Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elon Musk is killing the Tesla brand.​

Tesla Board should sideline Musk until he appoints a CEO at Twitter. Musk has somehow convinced the weak board that he is too critical to Tesla's success. It's actually quite the opposite. Why is the Tesla Board asleep? Musk only owns 13% of TSLA shares. He's not even a majority stockholder. In fact, Tesla's Board should appoint the original founders of Tesla as co-CEOs to get things back on track.

Elon appeared subdued and disinterested at the recent Semi event. His heart doesn't seem in it anymore.

It may be time for the Board of Directors to seriously consider bringing back the company's original founders. They care about Tesla, are not lunatics, and to the best of my knowledge do not have any developmental disabilities.

1. Killing the brand? Damaging it badly....definitely. Not dead yet though.

2. Subdued at Semi event? Absolutely. He seemed like he was phoning it in. The other Tesla guy was enthused about the product and did great. Elon usually likes the attention and it was surprising he even shared the stage.

3. New CEO? Absolutely yes. It's necessary.

4. "Original founders"? No thank you. I do give Elon a lot of credit and he is effectively the founder of the company.

5. BOD asleep at the wheel? They sure seem to be. If they don't force his resignation or make other drastic changes, I think shareholders (especially institutional ones + Uncle Leo) will make changes to the BOD. Hopefully corporate governance mechanisms work appropriately.

A moderation council? Who did that consist of politically? I’m genuinely curious if you’re being serious. Do people on the left not understand there was a double standard?
People understand that the perpetually aggrieved right wing always claimed there was bias. Every independent attempt to detect bias did find some -- biased toward the right.

Perhaps it's strange to you that when the right wing tweeters do 5x as much flouting of the rules, and they get disciplined 3x more that really isn't bias *against* the right wing. But I've generally found that the perpetually aggrieved are too math-challenged to understand what they're even complaining about.

A thoughtful take from Seth Abramson (who has mostly left Twitter for Post) on the whole suspension of journalists thing. Seth is a journalist and journalism professor. He's had a longtime and fairly prolific Twitter presence.

To be clear, Seth is commenting on the current situation. He has no knowledge whatsoever of the old Musk, or how he and Tesla have been lied about by mainstream media for years. Of course, I have no idea how much of the old Musk is still there. This new Musk is not much to my liking.

This is probably good.

Lex Fridman: Thinking of doing a podcast with @elonmusk about Twitter. Should be a fun one.
Elon Musk: Let's do one next week and maybe throw in a live spaces discussion

Elon is always better in long form. Maybe I'll be able to see how much of the old Elon is still there.

Of course, Lex has pretty much played the sycophantic cheerleader lately, so no telling.

Not IRS.

CA FTB.
If the CA FTB is doing it by following @elonjet, they're doing it wrong. Hint: they have a record of who's paying the landing fees at CA's airports. Of course if he flew commercial, they wouldn't be able to get this data unless the airline gave them the passenger manifest, and they don't need to know the manifest in order to collect the landing fees.

Not IRS.

CA FTB.

I've heard the CA FTB is scarier than the IRS. I have had family have issues before.

Caught lying by internet sleuths:

b20f86227535b19c.jpg

Last edited:
It’s already being tracked and signed off by his accountant and him personally annualy for ALL states where income is generated, so its not like this Twitter account or tracking site is tipping the IRS off at all.

I’ve been to this rodeo before, personally and if they call you on it and you can’t back it up with flight records, the bull puts its horns in your abdomen..

I'm a bit confused by this article because his entire claim was that they were stalking him, but didn't realize that it was the son.

Aside from that the rest of it checks out with what I've seen posted. That it wasn't near an airport, and it was a day later than any flight.

Additionally there is no record of a police report being filed against the alleged stalker.

I'm a bit confused by this article because his entire claim was that they were stalking him, but didn't realize that it was the son.

Aside from that the rest of it checks out with what I've seen posted. That it wasn't near an airport, and it was a day later than any flight.

Additionally there is no record of a police report being filed against the alleged stalker.
I'm not sure why he thought he could get away with such a blatant lie. Internet sleuths will always call you out especially if you are that high profile of a person.

Rate of adoption can be affected. Early adopters harmed, early producers harmed. Who killed the EV1, who killed electric trams?
We're well past that point. The EV1 was killed early before it could develop into a practical vehicle for most people, EV's are beyond that now, too many people know that EV's are superior technology, not just a small handful of enthusiasts.

We're well past that point. The EV1 was killed early before it could develop into a practical vehicle for most people, EV's are beyond that now, too many people know that EV's are superior technology, not just a small handful of enthusiasts.
I agree with you that EVs are at a better, more advanced stage. Much credit should go to a few key people, many more than I'll ever know though.

It's still useful to bad actors to delay EV adoption, renewables, electrification, sow some Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt (FUD). $2.75 billion a day someone once claimed just for the oil business & quite a lot of the money goes to people I despise, who cause huge amounts of harm.

Old but still means a lot to me. The Tesla Conspiracy… or Am I a Dead Whistleblower? – EVTV LLC

1671232984928.png

Reactions: ElectricIAC
I'm not sure why he thought he could get away with such a blatant lie. Internet sleuths will always call you out especially if you are that high profile of a person.
My impression is he got angry that someone apparently stalked his son ? It can be unnerving if it actually happened.

That is why hate speech and punching down already marginalized people is so bad.

As far as I know, General Motors CEO Mary Barra has not had any similar stalking or hood-jumping incidents.

I hate to blame the victim, but, I mean, come on dude. Is it really worth all this just so that you can mock your own daughter on the world's largest stage?

Just mock her in private and leave us all out of it. Go off and live your happy zillionaire life. Tweet something cool about rockets and watch the world worship you. Is it really so hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.