Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really dont see a point of an Elon - Twitter thread if we are restricted on what Elon does on Twitter that we can chat about.
As the thread instigator, I can categorically state that my intention was never about creating a thread for Elon b*tching. The opposite in fact.

A link to my first post on this thread. Written before Elon had bought Twitter.

The sorts of topics that I thought should be discussed would include:
  1. Financial impact on Elon which was impactful on TSLA. If Elon doesn't make a success then could be impactful again.
  2. Benefits to Tesla - marketing etc.
  3. % of time that Elon will spend on TWTR Vs SpaceX Vs TSLA
  4. How Elon will make it a success
    1. Redundancies
    2. Short term product changes
    3. X.com
    4. Product map
I am personally interested in the politics etc. but understand the need to keep it off the forum. It would be nice to know if there is anywhere on the internet that discusses politics in a grown up manner.

Mods - perhaps altering the title of this thread to "Twitter" or similar would help?

Europe / China / rest of Asia are all on CCS. the "our CEO is abrasive and triggers controversies - but - you are stuck with us because EA sucks" isn't a sustainable approach outside North America...
There’s a lot of reasons to buy a Tesla. Fitting in (AKA virtue signaling) shouldn’t be one of them — Good riddance to fairweather customers, best of luck navigating the CCS network!

Do you really trust this type of clickbait headline, especially when the article don't provide any real numbers to prove it's truthfulness?

Note: The website name 'Motor Biscuit' which I never heard before​
and could not find any previous reference in TMC, made me think about 'Air Biscuit' !!!! LoL​

The reality is that all the legacy car manufacturers are panicking with the current car sale situation.

So it is not difficult to find who is behind this type of negatives news against Elon Musk, and try destroying him and Tesla,​
especially since Tesla don't advertise in any medias (and spend money building a reliable network of Superchargers instead,​
which is certainly the best advertisement for Tesla).​

View attachment 894446
there's % changes which tell a great story but then there's also what's the ABSOLUTE number basis for that % change.... GM / BMW being flat on 2.3 Million+ vehicles delivered ... I doubt Tesla will be still growing 40% YoY when they are pumping out over 2 Million cars...

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Motor Biscuit is sort of like The Verge in that you're not likely to see many Tesla positive pieces from either outfit. But there is definitely more than a grain of truth to the notion that Elon has been alienating a portion of the EV buying public lately. It's extremely unfortunate, and hard to guess what is going through his mind. My hypothesis is that his childhood history of getting bullied left some very deep scars.
True, but I'm literally hearing the exact same thing from friends and friends of friends. Obviously not a scientific poll but my key point is that I've not heard anyone say "I won't buy a <insert other automaker brand name here> because I don't like what the CEO is doing publicly in terms of things entirely unrelated to the auto company". That is to say, I can find people who won't buy a Volkswagen because it cheated on emissions tests...perhaps someone who wouldn't buy a Volkswagen until the CEO was fired because he or she believes the CEO was directing it to cheat on emissions tests. But at least those objections are based on the CEO's actions as they relate to running the company in question. I'm sure I can find people who won't buy other brands because they believe that these brands aren't doing enough to address climate change or other issues associated with the automotive industry. But these objections people have to Tesla/Elon seem to be something different than what's going on with any other auto company.

The sorts of topics that I thought should be discussed would include:
  1. Financial impact on Elon which was impactful on TSLA. If Elon doesn't make a success then could be impactful again.
  2. Benefits to Tesla - marketing etc.
  3. % of time that Elon will spend on TWTR Vs SpaceX Vs TSLA
Well on that topic, Jack Sweeney thinks he's figured something out:
I am personally interested in the politics etc. but understand the need to keep it off the forum. It would be nice to know if there is anywhere on the internet that discusses politics in a grown up manner.
Flyertalk OMNI/PR (PR stands for Politics and Religion) forum. It's actually not even readable unless you have an account, it requires a minimum number of posts in order to participate, and it's opt-in, so you won't even see anything posted there unless you explicitly say you want to participate.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Buckminster
He does seem to have moderated his tweets lately. I'm very happy to see that, and hope that trend continues. I wonder if Kimball had a frank conversation with him. They've both unfollowed each other quite recently, so I'm guessing Kimball laid down some truth that the sycophants and yes men surrounding Elon aren't capable of doing.
Frankly he’s doing it the right way, he’s letting others take the heat for the scorched earth flow that’s been opened while not actively bending the knee for the haters (not that he has anything to be sorry for, but that’s another conversation)

Twitter and Tesla will succeed.

• Informative
Reactions: jabloomf1230
True, but I'm literally hearing the exact same thing from friends and friends of friends. Obviously not a scientific poll but my key point is that I've not heard anyone say "I won't buy a <insert other automaker brand name here> because I don't like what the CEO is doing publicly in terms of things entirely unrelated to the auto company". That is to say, I can find people who won't buy a Volkswagen because it cheated on emissions tests...perhaps someone who wouldn't buy a Volkswagen until the CEO was fired because he or she believes the CEO was directing it to cheat on emissions tests. But at least those objections are based on the CEO's actions as they relate to running the company in question. I'm sure I can find people who won't buy other brands because they believe that these brands aren't doing enough to address climate change or other issues associated with the automotive industry. But these objections people have to Tesla/Elon seem to be something different than what's going on with any other auto company.

Well on that topic, Jack Sweeney thinks he's figured something out:

Flyertalk OMNI/PR (PR stands for Politics and Religion) forum. It's actually not even readable unless you have an account, it requires a minimum number of posts in order to participate, and it's opt-in, so you won't even see anything posted there unless you explicitly say you want to participate.
People will refuse to do business with a company (or otherwise put pressure on a company) if an action is distasteful to the customer. Below is the relatively recent example of Papa John's backlash. The reason why there aren't many other similar "boycotts" of legacy car companies is because most of their executives are careful to not alienate their customers.

Papa John's founder resigns as chairman after apologizing for racial slur
The founder of Papa John's resigned from his position as chairman of the pizza chain's board of directors, just hours after he apologized for using a racial slur during a company conference call earlier this year.

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz
It's pretty hard to fathom that Elon would put SpaceX on the back burner so that he can spend time at Twitter. But that seems to be the case. Thank goodness that Gwynne runs a tight ship free of the histrionics we've been seeing from Elon.
SpaceX is in even better shape than Tesla. Starships and Super Heavy's are queued up. FAA go ahead has slowed them considerably although not 100% sure on that. You can be sure that Elon will attend a week before orbital flight end Feb onwards.

Most of Elon's time at SpaceX was ramping raptor production which suggests again that they don't have many known outstanding issues stopping them going orbital.

People will refuse to do business with a company (or otherwise put pressure on a company) if an action is distasteful to the customer. Below is the relatively recent example of Papa John's backlash. The reason why there aren't many other similar "boycotts" of legacy car companies is because most of their executives are careful to not alienate their customers.

Papa John's founder resigns as chairman after apologizing for racial slur
The founder of Papa John's resigned from his position as chairman of the pizza chain's board of directors, just hours after he apologized for using a racial slur during a company conference call earlier this year.
Yep, and he didn't last too long as CEO after the controversy and boycotts started, did he? This is why pretty much every CEO doesn't publicly get into politics. You can search the FEC website and find plenty of CEOs donating to politicians in their personal capacities but they do not state publicly who they're supporting. They just do it behind the scenes and the only public statements they make pertain to their companies' actions.

Yep, and he didn't last too long as CEO after the controversy and boycotts started, did he? This is why pretty much every CEO doesn't publicly get into politics. You can search the FEC website and find plenty of CEOs donating to politicians in their personal capacities but they do not state publicly who they're supporting. They just do it behind the scenes and the only public statements they make pertain to their companies' actions.
About that…

• Informative
Reactions: philw1776
Status
Not open for further replies.