Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s very curious that the “Twitter overhang” hasn’t cured with the poll results and Elon presumably turning the crown over to someone else.

Perhaps it’s because those who now see Elon as an apostate will accept nothing less than 100% capitulation and deference. We’ll have to see.

There were some folks willing to take the job from tweets, but Musk's comment about having to be completely financially and personally invested will pretty much rule out anyone with any $$ to their name. I guess I can be CEO being a poor chump :) , but I am not hard-core at all.

I don't see anyone taking this job if your complete net worth is on the line. Just not worth gambling all your assets on someone's vain bet.

If Musk just keeps saying no one is good enough and no one else can do it, then the poll is sorta meaningless? Maybe just let Snoop run it.

There were some folks willing to take the job from tweets, but Musk's comment about having to be completely financially and personally invested will pretty much rule out anyone with any $$ to their name. I guess I can be CEO being a poor chump :) , but I am not hard-core at all.

I don't see anyone taking this job if your complete net worth is on the line. Just not worth gambling all your assets on someone's vain bet.

If Musk just keeps saying no one is good enough and no one else can do it, then the poll is sorta meaningless?
Yeah, at the end of the day I took it as a “If I can’t do it no one can” — Hubris is an understatement there but perhaps you do need someone “poor” to accept the challenge.

Reactions: sunwarriors
It’s very curious that the “Twitter overhang” hasn’t cured with the poll results and Elon presumably turning the crown over to someone else.

Perhaps it’s because those who now see Elon as an apostate will accept nothing less than 100% capitulation and deference. (Some members here have even posted as much)

We’ll have to see.
The issue hasnt been that Elon is CEO. The issue is that Elon has been a sugar posting conspiracy theorists troll. Will that go away if someone else is running Twitter? Will Elon be not able to ban people he doesnt like? Wont the CEO work for Elon?

The issue hasnt been that Elon is CEO. The issue is that Elon has been a sugar posting conspiracy theorists troll. Will that go away if someone else is running Twitter? Will Elon be not able to ban people he doesnt like? Wont the CEO work for Elon?
That’s the point. He won’t appease the haters by appointing a new CEO.

They’ll accept nothing but him selling Twitter back to be run by Quislings who would sell their own mother out for a dollar in the name of ideology.

1671467984933.jpeg

I don't find the Twitter sugar show and how it is affecting Tesla funny. But this post from a few months ago has aged well.

I am not a "Fan" but I don't relish in nor want Elon to fail. I just wish he would give up this fight however he can. (just appoint some new CEO, and back off maybe) AND shut up and return to putting his quirky on spectrum brain and energy into the company that made the car I love, and expanding and improving the transportation section of that company, particularly in the areas of charging infrastructure, battery production/infrastructure, vehicle and OS improvements, etc. Build on the lead, not get distracted from the game and focused on some side battle like a pro football player that had the wrong 'roid cocktail that week.

That’s the point. He won’t appease the haters by appointing a new CEO.

They’ll accept nothing but him selling Twitter back to be run by Quislings who would sell their own mother out for a dollar in the name of ideology.
Let me fix for you

That’s the point. He won’t be normal by appointing a new CEO.

Let me fix for you

That’s the point. He won’t be normal by appointing a new CEO.
He doesn't need to resign as Twitter CEO. He just needs to stop tweeting. And he can't, because he has an addiction to tweeting that he can't kick. If Twitter was still publicly traded, its symbol should be STFU.

Let me add. My being pissed about Elon on Twitter isnt because he threatens my liberal ideology. The world bends towards justice and that includes more and more human rights. I guess that makes me woke to believe that. Elon sugar posting on Twitter with nonsense and conspiracies wont change that. Right leaning people that want to believe conspiracies and general nuttiness doesnt change that. So I dont care about that.

I do care about how it hurts Tesla and TSLA. I own millions of dollars of TSLA. I like it not being hurt by CEO. I believe that Climate Change is the most pressing longer term issue the world faces. Yes we have short term crisis, but for the sake of humanity Climate Change is the thing that will hurt the human race more than anything short of a Nuclear War. His actions on Twitter hasnt helped that fight. If Tesla sales slow at all I view that as a failure for Elon and the mission he used to care about publicly. Maybe he still cares, but doesnt appear that way. After all we have been waiting since before he went off on his Twitter adventure for the update to the mission that he stated was nearly done.

Yeah, I recently defended Elon to a friend:

Twitter is all about mastering the algorithm. FSD is all about mastering the algorithm. The entire future of humanity is all about mastering the algorithm.
This isn't about social media, it's a brilliant acquisition and consolidation of algorithm technology.

Turns out it had nothing to do with strategy or technology. He was just embarrassed for making such an ass of himself and wanted to redirect the blame on Dr. Fauci.

Is there any debunked conspiracy theory Elon is not "reconsidering"?

No, I didn't, because it had nothing to do with the 2018 incident you cited as a SECOND example of 420 "costing" him money- when in fact he turned a hefty profit on it.

I said nothing at all about the idiocy that was the twitter purchase.
But of course you are incorrect both in this post as well as your earlier one. How so?

Because you have zero knowledge as to how high the stock price would have been had that 420 fiasco never occurred, whereas I used my Time Machine to ascertain that it would, in fact, have been several thousand dollars higher.

Moral: if you're going to use logic to demonstrate a point, remember to dot your I's and cross your T's.

The mission has always been to sell cars and make Elon Musk Rich. All this talk about climate change and EV’s are nonsense for Elon. He couldn’t break into the Legacy Auto World so he found the best alternative: buy himself in to a product that looked promising, kick the founders out, build his cult who would never find fault in him, profit??

And now he blames the Fed for TSLA 🤣🤣

Last edited:
When does the crashing and burning begin? I've heard for many weeks now that this is imminent, or will eventually happen. But what I see is this:

- A lot of people said they would leave, but Twitter seems to have more members than ever, who are more active than ever (if we believe Elon, and I do until someone can show me the oppositie is happening).
- Some high profile members were loudly announcing they were leaving or considering leaving Twitter, yet I'm under the impression they are still active (which makes sense if you have tens or hundreds of thousands of followers and then you go to Mastodon or some other wasteland and suddenly have no audience and no feedback).
- The site would crash, but that hasn't materialized.
- All advertisers would leave, but last I heard most have resumed advertising after a short pause (they want to be where the eyeballs are).
- Usability is improving, with fewer bots/scams.

So how is it going to crash and burn? Or is that just dramatized wishful thinking?
Seems like lots of people are migrating over to other platforms, but those platforms aren't quite ready for the influx. I imagine that it will be a relatively slow exodus, despite the initial gut reaction from many.
However, lots of fringe right-wingers seem to be joining, so might balance out for a while...but in doing so they will eventually push people away...you know, because they're nuckin futs.

Seems like lots of people are migrating over to other platforms, but those platforms aren't quite ready for the influx. I imagine that it will be a relatively slow exodus, despite the initial gut reaction from many.
However, lots of fringe right-wingers seem to be joining, so might balance out for a while...but in doing so they will eventually push people away...you know, because they're nuckin futs.
Fringe…

Bro. Your average person is more trad than you think. That’s the danger of manufactured consensus: It “normalizes” absurdity and makes it appear as the mainstream when the reality is much more homogenous and less so embracing of.

The mission has always been to sell cars and make Elon Musk Rich. All this talk about climate change and EV’s are nonsense for Elon. He couldn’t break into the Legacy Auto World so he found the best alternative: buy himself in to a product that looked promising, kick the founders out, build his cult who would never find fault in him, profit??

If it was only the fed, it would track exactly the same as everyone else:

This was from Barrons:
Tesla stock was down about 36% from the end of 2021 until just before Musk completed his purchase of Twitter. The Nasdaq Composite was off about 31%. Ford Motor (F) and General Motors (GM) shares were down both down roughly 35%.

But since Musk has owned Twitter, Tesla shares are down another 33%. The Nasdaq is off about 1% over the same span. GM and Ford shares are off roughly 5%.

It's always someone elses fault. Reminds me of someone else I see.

He's unaware of how the fed system/rates truly work. Honestly.
Also, why arent the others in that same sector impacted at the same % level if the issue is the fed? Or did he not even look at that aspect/factor before tweeting his synopsis

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Elon says Fremont is moving to Mejico….

That would be amazing (Nearly completing the exit from California)

But where does it say that in the article?

Status
Not open for further replies.