Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TMC = Discussion board. You keep yelling from the sidelines whenever something you don't like is being discussed.
Not yelling and you know it because I’m not the least bit effected, offended or otherwise about anything Elon or Twitter.

Definitely making suggestions, giving other perspectives, offering people a way to not be all upset and angry. But people love being mad, don’t they? People love not taking personal responsibility for how they feel and they definitely love blaming others, don’t they?

Yes, selling to companies is very different from selling to individuals.

You need sellers who go out and talk to customers. Definitely true for products/services - don't have any experience in ad industry.
A proactive business might on their own notice that a certain social media platform is now under new management and that usership is climbing, hiring on, search box functioning now and other changes occurring and simply seek out that new management to find out how they get their business plastered on the platform. 🤷🏻‍ but that’s what I’d do. But then I’m proactive that way, in the same way I don’t do salemen at establishments., I wouldn’t be waiting for said platform to come looking for me to give me the hard sell.

This Tweet is actually false:

The article actually says:

“Bankman-Fried owns a sizable chunk of a now privately held and debt-laden Twitter.”

So there is no ”falsely sound like.” (This is the part of the Tweet that is false.) There’s no implication in the article. It states the above.

It sounds like the article is completely wrong (this statement above is the key piece and the other stuff about prior stakes in Twitter and negotiations on rolling over is just supporting info). We’ll see.

Last edited:

“Bankman-Fried owns a sizable chunk of a now privately held and debt-laden Twitter.”

So there is no ”falsely sound like.” (This is the part of the Tweet that is false.) There’s no implication in the article. It states the above.
Yeah none of that story gybed with Elon’s earlier comments on SBF nor the earlier texts

It closed at 169.91 today.
591B7FB8-EDB6-4602-9554-22F2FFE57A4A.jpeg

Today

It sounds like the article is completely wrong. We’ll see.
I love how these people choose their terms. I’m going to start referring to GM as “debt-laden”.

For example:
Facing years of declining sales and missed EV production targets, Mary Barra, CEO of debt-laden GM said…

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Not yelling and you know it because I’m not the least bit effected, offended or otherwise about anything Elon or Twitter.

Definitely making suggestions, giving other perspectives, offering people a way to not be all upset and angry. But people love being mad, don’t they? People love not taking personal responsibility for how they feel and they definitely love blaming others, don’t they?
So why do you want to stop people from doing what they love?

I love how these people choose their terms. I’m going to start referring to GM as “debt-laden”.
I know nothing about GM, but clearly Twitter is debt-laden. They have $13B or so in debt to service.

This is substantially higher than the debt Twitter had prior to Elon (or the entity) buying them. Elon (or the entity) paid out shareholders a generous $54.20 (thank you Elon, I appreciate it!) and took out a few small loans to do so.

Yeah none of that story gybed with Elon’s earlier comments on SBF nor the earlier texts
This is why some of us, ok, me, are just standing here with their mouths agape, wondering what in the world could cause anyone to buy Twitter.

So this Ben guy is a media editor, probably basically PR, for this online publication semapor. The article in question, which is a shiny object that Elon could not resist apparently, was not like pro Bankman-Fried/Anti Musk --- like any reporting, the reporter had gotten ahold of some documents first from Elon's Delaware Twitter litigation and second from FTX's bankruptcy filing. FTX, whether accurate or not, apparently listed, as a bankruptcy asset, "illiquid" twitter shares.

Why in the world Musk would feel a need to respond to this is simply beyond me. If a response was needed (let's say it relevant who the other private owners of Twitter are) why one would reply via a Tweet is mind blowing to me.

One of the benefits of being a billionaire owner of several companies is that you can have people handle all of this for you. I get why "Ben" has to use Twitter, he is an unknown guy on a little know e publication. Why Elon feels a need to use it, let alone buy it .... ugh.

It sounds like the article is completely wrong (this statement above is the key piece and the other stuff about prior stakes in Twitter and negotiations on rolling over is just supporting info). We’ll see.
The tweet is also false because not all public holders of Twitter were allowed to roll over their shares. Elon said “no randos” and there is limit to how many people can own a private company (not sure if being an accredited investor is also required.)

search box functioning now

I regret to inform you that searching for elonmusk doesn’t show you all of his tweets, still. Even if you go to Tweets & Replies.

It’s very sad, you have to use (from:elonmusk). That works great. And it is important to not leave a space after the “:”. Otherwise it doesn’t work.

I have faith in Geohot though.

false because not all public holders of Twitter were allowed to roll over their shares
Thanks, I noticed that and was confused by the statement, but failed to mention it. I did not choose to roll over my shares so I was not sure of the truth in it, though figured it was false, since no one ever gave me the option.

One thing I don't like about Elon's response is that he is assuming that there's some connection between SBF and the reporter. I don't know if there is or isn't, but that isn't the only possible explanation for the reporting; could also be just a rush to report and not checking facts (wouldn't be the first time that happened). Assuming that there must be some nefarious connection between the two reminds me of the whole "just asking questions" thing and how that can go down some rabbit holes, and really isn't an argument in good faith.

Note: I'm not making a statement as to whether the reporting is correct or not, just making a note about Elon's response.

Status
Not open for further replies.