Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he threatened to leave if he is charged for his blue check. I doubt that is going to happen.
$8 from one dude doesn’t matter.

The fact that he is staying in spite of the fact that he clearly doesn’t like Musk or Twitter does.

Lots of people complaining. A very very tiny number actually stepping up to the plate to leave their followers behind.

I guess Stephen King wasn’t excited about having 375 followers on Mastadon.

The plot thickens!
What’s weird about this is that the texts that Musk submitted do have his “sorry, who is sending this message?” message to SBF but no other messages! Despite being logged as a message to SBF. Conspiracy?
How did they get screenshots from SBF’s phone?
Elon certainly does seem to have FTX/SBF on his mind these days…

Btw I’m mostly joking here. Could all be some sort of fake news (that wouldn’t have occurred if Elon had complied with discovery or been more careful in not complying.)

Mod: there are too many posts here that verge on being outright political. We don't need to see re-posts of whatever Elon tweets, nor do we need to see posts accusing politicians of being insane or incontinent (or whatever). Keep it about Elon's ownership of Twitter, or this entire discussion thread is in danger. --ggr.

The plot thickens!
What’s weird about this is that the texts that Musk submitted do have his “sorry, who is sending this message?” message to SBF but no other messages! Despite being logged as a message to SBF. Conspiracy?
How did they get screenshots from SBF’s phone?
Elon certainly does seem to have FTX/SBF on his mind these days…

Btw I’m mostly joking here. Could all be some sort of fake news (that wouldn’t have occurred if Elon had complied with discovery or been more careful in not complying.)
Maybe he did have a position, did not end up rolling (a wise financial decision it would seem) , and the balance sheet was out of date?

Still, Elon seemed chummy with him at the time even if he is making fun of SBF now.

Or the balance sheet and the position was completely made up. Who knows.

Last edited:
Maybe he did have a position, did not end up rolling (a wise financial decision it would seem) , and the balance sheet was out of date?

Still, Elon seemed chummy with him at the time even if he is making fun of SBF now.

Or the balance sheet and the position was completely made up. Who knows.
Probably but the TWTR is listed as an illiquid asset which is odd.
And why does it appear that Elon withheld other messages between himself and SBF?

Herschel Walker is a Republican running for congress. Simple logic.

So now we have to start fact-checking what people post here?!? Do I understand correctly and did Elon never directly endorse Herschel Walker? Did he endorse the Republican party for Congress and then someone decided that it’s the same as endorsing the one of 500 candidates whose ideas go the most against Tesla’s mission?

That’s the same as saying that an endorsement of the Democratic party is an endorsement of the coal burning which candidate Joe Manchin stands for.

This is not meant to be a political post, it’s meant to be a warning against posting fake news here. I understand the outrage some feel, but as a mod I will not stand for such nonsense.

When did Musk endorse Walker? Is there any tie between them?

Tried searching, but some SNL sketch is skunking up any search results.

This is one of those things I wouldn't be surprised of... but I wouldn't be surprised is completely invented either.
Nothing directly that I know of.

But he did ask everyone to vote for Republicans.

So now we have to start fact-checking what people post here? Do I understand well and did Elon never endorse Herschel Walker? He endorsed the Republican party for Congress and then someone decides that it’s the same as endorsing the one of 500 candidates whose ideas go the most against Tesla’s mission? That’s the same as saying that an endorsement of the Democratic party is an endorsement of the coal burning which candidate Joe Manchin stands for.

This is not meant to be a political post, it’s meant to be a warning against posting fake news here. I understand the outrage some feel, but as a mod I will not stand for this.
We don’t have a parliamentary system here, we vote for individual candidates. The only way to follow Musk’s recommendation if you live in Georgia is to vote for Herschel Walker.
So I guess it depends whether you think recommending someone vote for a candidate is the same as endorsing the candidate. I’m fine with saying Musk recommended people vote for Herschel Walker. If he no longer recommends a vote for him he could just say so (it’s the only race going to a runoff.)

So now we have to start fact-checking what people post here?!? Do I understand correctly and did Elon never directly endorse Herschel Walker? Did he endorse the Republican party for Congress and then someone decided that it’s the same as endorsing the one of 500 candidates whose ideas go the most against Tesla’s mission?

That’s the same as saying that an endorsement of the Democratic party is an endorsement of the coal burning which candidate Joe Manchin stands for.

This is not meant to be a political post, it’s meant to be a warning against posting fake news here. I understand the outrage some feel, but as a mod I will not stand for such nonsense.
For myself, I confess I overstepped and did not check my sources. I apologize.

The plot thickens!
Irrespective of what Elon did or not do, I think it is NOT ok for Semafor to write anything about SBF without mentioning his position in Semafor. When WaPo writes anything about Bezos, they definitely mention his ownership of WaPo.

Did he endorse the Republican party for Congress and then someone decided that it’s the same as endorsing the one of 500 candidates whose ideas go the most against Tesla’s mission?
I know you are not from US ... there were just a handful of competitive Senate races and most definitely Elon is telling that he wants Senate to flip from Dems to GOP.

Oh BTW, I can probably post how almost every one of those 500 candidate's positions go against Tesla's mission.

Just posted Walker's because it is downright funny.

We don’t have a parliamentary system here, we vote for individual candidates. The only way to follow Musk’s recommendation if you live in Georgia is to vote for Herschel Walker.
So I guess it depends whether you think recommending someone vote for a candidate is the same as endorsing the candidate. I’m fine with saying Musk recommended people vote for Herschel Walker. If he no longer recommends a vote for him he could just say so (it’s the only race going to a runoff.)

4D chess, guys. All his political endorsements on Twitter have pretty much failed because he's still a Democrat and doing reverse psychology on the electorate to make Republicans lose.

1. Recommended voting for Republicans in the midterm and the expected red wave failed.
  2. Recommended voting for Caruso for LA mayor and he lost.

3. Voted for Mayra Flores in TX - she won the special election but lost in the midterms.

Not in the article. Atleast I couldn't find it.
781366F8-5351-480E-BD17-F07B53C30DAF.jpeg

Personally I think they should also disclose it at the top and bottom of the article (preferably the top to provide context in advance). Whatever NPR does. I feel like I never miss when NPR mentions it but maybe they just do it in line as well.

Anything else is kind of lame. Should be yelling about anything like this (generally speaking it is no big deal to have such conflicts)! But they DID disclose.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
View attachment 877671

Personally I think they should also disclose it at the top and bottom of the article (preferably the top to provide context in advance). Whatever NPR does. I feel like I never miss when NPR mentions it but maybe they just do it in line as well.
Hearing someone actually speak aloud it hammers it home more. Hard to miss. When it’s just a written note at, say, the end, people can skim past it.

View attachment 877671

Anything else is kind of lame. Should be yelling about it! But they DID disclose.
Right, it is not in the article.

Obviously one shouldn't have to research the entire site ... this kind of obvious conflict should be mentioned within the first couple of paragraphs.

Status
Not open for further replies.