Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
About that…
He was ousted as CEO in 2017 but remained on the BOD. He was ousted from that position too in 2018. Like any private citizen, he has a right to freedom of speech but the company he founded decided years ago that it no longer wanted to be associated with him because his speech was harming sales.

Yep, and he didn't last too long as CEO after the controversy and boycotts started, did he? This is why pretty much every CEO doesn't publicly get into politics. You can search the FEC website and find plenty of CEOs donating to politicians in their personal capacities but they do not state publicly who they're supporting. They just do it behind the scenes and the only public statements they make pertain to their companies' actions.
One way to look at the job is you’re being paid -- quite a lot -- not to publicly go off on this and a host of other tangents.

None of us give up the right to free speech when we are hired, but the employer has expectations regarding our behavior and there can be consequences for not meeting those. The stockholders are his employers.

Do you really trust this type of clickbait headline, especially when the article don't provide any real numbers to prove it's truthfulness?
Since it correlates with what people on this very forum have said, yes I think you can trust the "clickbait headline" and the claims. Yesterday I stopped at a friend's house and he said "Still driving the white supremacist car?" Joking of course, he's also a TSLA holder, but that sentiment is out there and it's not a good look.

15 mins in, states that he prefers Twitter and Reddit comments on his videos. Great opportunity when monetised content comes is to get MrBeast to load videos directly to Twitter.

Also notes that Twitter Blue is great as they have better comments.

He doesn't think that Twitter can compete with YouTube in the next 5 years. He later says it is impossible in the next 10 years. However, I'm not sure he is factoring in:
  1. Existing creators will load to both and people might end up staying on Twitter
  2. New creators may only bother with Twitter and they might do better as they are fresh and people prefer staying on Twitter

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I don’t know if being anti-human and Pro-bot is racist, but it certainly puts you in the non humanitarian camp. When he says 8 billion people on the planet is not enough and we desperately need more population, he is just saying we need more people of a certain type. I believe Elon is just a racist kickstarter huckster. His right wing new fans have the excuse of waiting for a cyberduck that will never come. Who is Tesla‘s core market now, I don’t know. They don’t advertise but use plenty of internet shills to market his mission

what I need to see before I re-invest is more consistency in the product offering (equipment, build quality) and a dedication to customer service (weeks of wait for simple repairs at SC or "waiting for parts" can't be it ... )

lately the removal of USS - without feature parity by software - and the yoke only ... then yoke AND wheel as option ... have shown avoidable customer irritation. if USS are in short supply and /or it is cost cutting... then say so and pass savings on to consumer and do not hide behind "not needed". Especially if the facelift M3 is getting a 4D radar...
The sense I have gotten over the past year is that Tesla is seriously cheapening their models, gutting features and claiming that it's for certain reasons (it's not). Many of the legacy carmakers, in my opinion, have caught up. And they add quality, reliability and real luxury.

15 mins in, states that he prefers Twitter and Reddit comments on his videos. Great opportunity when monetised content comes is to get MrBeast to load videos directly to Twitter.

Also notes that Twitter Blue is great as they have better comments.

He doesn't think that Twitter can compete with YouTube in the next 5 years. He later says it is impossible in the next 10 years. However, I'm not sure he is factoring in:
  1. Existing creators will load to both and people might end up staying on Twitter
  2. New creators may only bother with Twitter and they might do better as they are fresh and people prefer staying on Twitter
Great that Twitter is empowering Mr. Beast.
I have long wondered how much collective human time that guy has wasted. But... at least he’s not political. Corroding culture in an entirely different way.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
There are a lot of negative news regarding Elon Musk and Tesla,
but no one want to comment about other car companies which are in big trouble,
starting with the top one like Toyota and VW.

Some more objective analysis can be still found, such as:

Because you don't have the CEOs of these other companies making fools of themselves on Twitter and allowing Nazis back on the platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.