Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this is precisely true. More to the point, since this is a Tesla forum... there is no rational way to argue his purchase of Twitter is good for the health of the company, and therefore it is not good for his stated key mission of reducing carbon emissions and fighting climate change.,
He is erroding that effort for an impulsive whim because he is addicted to tweeting. His stated reasons for buying Twitter are rationalizations.
Some of my friends are already making comments about owning the cars coming to have a faint whiff of wearing a red baseball hat.
He needs everyone possible to consider buying the cars. This is not helping.
I don’t believe Elon stated his sole mission is reducing carbon emission and fighting climate change. That is certainly not the mission of SpaceX.. they aren’t using batteries to launch those.

I own and fully support wearing those red baseball caps. Stating that anything that even has a whiff of this is contrary to getting “everyone possible to consider buying the cars” doesn’t really make any sense. There are other reasons to buy a Tesla apart from the emissions mission.

I don’t believe Elon stated his sole mission is reducing carbon emission and fighting climate change. That is certainly not the mission of SpaceX.. they aren’t using batteries to launch those.

I own and fully support wearing those red baseball caps. Stating that anything that even has a whiff of this is contrary to getting “everyone possible to consider buying the cars” doesn’t really make any sense. There are other reasons to buy a Tesla apart from the emissions mission.

Yeah, the missions of tesla is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.

That's not the case for every Elon venture.

That said- it's concerning that immediately after selling 8+ billion dollars in Tesla stock, Elon posted this:

So either he doesn't take his own advice, or thinks Tesla is trending worse.

(or like all humans he's inconsistent in what he says versus what he actually does...probably that one)

I didn’t say that was his sole mission.
You’re adding that on.
I would say it is his most important but that’s just me… and wear whatever hat you want….I’d die over supporting your right to do that.
The point is …not the reasons to buy the car. The point is to try not to give 50 percent of the population a reason NOT to buy them.
You and I may think that’s a dumb reason not to buy a car, but it’s the world we live in. It’s fact that people decide things that way and to persuade them he needs to take that fact into account.
If you don’t care about climate change, though, this conversation is pointless and you need to move along and engage with someone else.

I didn’t say that was his sole mission.
You’re adding that on.
I would say it is his most important but that’s just me… and wear whatever hat you want….I’d die over supporting your right to do that.
The point is …not the reasons to buy the car. The point is to try not to give 50 percent of the population a reason NOT to buy them.
You and I may think that’s a dumb reason not to buy a car, but it’s the world we live in. It’s fact that people decide things that way and to persuade them he needs to take that fact into account.
If you don’t care about climate change, though, this conversation is pointless and you need to move along and engage with someone else.
50 percent of the population isn’t triggered by anything having to do with red caps. That’s an exaggeration.

Feel free to “move along” whenever you’d like. 🤷‍♂️

He has stated from the beginning that the goal is to fight AGW.

This is his quote :

“Climate change is the biggest threat that humanity faces this century, except for AI,”

If he has started to turn now, his brain is getting affected by the BS from the right.

And that’s not going to help. Red baseball caps are all about traitorous takeover of power, hate, misogyny, science denial, and lies.

This is his quote :

“Climate change is the biggest threat that humanity faces this century, except for AI,”

If he has started to turn now, his brain is getting affected by the BS from the right.

And that’s not going to help. Red baseball caps are all about traitorous takeover of power, hate, misogyny, science denial, and lies.
That’s Tesla’s mission. He has multiple companies, with multiple missions. Again, is SpaceX’s mission to combat climate change?

And I’m not going to reply to the remaining ignorance you’ve spouted as that will surely dissolve this thread into anarchy. Although, I’m positive you won’t let it go.

That’s Tesla’s mission. He has multiple companies, with multiple missions. Again, is SpaceX’s mission to combat climate change?

And I’m not going to reply to the remaining ignorance you’ve spouted as that will surely dissolve this thread into anarchy. Although, I’m positive you won’t let it go.
It’s not ignorance. It’s your outright denial of democracy and decency.

You don’t have the balls to face up to your own extreme prejudices, and inability to accept peoples will.

All I know is whatever they were doing, pre Elon, substantially effected those on the right. I think both sides should get to speak, that’s the only way we can at least try to find the actual truth in the
50 percent of the population isn’t triggered by anything having to do with red caps. That’s an exaggeration.

Feel free to “move along” whenever you’d like. 🤷‍♂️
Still waiting for you to explain how his purchase of Twitter will help car sales.
Yeah, I did exaggerate. Triggered is your inaccurate word. But it’s prob more like 53 percent who are troubled by what red hats have come to represent.
But… again… how is Twitter purchase helping Tesla?

Still waiting for you to explain how his purchase of Twitter will help car sales.
Yeah, I did exaggerate. Triggered is your inaccurate word. But it’s prob more like 53 percent who are troubled by what red hats have come to represent.
But… again… how is Twitter purchase helping Tesla?
Who said it’s supposed to help Tesla?

Who said it’s supposed to help Tesla?
In my original post I said it wasn’t helping Tesla. Any number of fanboys here have asserted it does, citing all kinds of potential made up synergy. That was literally my only point. You responded by going off on a bunch of tangents about politics or whatever. If you agree with me that it doesn’t help Tesla then we don’t have any argument here. This is a thread about Elon and Twitter. That’s all I’m writing about here. Thanks.

In my original post I said it wasn’t helping Tesla. Any number of fanboys here have asserted it does, citing all kinds of potential made up synergy. That was literally my only point. You responded by going off on a bunch of tangents about politics or whatever. If you agree with me that it doesn’t help Tesla then we don’t have any argument here. This is a thread about Elon and Twitter. That’s all I’m writing about here. Thanks.
We’re close I guess.. I didn’t think it was good or bad for Tesla. Other than him owning both companies.

I guess I made up your comment of a ‘faint whiff of a red baseball cap’.

Reactions: advocate8
We’re close I guess.. I didn’t think it was good or bad for Tesla. Other than him owning both companies.

I guess I made up your comment of a ‘faint whiff of a red baseball cap’.
no, you didn’t make that up. That was something a couple of people have actually told me -- to my surprise frankly -- when questioning my choice in cars and I raised it because it has bearing on the issue I was pointing out, he could turn off some potential customers is the only point I was making.

Reactions: Nrvna76

This is his quote :

It’s not ignorance. It’s your outright denial of democracy and decency.

You don’t have the balls to face up to your own extreme prejudices, and inability to accept peoples will.
My dad gave me great advise when I was young “never argue with stupid ignorant people. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

It applies here.

• Informative
Reactions: rjpjnk
My dad gave me great advise when I was young “never argue with stupid ignorant people. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

It applies here.

Just because I’m challenging your indefensible beliefs and sentiments does not mean I’m ‘ignorant’. That’s just something you say because you don’t have any counter argument. 😏

60%+ of you red cap people think the election was stolen (despite losing 60+ lawsuits trying to prove your case).
Your beloved GOP declared in Feb 2022 that Jan 6 events were ‘legitimate political discourse’.

Lets start with that. Tell me why stating that you support violent overthrow of legitimate governments is ‘ignorant’.

The rest of my posts dealt with what Elon has said, and the quotes are directly from him. Half of house republicans, and 60% of senate republicans make up the climate deniers in our congress. (Climate Deniers in the 117th Congress)

Regarding hate, one needs to only look at what’s happening in Florida.

Now, tell me, why is stating these facts ‘ignorant’?

Just because I’m challenging your indefensible beliefs and sentiments does not mean I’m ‘ignorant’. That’s just something you say because you don’t have any counter argument. 😏

60%+ of you red cap people think the election was stolen (despite losing 60+ lawsuits trying to prove your case).
Your beloved GOP declared in Feb 2022 that Jan 6 events were ‘legitimate political discourse’.

Lets start with that. Tell me why stating that you support violent overthrow of legitimate governments is ‘ignorant’.

The rest of my posts dealt with what Elon has said, and the quotes are directly from him. Half of house republicans, and 60% of senate republicans make up the climate deniers in our congress. (Climate Deniers in the 117th Congress)

Regarding hate, one needs to only look at what’s happening in Florida.

Now, tell me, why is stating these facts ‘ignorant’?
I’ll wade into this because I’m bored, and you baselessly attacked me earlier that “I don’t have the balls” or something. I’m sure it will be responded with attacks of racism or ignorance or something and I’ll be all done responding at that point.

Most of us aren’t sure if the election was ‘stolen’ or not. However there are a lot of irregularities that don’t exactly make sense, and if you’ve lost trust in the institutions, then you start questioning things. Most on the other side still trust the institutions and that’s completely ok.

Quick list: Biden lost 18 of 19 bellweather counties, overcame Trumps winning 94% of the primary vote (never happened before above something like 80%), failed to take any of the 27 tossup congressional seats, had fewer votes than Obama in 70% of counties accept for 12 Million votes in a small number of counties in swing states after midnight.

In Wisconsin the number of indefinitely confined voters increased by 238% in one year, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court unilaterally altered the time and manner of the election, which is contrary to their constitution (due to Covid), there was a huge increase in ballots needing adjudication to determine “voters intent” as to what is a typical percent of adjudicated mail in ballots. There’s more similar items in all swing states.

As far as I can remember, no cases were actually heard. They were all dismissed due to standing, they did not rule on the merits of the cases. I could clearly be totally wrong here but this was my recollection.

I think this election will be studied for decades.

I agree Jan 6 was bad, I’m not sure I agree with rounding people up and throwing them in jail for a year without a trial though. If they broke the law, charge them and have the trial.

Also, I don’t think what is happening in Florida is hateful, many people agree, including many Floridians who are about to vote Desantis again. Presuming you’re talking about HB1557 which makes discussing gender identity and such illegal up to 3rd grade I think..? I totally support that bill and wish it would happen here. Kids that age aren’t equipped for that discussion.

Let the attacks begin!!!

I’ll wade into this because I’m bored, and you baselessly attacked me earlier that “I don’t have the balls” or something. I’m sure it will be responded with attacks of racism or ignorance or something and I’ll be all done responding at that point.

Most of us aren’t sure if the election was ‘stolen’ or not. However there are a lot of irregularities that don’t exactly make sense, and if you’ve lost trust in the institutions, then you start questioning things. Most on the other side still trust the institutions and that’s completely ok.

Quick list: Biden lost 18 of 19 bellweather counties, overcame Trumps winning 94% of the primary vote (never happened before above something like 80%), failed to take any of the 27 tossup congressional seats, had fewer votes than Obama in 70% of counties accept for 12 Million votes in a small number of counties in swing states after midnight.

In Wisconsin the number of indefinitely confined voters increased by 238% in one year, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court unilaterally altered the time and manner of the election, which is contrary to their constitution (due to Covid), there was a huge increase in ballots needing adjudication to determine “voters intent” as to what is a typical percent of adjudicated mail in ballots. There’s more similar items in all swing states.

As far as I can remember, no cases were actually heard. They were all dismissed due to standing, they did not rule on the merits of the cases. I could clearly be totally wrong here but this was my recollection.

I agree Jan 6 was bad, I’m not sure I agree with rounding people up and throwing them in jail for a year without a trial though. If they broke the law, charge them and have the trial.

Also, I don’t think what is happening in Florida is hateful, many people agree, including many Floridians who are about to vote Desantis again. Presuming you’re talking about HB1557 which makes discussing gender identity and such illegal up to 3rd grade I think..? I totally support that bill and wish it would happen here. Kids that age aren’t equipped for that discussion.

Let the attacks begin!!!

Nice of you to presuppose we are going to attack you. It’s like saying ‘no matter what I post, even if it’s BS, you can’t attack me now!’. Belies your psychology.

You posted a whopper there. A big one.

Let me cut to the chase.

”As far as I can remember, no cases were actually heard. They were all dismissed due to standing, they did not rule on the merits of the cases. I could clearly be totally wrong here but this was my recollection.”

This is false. They were dismissed after the parties challenging the results could not produce evidence. Also known as ‘there is no proof of fraud’. If you are implying you did not really delve too deeply into this matter, because, as you say ‘to the best of my recollection’, why don’t you read some unbiased reports on this matter?

Here is just one: Fact check: Courts have dismissed multiple lawsuits of alleged electoral fraud presented by Trump campaign

If there was any evidence, the challengers would have won a majority of the cases. However that is not the case, and these are the facts.

There is also this beauty:

Thats the hyper partisan CyberNinjas, hired to find votes for Trump, ended up finding less votes for Trump. 🙂

May be that will convince you? I am not holding my breath! 😏

When Trump won in 2016, do you re,ember the overwhelming majority of republican reaction to the anguish on the Dems’ side? ”Trump won, fair and square, suck it up!” You could do the same now, and wait for th next election when you get your chance to vote.

Regarding Jan 6 comments, it’s good you and I agree that the events were very bad. But then you say ‘the perpetrators should be brought to trial and not sent to jail without one’. What?? They _are_ being brought to trial, at the conclusion of which, they are getting sentences, the system is working as designed. I am not sure how you could miss these facts. I have a theory why.

Lastly, none of the above shows how my stating of the facts was ignorant. In fact it points out you have been ignoring some pretty well known facts. Willfully, perhaps.

Let the attacks begin!!!
No one cares, because last I checked this is not a forum about politics and politicians.

Side note: I feel a tinge of sympathy for the moderators here. Because Elon has been on a protracted free speech kick, it seems that topics and posts that normally would have be sidetracked to the netherworld politics thread have lingered in this and other threads. If I wanted Twitter, I'd go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.