Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to conclude anything other than Elon has absolutely no idea what he is doing at Twitter. Hopefully the damage to his reputation doesn't cause employees at Tesla and SpaceX to worry about what could happen there
Doubt it. There’s a huge difference between being a CEO of a company you founded and one you purchased. Humans are tribal and Elon is not a member of the Twitter employee tribe.

Doubt it. There’s a huge difference between being a CEO of a company you founded and one you purchased. Humans are tribal and Elon is not a member of the Twitter employee tribe.

I've seen some people claim that Elon bought Twitter to intentionally destroy it. To me, that line of thinking is insane because if he wanted to do that, he'd just pull the plug on the first day and shut it all down. No way he'd go through all this thrashing. I think he knows he has a very loyal employee base at Tesla and SpaceX and mistakenly thought he could just snap his fingers and get that at Twitter too.

Sounds like a bit of a meltdown in Twitter land. I'm sure it's going to be fine in the end, but potentially more FUD ammo for the shorts and hedges tomorrow.

It's unbelievable how bad the sentiment is right now towards Elon, and by proxy, TSLA. He predicted it, but smh.

If Twitter implodes, I wonder if Elon will have to sell more TSLA to pay back investors/loans.

If Twitter implodes, I wonder if Elon will have to sell more TSLA to pay back investors/loans.
There's nothing to implode by employees leaving. A skeleton crew could run what Twitter is nowadays. Twitter employees somehow think they're irreplaceable lol.

Man they're going to be in for a rude awakening when they realize the tech job space has changed a lot in the past 3 months

It's hard to conclude anything other than Elon has absolutely no idea what he is doing at Twitter. Hopefully the damage to his reputation doesn't cause employees at Tesla and SpaceX to worry about what could happen there

This makes no sense to me. People at SpaceX and Tesla already know what it means to work for Elon and they love it. The employees at Twitter on the other hand think that Elon is the devil. In the end everyone is replaceable.

Did it 4 da lulz?

It’s working. Surely this is sustainable?

People fail to appreciate that Elon can safely lose billions of dollars on this enterprise. Plenty of time to right the ship.

All he has to do is sell more Tesla stock, which is no big deal. He probably has already set up a planned sale program so timing is not an issue.

This makes no sense to me. People at SpaceX and Tesla already know what it means to work for Elon and they love it. The employees at Twitter on the other hand think that Elon is the devil. In the end everyone is replaceable.
Maybe rockets and electric cars are worth killing yourself over, but social media isn’t quite as enticing.

They know what it was like working for Elon pre-Twitter. My question is whether Twitter will change him a way that is detrimental to Tesla and SpaceX.

Were the employees really the problem at Twitter? It's pretty hard to see misunderstood genius in all of this. Maybe I'll end up wrong about this, but it just seems like a tragicomic series of unforced errors. And if this was somehow the desired outcome, there had to be a better way to get there.

I think the harm to Elons brand is real and will probably be lasting. The hope is that this does not have much carryover for the long term fundamentals of Tesla.

I have seen to many say the employees of Twitter will march along side Elon like Tesla and SpaceX employees have. Such false equivalency. Elon was at Tesla and Twitter before most of the employees were. They witnessed him creating the companies. For Twitter he is a outsider walking in and telling all of them they are dumb F's and dont know what they are doing. What would stop them from just a general walkout. Maybe Elon will feet the wrath of workers for once. I have supported the fact that Tesla doesnt have a union because Tesla has treated employees well. Have said companies that treat employees well without the need of a union should be celebrated. The way Elon is running Twitter I think is really the opposite.

It’s much simpler to implement “you can’t do all of these things that aren’t technically illegal, regardless of where you live, but we deem to be inappropriate” vs “we are going to allow all speech that is legal specific to the area in which the tweet was written or will be read.” The latter is a great deal more effort.
Correct. Common basic denominator is easier to implement.

But I think that's not what Twitter does now. As I said, they censor Nazi stuff in Germany but not in US, AFAIK.

Maybe rockets and electric cars are worth killing yourself over. But social media isn’t quite as enticing.
People dont seem to get that. The people I know that work or want to work for Tesla believed in the mission. Climate Change is very important for the youth. It is something front in center in my childrens minds (27, 25, and 21). Social Media companies not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.