vehicle drives.

Better to buy from a car company that produced cars during the Nazi regime or a buy from a car company that has a CEO that is now boosting up Nazi's that are alive and recruiting?
You won't catch me driving the Tesla MAGA-mobile! OMG what a disaster for Tesla and how sad that there are still people here defending Musk. Wow.

Reactions: sunwarriors
Status
Not open for further replies.