Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
6F6D77D7-8A66-4476-AFA3-0F543A31C048.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: bkp_duke
I haven't heard it yet but some people said he didn't say those words.
I heard it. The owner said they are still a Tesla fan, however they are not comfortable with his words towards Trans people (they have a trans child). They sold their Model 3 mostly because of the charging situation in Alaska. But that the magic and shine of Tesla has worn off due to his words. Elon said he will not suppress his views and he thinks that people are somehow forcing him to comply with pronouns (whatever). The moderators quickly tried to move away from this. So the essence of what he was saying was that he doesn't really hate anyone, but he is going to continue speaking this way about Trans people and express his views.

I guess what he doesn't understand is that making fun of a group of people is a form of hate. He's never going to change. To be fair it wasn't confrontational like William LeGate insinuated in his tweet.

And I guess making fun of that community is ok with him.
This is really sad. The Model-3 owner was polite, respectful, and reasonable. Elon seems bound and determined to offend large swaths of people in order to hit back at a few who he thinks have overstepped.

The focus on bots and trolls is sad too. The clear implication is that Musk knows he is extremely popular so a poll where a large majority wants him to step down must be polluted by a massive army of bots and trolls. When people don't agree with him, the problem is always bots, never him. Maybe I'm living in a dream world but I really don't think there are large anti-Elon bot and troll farms designed to skew his silly polls.

Dave Lee's plea fell on deaf ears. Elon intends to continue to be both a player and a referee. He sounded offended that people would prefer that he stop being so offensive. He intends to continue to offend regardless of the consequences. This may be the saddest of all because it means there will be no easy solution and no non-catastrophic end in sight.

The dude was very respectful. The most poignant moment for me was when he said something to the effect of - I'm just trying to get people at school to respect my kid and use their pronouns and all these people see you (Elon), a respected, famous individual punch down on this issue. Elon basically didn't acknowledge that any of his comments / actions could be detrimental to vulnerable people, he was way to concerned about the "media."

A lot of a&$ kissing by almost everyone who spoke.

At least Elon seemed to hear some criticism that his Tesla investors are unhappy with him, even if he wanted to blame everything on the Fed.

I find that most people who say that person x said y etc most of the time are full of *sugar*. Here is the actual conversation from the transcript:

um I've always been a rabid fan there's a lot of people who are similar to me probably a little more liberal very
passionate about our Teslas proud of our Teslas and um you know over the 10 takeover of
Twitter and some of these comments I think some of us have been feeling a
little bit disenfranchised you know still still big fans still shareholders but um you know
some of the magic is missing a little bit there um for example I have a daughter or a a
daughter and then also a trans child and they both were always very excited about
our Tesla we went and bought a model X and um now they have mixed feelings about it
you know it's just like yeah um and it's not always directly related to what you say but kind of some of the
opinions or attention you draw to things like pronouns or something like that and
it's just it's sad for me to watch that happen and um so I've tried to speak out about that you know it doesn't really go
anywhere but um I I do worry also as a shareholder about you know are we alienating certain
people not just extreme left people but just kind of in the middle folks like myself that
um you know it's just added in some politics and controversy that um takes
away a little bit of the Shine off of our Tesla now I did sell my model 3 but
it was mostly because I live in Alaska we're missing some Chargers I'm going to throw in a plug for that but um you know
still a big fan like I said still have our shares you know still love driving our Teslas around but I do I I was just
wondering if you've thought about that at all as you're you know taking on this big uh Twitter job
yeah I mean it's like uh you know I'm not gonna like sort of

suppress my views uh you know so it's like you know it's just
just to boost the stock price so I'm like that's uh I'm not gonna do it so
yeah yeah
I don't think that's what he's
saying though Elon I I think when you own a media property there's this
perception of Independence that's expected from the owner and the Wall Street Journal is owned by Rupert
Murdoch but he doesn't write the opinion pieces even though we know it's his opinion
you know so I think it it sort of like throws people off that the owner has an
opinion now I I don't think your opinions are extreme but a lot of people in the media take what you say and by

the time the customers read it it's not what you said at all and you know I I
just think there's this big perception Gap being driven on beliefs that aren't
even yours really because you're saying something you know and I just think that part of it it's
almost like a trap that that don't it's like a lose-lose trap and I hate seeing people get caught in that
I mean Elon you don't hate trans people do you or what are your kids
I know of course not um so uh I I mean I'm not I'm not internally a hater of
anyone frankly so uh but I you know I think that there's
you know we we the the thing that like it does it does bother me that that
people will use like pronouns to be just be super judgmental um and actually this I just to me it
feels like a lot of these things are like uh just allow they're they're a
shield that allow people to be [ __ ] like a moral Shield that where they can it just gives them a an excuse to be an
[ __ ] and that's that's what that bothers me um so yeah I get that and but I think

what happens real easily in the media is it just appears that you're like punching down to a really marginalized
group like my kid is just trying to have like their pronoun used in school and stuff and it's like you know then you
have this really rich popular person like crapping on pronouns but it gets
mixed up and it's like I think the people that you're talking about like it gets mixed up and then uh people just
see it as a more broader thing that you're like you know being negative towards trans people
let's move on to this yeah yeah

• Disagree
Reactions: bkp_duke and B@ndit
Wow, that was some rough listening. I was expecting Elon to make a fool of himself, which he mostly did, but what I didn't expect was the pandering moderators.

Some people use pronouns because it's deeply important to them. Some use pronouns as an empathetic show of support. Some use pronouns to artificially inflate their moral appearance. If you feel "judged" by any of them, Elon, the judgement is probably coming from within.
And if you feel so judged that you've disowned your daughter and made the war against pronouns one of your highest priorities, then the judgement is definitely coming from within.

I'm pretty sure no one is yelling at Elon in the street: "Hey Muskrat, you're a poo poo face! And I can say that with total moral superiority because my pronouns are she/her/hers!"

The dude was very respectful. The most poignant moment for me was when he said something to the effect of - I'm just trying to get people at school to respect my kid and use their pronouns and all these people see you (Elon), a respected, famous individual punch down on this issue. Elon basically didn't acknowledge that any of his comments / actions could be detrimental to vulnerable people, he was way to concerned about the "media."

A lot of a&$ kissing by almost everyone who spoke.

At least Elon seemed to hear some criticism that his Tesla investors are unhappy with him, even if he wanted to blame everything on the Fed.

Maybe they all should have loudly booed him for 10 minutes. It seems to be the only way to get the point across to him

• Funny
Reactions: JRP3
I find that most people who say that person x said y etc most of the time are full of *sugar*. Here is the actual conversation from the transcript:

um I've always been a rabid fan there's a lot of people who are similar to me probably a little more liberal very
passionate about our Teslas proud of our Teslas and um you know over the 10 takeover of
Twitter and some of these comments I think some of us have been feeling a
little bit disenfranchised you know still still big fans still shareholders but um you know
some of the magic is missing a little bit there um for example I have a daughter or a a
daughter and then also a trans child and they both were always very excited about
our Tesla we went and bought a model X and um now they have mixed feelings about it
you know it's just like yeah um and it's not always directly related to what you say but kind of some of the
opinions or attention you draw to things like pronouns or something like that and
it's just it's sad for me to watch that happen and um so I've tried to speak out about that you know it doesn't really go
anywhere but um I I do worry also as a shareholder about you know are we alienating certain
people not just extreme left people but just kind of in the middle folks like myself that
um you know it's just added in some politics and controversy that um takes
away a little bit of the Shine off of our Tesla now I did sell my model 3 but
it was mostly because I live in Alaska we're missing some Chargers I'm going to throw in a plug for that but um you know
still a big fan like I said still have our shares you know still love driving our Teslas around but I do I I was just
wondering if you've thought about that at all as you're you know taking on this big uh Twitter job
yeah I mean it's like uh you know I'm not gonna like sort of

suppress my views uh you know so it's like you know it's just
just to boost the stock price so I'm like that's uh I'm not gonna do it so
yeah yeah
I don't think that's what he's
saying though Elon I I think when you own a media property there's this
perception of Independence that's expected from the owner and the Wall Street Journal is owned by Rupert
Murdoch but he doesn't write the opinion pieces even though we know it's his opinion
you know so I think it it sort of like throws people off that the owner has an
opinion now I I don't think your opinions are extreme but a lot of people in the media take what you say and by

the time the customers read it it's not what you said at all and you know I I
just think there's this big perception Gap being driven on beliefs that aren't
even yours really because you're saying something you know and I just think that part of it it's
almost like a trap that that don't it's like a lose-lose trap and I hate seeing people get caught in that
I mean Elon you don't hate trans people do you or what are your kids
I know of course not um so uh I I mean I'm not I'm not internally a hater of
anyone frankly so uh but I you know I think that there's
you know we we the the thing that like it does it does bother me that that
people will use like pronouns to be just be super judgmental um and actually this I just to me it
feels like a lot of these things are like uh just allow they're they're a
shield that allow people to be [ __ ] like a moral Shield that where they can it just gives them a an excuse to be an
[ __ ] and that's that's what that bothers me um so yeah I get that and but I think

what happens real easily in the media is it just appears that you're like punching down to a really marginalized
group like my kid is just trying to have like their pronoun used in school and stuff and it's like you know then you
have this really rich popular person like crapping on pronouns but it gets
mixed up and it's like I think the people that you're talking about like it gets mixed up and then uh people just
see it as a more broader thing that you're like you know being negative towards trans people
let's move on to this yeah yeah
I’ve listened and I’ve read, but I can’t see how doing either makes Musk seem less of a bully.

Reactions: hacer and cdub
Status
Not open for further replies.