Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A convenient one if so. Remember this is the same GM that saw fit to kill the EV1 and started the cascade effect with other manufacturers with leased examples of early EV’s..
True. But that's not where GM is now. And yes, the world does owe Tesla accelerating us into the future. But it doesn't excuse Musk's behavior.

What’s there to rewrite. Musk is and has always been a mouthpiece with money. He’s being exposed right in front of our eyes. Musk is a fraud with money
So he just got lucky with Tesla and SpaceX? Clearly he has some ability to drive innovative startup tech companies but that doesn't mean he has any business taking over an established social media site.

So, the Bolt development started when Tesla launched the Model S... Coincidence?
I will not stand for this Spark EV erasure! It came out June 2013 and is a great little car.
Nissan Leaf came out before the Model S.

Anyway, I think Musk is a good engineer. He is not good at ad sales which is Twitter’s (former?) business model.

So he just got lucky with Tesla and SpaceX? Clearly he has some ability to drive innovative startup tech companies but that doesn't mean he has any business taking over an established social media site.

Elon is proven to be a brilliant engineer and leader of technical innovation. Anyone claiming he just got lucky time after time is just being silly.

That said. Elon ALSO has serious personality disorders which his companies had learned to mostly manage so that his talents could be harnessed for the cause of saving the planet.

Twitter had no such Elon-management processes, and he's run utterly amok off leash from his handlers at Tesla and Space-X.

Both can be true. Elon is brilliant, and a total D-bag. This is actually quite common - see Steve Jobs, Howard Hughs, etc

I will not stand for this Spark EV erasure! It came out June 2013 and is a great little car.
Nissan Leaf came out before the Model S.

Anyway, I think Musk is a good engineer. He is not good at ad sales which is Twitter’s (former?) business model.
thank you. Tesla made EVs "sexy" = very fast and lots of range (although $$$$$ until the Model 3 came out in 2017) ... but it's incorrect to say Tesla produced the first mass production EVs and everything from other manufacturers came as a response to Tesla. See Chevy Volt --> Chevy Bolt and also the Nissan Leaf...

Reactions: 2101Guy
In the vain hope that any active on this thread actually follow useful happenings at Twitter - Does anyone know what the software / IT employees brought over from Tesla are doing? Producing results? Still there? Half fired? Back at Tesla? and so forth.
Well they’re certainly not getting FSD 11 over the line, that’s for sure.

Not surprising given that I've heard of people not placing orders at all because they don't want to support Elon. Hopefully the BOD acts soon. Elon should at minimum be demoted to CTO and then ordered to not tweet about anything without approval of the board. The guy clearly has talent in solving technological problems but Twitter's problems were never technological in the first place, and the takeover is going about as well as I thought it would when you put a man with a mental disorder that affects ability to socialize in charge of a social network.

It's be really nice if some folks here actually knew real Tesla salespeople who wouldn't mind sharing the wink wink nudge nudge info to close friends. I guess we'll find out in a few months when Q4 numbers are out (not sure what Q it's for Tesla).

The actual real test is what happens to orders/pricing starting in 2023 if they get the $7500 tax cut and if Tesla keeps prices the same or raises them. It's obvious no one should take delivery in 2022 if you can get $7500 off assuming you qualify.

I've read there are price cuts in Europe currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.