Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing he fired his entire PR team and he just keeps tweeting nonsense that the SEC is apparently never going to enforce his craziness. Being different is one thing. Screwing with peoples investments and future is another. To a Billionaire it means nothing. But he has single handedly lost 10s of Billions in investors money by making crazy tweets from Twitter, TSLA, layoffs, now claiming hiring more blah blah. He’s about as reliable as Cathie Woods when it comes to investing. I ran the other way from Woods 6 months ago when I predicted her ARKK was going down to $50 from the $170 range it was at. Got laughed at my the diamond hands on Reddit. Maybe TSLA has massive upside but most stocks in the SPY are crazy volatile now.
Elon has created more value in Market Capitalization over the last decade than anyone in recent memory. Get on board or get left behind. ;)

Last edited:
Elon appears to be threatening to walk away from the Twitter Deal. That would be absolutely awesome. Hope he follows thru and gets back to making cars and space ships

I read it completely different. I read it as "I'm THREATENING to walk away because you haven't provided what is required to verify bots. This may affect how much I pay."

I.e. he's continuing to negotiate for a lower price.

I read it completely different. I read it as "I'm THREATENING to walk away because you haven't provided what is required to verify bots. This may affect how much I pay."

I agree he's attempting hard-ball negotiation. Problem is, Twitter doesn't want the deal. At all. Thus my hope that Elon threatens his way into getting focused back on what he's good at.

Reactions: mspohr

YES. And to reiterate, my opinion is he does want to own Twitter, and he's just showing them he isn't going to overpay or take their BS.

The reason he's keen on either owning Twitter OR creating his own version of it is that it is completely aligned with his core mission. to advance human progress towards a just and rational future: accelerating the transition to renewables and ensuring the future of the human race by extending our footprint beyond planet Earth, to Mars and beyond.

Twitter (or its to-be-created replacement) is necessary for 1/ correcting the current situation where all information is controlled by a few corporations and 2/ because it has the raw data for the development of Dojo, where (real) human interactions are the raw data equivalent to driving data for FSD.

For a good take on how strong Elon's response to Twitter's obfuscation has been see

The Elon / Tesla/ Space X show goes on 24x7 - and it's for good

YES. And to reiterate, my opinion is he does want to own Twitter, and he's just showing them he isn't going to overpay or take their BS.

The reason he's keen on either owning Twitter OR creating his own version of it is that it is completely aligned with his core mission. to advance human progress towards a just and rational future: accelerating the transition to renewables and ensuring the future of the human race by extending our footprint beyond planet Earth, to Mars and beyond.

Twitter (or its to-be-created replacement) is necessary for 1/ correcting the current situation where all information is controlled by a few corporations and 2/ because it has the raw data for the development of Dojo, where (real) human interactions are the raw data equivalent to driving data for FSD.

For a good take on how strong Elon's response to Twitter's obfuscation has been see

The Elon / Tesla/ Space X show goes on 24x7 - and it's for good

Sure, Twitter is exactly about fighting global warming, advancing clean environment, etc.

Its also about going to Mars.

These should be obvious. 😌

Owning Twitter will do nothing to advance his core mission. It's just a giant distraction.
He is beyond naive to think that he can improve Twitter or make it more "rational".

He waived due diligence lol this means nothing.

Waiving due diligence with the expectation that written public reports (i.e. SEC filings) are accurate is acceptable. If, however, he can provide evidence that those filings are not accurate (i.e. bot representation is not even close), then this opens up a huge can of worms, both for him and twitter. For him, it gives him leverage in negotiations, but he's taking on a company with then allegedly fraudulent filings. That opens up Twitter to all kinds of shareholder lawsuits, opens the board up to personal lawsuits. It becomes a *sugar* show in a hurry.

Last edited:
If he walks away from this deal, I will happily consider Tesla for my next car, provided he fixes the issues at Tesla.

Really, Elon. Forget Twitter, swallow your pride, this was never going to be a good marriage. 😏
We are buying a Y, irrespective of the Twitter deal - but I hope Elon to walk-away. His understanding of politics, free speech and moderation is really at a very low level. It’s like a Physics 101 student thinking he has all the answers and can produce the unified theory next semester.

Elon buying Twitter is equivalent to me trying to take over TMC because I don’t like some moderation decisions.

Waiving due diligence with the expectation that written public reports (i.e. SEC filings) are accurate is acceptable. If, however, he can provide evidence that those filings are not accurate (i.e. bot representation is not even close), then this opens up a huge can of worms, both for him and twitter. For him, it gives him leverage in negotiations, but he's taking on a company with then allegedly fraudulent filings. That opens up Twitter to all kinds of shareholder lawsuits, opens the board up to personal lawsuits. It becomes a *sugar* show in a hurry.

FUlXrQcUcAEb-Bz

^From Twitter's own SEC filing. Where is the lie?

FUlJNYRaQAA1_07

^Also from Twitter's SEC filings. Twitter stops counting accounts in their mDAU that are determined to be spam, malicious automation, or fake. They then still assign an estimation that accounts among their mDAU (which, again, does not include the known spam/malicious automation/fake accounts) are fake at 5%.

It's like people haven't bothered reading the fine print of SEC are filings. And I include Elon among that group of people.

Last edited:
The end is near for this hilariously bad idea? Thank God. I credit Elon for recognizing when a mistake was made and walking away instead of trying to plow through. Hopefully he does something productive with the $8B of TSLA shares he sold to fund this dud of an acquisition.

• Helpful
Reactions: ZsoZso
Status
Not open for further replies.