Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Democrats: "Elon Musk is right wing because he supports Covid conspiracy theory and doubts vaccines"

Meanwhile, also Democrats: 19% support for RFK Jr's presidential nomination bid.

It's increasingly clear now that *every* line of "reasoning" to paint Musk as a right wing figure has been falsified by reality, no wonder anti-Musk idiots are again hoping Twitter will fail somehow, even though I just got the above RFK Jr news from twitter, haha.

Uh, no, Elon is right-wing because he echoes Fox News talking points, QAnon narratives, is openly anti-trans, is against higher tax rates for billionaires, etc. Etc. On a handful of issues (mostly environmental) he's left-leaning as very few people fall to one side of the aisle on every issue. He openly stated he likes Texas's policies. Doesn't get much more right wing than that.

He spoke of CA's "fascist" shutdowns in 2020. He has said nothing of China's shutdowns, even the ones in 2022. You should be smart enough to figure out why.

First of all, it's not just "an" anti vax Democrats, it's the meaningful support he got from Democrat voters that matters.

As for why this means Elon isn't right wing, that's basic logic: If you classify Elon as a right wing via let's say 5 traits he had, then we find all 5 traits exist in meaningful number of left wing, then it should be obvious that using these traits to classify people as right wing is wrong.
Lunatic theories such as anti vax find common ground in the extremes at both ends. Many of the original anti vaxxers were extreme liberal crystal mommies, then the right jumped onboard because of covid. That's all it is. None of that changes the fact that Elon has been consistently been boosting more extreme right wing ideas in the last year or so than he ever has.

Democrats: "Elon Musk is right wing because he supports Covid conspiracy theory and doubts vaccines"

Meanwhile, also Democrats: 19% support for RFK Jr's presidential nomination bid.

It's increasingly clear now that *every* line of "reasoning" to paint Musk as a right wing figure has been falsified by reality, no wonder anti-Musk idiots are again hoping Twitter will fail somehow, even though I just got the above RFK Jr news from twitter, haha.
He’s right wing. It’s understood at this point, not debatable. Thanks for the distraction though.

And people claim Elon Musk is wrong about "woke mind virus"...

That actually gives me hope. Only 20% of college students think it's okay to use violence to silence someone? A higher percentage of the general population think that ghosts are real and the Earth is flat FFS.

25% of our population is completely mentally defective. You can poll them with any absurd notion and you'll get 25% believing it's true.

Do we need to go back to 4th grade and explain to you that to have a tolerant society, you actually can't tolerate intolerance?

When I was in 4th grade, I was taught to tolerate free speech. “I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”

Who gets to define "intolerance" in your utopian tolerant society?

For instance, is it "intolerant" (and worthy of social media bans or losing one's job) to have some misgivings on the medical efficacy of cutting off children's body parts for "gender affirmation"?

There is a big difference between tolerating and celebrating certain views.

Face it - the Left is going bonkers simply because they are losing control of their media monopoly. All Elon is doing is pulling back the curtain a bit and Leftists now have to do the harder work to actually defend their positions intellectually as opposed to simply shutting down the debate from the Right.

When I was in 4th grade, I was taught to tolerate free speech. “I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”

For instance, is it "intolerant" (and worthy of social media bans or losing one's job) to have some misgivings on the medical efficacy of cutting off children's body parts for "gender affirmation"?

Face it - the Left is going bonkers simply because they are losing control of their media monopoly. All Elon is doing is pulling back the curtain a bit and Leftists now have to do the harder work to actually defend their positions intellectually as opposed to simply shutting down the debate from the Right.
The only curtain Elon has pulled back was the one concealing his true nature.
He hasn’t revealed much if anything about the nature of “The Media” but rather has amplified distortions of fact and truth.

1683044583307.png

And which group of people is engaging in book banning?

The same group of people who tore down statues of Washington and Jefferson and are very upset that they are losing their banning monopoly on Social Media.

The same group that banned these classics in some California school districts.
  • Huckleberry Finn
  • Of Mice and Men
  • To Kill a Mocking Bird
  • The Cay
  • Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry

• Disagree
Reactions: bkp_duke and B@ndit
  • Disagree
Reactions: bkp_duke and B@ndit
Face it - the Left is going bonkers simply because they are losing control of their media monopoly.
You mean those left wing media companies such as Fox, Newsmax, WSJ, Epoch Times, Breitbart, etc.? Plus the fact that most main stream "left" media is just corporate centrist and hardly "left". The only ones "going bonkers" is the extreme right as they continue to lose touch with the majority of the country.

That's weird because I was taught that some things are not appropriate to say. I'd give examples but I'd probably get banned, and rightly so. Funny that society has rules.

You mean those left wing media companies such as Fox, Newsmax, WSJ, Epoch Times, Breitbart, etc.? Plus the fact that most main stream "left" media is just corporate centrist and hardly "left". The only ones "going bonkers" is the extreme right as they continue to lose touch with the majority of the country.
The right is going bonkers because they have a conspiracy theory for everything. Every time someone opposes their extremist positions it's always due to some conspiracy against them as opposed to the fact that most people just don't care for extremists.
That's weird because I was taught that some things are not appropriate to say. I'd give examples but I'd probably get banned, and rightly so. Funny that society has rules.
Defending someone's right to yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater is pretty funny. If someone did that and caused a stampede, and I could be part of said stampede without risking my life, I'd help trample the person as a demonstration of the consequences of free speech.

But merely defending someone's right to say something is one thing. Giving him or her a platform to spew hate and conspiracy theories is another, and Elon is doing the latter with Twitter. I'd at least give him props for standing up for the principles of free speech absolutism under the confines of the law but he can't even do that, as he has banned Jack Sweeney's ElonJet account which wasn't doing anything illegal.

Velocity accelerating. At this rate, they could be working on X app by the end of the year!
Wow. The number of new features Twitter has added in the last 4 months is just astounding. The fact that I see my followers and blue checks ahead of all the trolls and bots, that alone is an amazing feature.

I heard the Ads are way less if I subscribe for Blue check. That in itself might be an incentive for me to go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.