Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

...in recent months, when customers called to cancel their orders or terminate the leases early — citing Musk’s Twitter drama as the reason, a common refrain from the spokesperson answering the calls was: “We’re hearing a lot of that.”

There’s a lot of reasons to buy a Tesla. Fitting in (AKA virtue signaling) shouldn’t be one of them
Well obviously the drama is alienating some customers and causing them to cancel orders. Everyone buys a car for a different reason, and some people won't buy a Tesla now because of the actions of Tesla CEO. Did you ever hear anyone say he/she wouldn't buy an Apple product because he/she was tired of Steve Jobs making ridiculous political statements that were contrary to his/her values? What about not subscribing to Netflix because of the same involving Reed Hastings? Or not wanting to use Google products because of Sergey Brin or Larry Page or Eric Schmidt?
— Good riddance to fairweather customers, best of luck navigating the CCS network!
That's a big concern, and why I probably wouldn't buy a non Tesla EV at this time. However, there do exist customers who don't care about fast charging. Some have ICE vehicles that they plan to use for road trips. Others might only plan to use them on routes where there is good CCS coverage. For these customers, there may not be a difference between a Tesla and a competing EV from the perspective of how it's charged. Tesla's board obviously should want to capture all of this business and to have any customers turned off by the actions of the CEO is not only counterproductive but it's against their fiduciary duty to their shareholders.

Do you really trust this type of clickbait headline, especially when the article don't provide any real numbers to prove it's truthfulness?

Note: The website name 'Motor Biscuit' which I never heard before​
and could not find any previous reference in TMC, made me think about 'Air Biscuit' !!!! LoL​

The reality is that all the legacy car manufacturers are panicking with the current car sale situation.

So it is not difficult to find who is behind this type of negatives news against Elon Musk, and try destroying him and Tesla,​
especially since Tesla don't advertise in any medias (and spend money building a reliable network of Superchargers instead,​
which is certainly the best advertisement for Tesla).​

2022 vs 2021 - Market Sales.jpg

Last edited:
Motor Biscuit is sort of like The Verge in that you're not likely to see many Tesla positive pieces from either outfit. But there is definitely more than a grain of truth to the notion that Elon has been alienating a portion of the EV buying public lately. It's extremely unfortunate, and hard to guess what is going through his mind. My hypothesis is that his childhood history of getting bullied left some very deep scars.

Motor Biscuit is sort of like The Verge in that you're not likely to see many Tesla positive pieces from either outfit. But there is definitely more than a grain of truth to the notion that Elon has been alienating a portion of the EV buying public lately. It's extremely unfortunate, and hard to guess what is going through his mind. My hypothesis is that his childhood history of getting bullied left some very deep scars.
There are a lot of negative news regarding Elon Musk and Tesla,
but no one want to comment about other car companies which are in big trouble,
starting with the top one like Toyota and VW.

Some more objective analysis can be still found, such as:

There’s a lot of reasons to buy a Tesla. Fitting in (AKA virtue signaling) shouldn’t be one of them — Good riddance to fairweather customers, best of luck navigating the CCS network!

I did not buy either of my Teslas to "fit in." My first EV was a Zap Xebra. Definitely didn't "fit in" driving that. I bought my Roadster because I wanted a "real" EV, i.e. one that would go faster than 35 mph and farther than 40 miles to dead empty. I bought my Model 3 because I wanted EAP and because it's a safer and more practical car than the Roadster.

But I'm very upset by Musk's antics. Speculating with Tesla stockholder money (my money, as a stockholder) by buying a flopping million dollars of bitcoin, reneging on his promise to bring an affordable family EV to market, moving Tesla to Texas, and now the whole kerfuffle with Twitter, granting "free speech" to all the malicious actors who were banned for spreading dangerous disinformation and banning legitimate reporters for criticizing himself, etc.

I didn't buy my Tesla to "fit in." I bought it because it was the best EV I could buy. But if Musk is still in charge and still behaving like an irresponsible jerk when it comes time for me to buy a new car, it will probably not be a Tesla. Especially with more and more options becoming available.

Do you really trust this type of clickbait headline, especially when the article don't provide any real numbers to prove it's truthfulness?

Note: The website name 'Motor Biscuit' which I never heard before​
and could not find any previous reference in TMC, made me think about 'Air Biscuit' !!!! LoL​

The reality is that all the legacy car manufacturers are panicking with the current car sale situation.

So it is not difficult to find who is behind this type of negatives news against Elon Musk, and try destroying him and Tesla,​
especially since Tesla don't advertise in any medias (and spend money building a reliable network of Superchargers instead,​
which is certainly the best advertisement for Tesla).​

View attachment 894446

This chart is from 2021 to 2022 before all the craziness really started. I think when the 2022 to 2023 chart is up, that'd be more relevant. This chart also doesn't factor whether cars are EVs, supply chain issues (which was a bigger problem for autos in 2022), etc....I've seen articles that Toyota would've sold more if they could've sold more, etc.

I get the disagreement from anyone who has a counter belief that is pro-Tesla here, but from numerous posts of folks here, there are folks who won't buy a Tesla currently under the current situation.

The other data point I've been noticing is the largest within the last 3 months of Tesla inventory now (maybe largest ever?).

We'll still see how this plays out, but it doesn't take a motorbiscuit article to see inventory is much higher (I see ~200 MYs now). If people think Tesla will never pause production at factories, someone has to blink first.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Status
Not open for further replies.