Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I don't like about Elon's response is that he is assuming that there's some connection between SBF and the reporter. I don't know if there is or isn't, but that isn't the only possible explanation for the reporting; could also be just a rush to report and not checking facts (wouldn't be the first time that happened). Assuming that there must be some nefarious connection between the two reminds me of the whole "just asking questions" thing and how that can go down some rabbit holes, and really isn't an argument in good faith.

Note: I'm not making a statement as to whether the reporting is correct or not, just making a note about Elon's response.

Elon seems to be in an emotional-mode with his Twitter adventure. He consistently misses the chance to do the calm smart thing, and instead literally threatens his advertisers in public, and shines a big spotlight on things like the SBF deal when all it needed was a "nope, so such shares. Ever".

And to me, this pattern emphasizes that taking over Twitter isn't a master plan, or a smart business move - it's personal. It's revenge on those he feel wronged him or are his new tribal allies. It's what makes him completely discard foundational promises and plans like making Twitter be about truly free and open speech (ban ban ban), moderated by an independent highly respected council which would handle any major reinstatements (or... not).

I really wish we could get him back on the good meds, and back to doing what he's great at with TSLA and Space-X. That seems unlikely, so I'll root for the appointment of a highly qualified new TSLA CEO. I figure there'd be an initial hit to TSLA reputation with it's leader off elsewhere, but TSLA is in position where a competent CEO could guide it into relentless profits without distractions in his way.

I don't know if there is or isn't, but that isn't the only possible explanation for the reporting; could also be just a rush to report and not checking facts (wouldn't be the first time that happened). Assuming that there must be some nefarious connection between the two reminds me of the whole "just asking questions" thing and how that can go down some rabbit holes, and really isn't an argument in good faith.

There are multiple possibilities - but Elon (with the help of Omar) is saying its all a planned thing to take on Elon for attacking SBM ... Bizarre.

IMO ... Semaphor, like Buzzfeed before, is basically an "investigative" journalism site. They search all this stuff and write up stories. That is their primary objective .... and way of making money. Both Elon & SBM are in the news .... so obviously they found some link and reported, esp. because Elon has tweeted about SBM quite a bit.

Seriously, Elon seems to be conspiracy minded (all the time). The fact that the entire Twitter seems to be against him makes further reinforces this (apart from continuous critical Tesla articles in the media).

There are multiple possibilities - but Elon (with the help of Omar) is saying its all a planned thing to take on Elon for attacking SBM ... Bizarre.

IMO ... Semaphor, like Buzzfeed before, is basically an "investigative" journalism site. They search all this stuff and write up stories. That is their primary objective .... and way of making money. Both Elon & SBM are in the news .... so obviously they found some link and reported, esp. because Elon has tweeted about SBM quite a bit.

Seriously, Elon seems to be conspiracy minded (all the time). The fact that the entire Twitter seems to be against him makes further reinforces this (apart from continuous critical Tesla articles in the media).
Decades of people writing fake news about Tesla will do that to a man. Also there are plenty of fake news attacking him even more so today so he feels like they must have been bought by someone.

I actually put more weight on people attacking Elon being more fake than say all those hedge funds trying to destroy Tsla or everytime stocks go down it's big oil shorting. Like the airplane stewardess and how Elon was having an affair with his friend's wife...all pure nonsense.

While it’s true elon could have handled it better and was off his meds to suggest SBF “owned” this reporter somehow, it does look like she made a pretty classic and serious mistake by looking at various …let’s call them documents …. That seemed to strongly suggest something but by themselves werent fleshed out and reliable enough to be sole basis of a story.
She needed actual humans with direct knowledge of what was actually going on to explain things to her.
Without that, no matter how sexy, you don’t run with it.

While it’s true elon could have handled it better and was off his meds to suggest SBF “owned” this reporter somehow, it does look like she made a pretty classic and serious mistake by looking at various …let’s call them documents …. That seemed to strongly suggest something but by themselves werent fleshed out and reliable enough to be sole basis of a story.
She needed actual humans with direct knowledge of what was actually going on to explain things to her.
Without that, no matter how sexy, you don’t run with it.
It seems quite possible that it is a plot by SBF to embarrass Elon. Where else would she have gotten those texts? And it shows that Elon was hiding texts from the court (something he was already caught doing earlier.)
Also possible that Elon didn’t actually keep track of who all the investors are. $100 million is chump change.

It seems quite possible that it is a plot by SBF to embarrass Elon. Where else would she have gotten those texts? And it shows that Elon was hiding texts from the court (something he was already caught doing earlier.)
Also possible that Elon didn’t actually keep track of who all the investors are. $100 million is chump change.
The last thing sure? I guess I’d buy Elon losing track. But he’s fjatlycsaying it isn’t true and sounds sure of himself.
….plot though? Yeah if you consider plot to be solely on SBF’s part, feeding stuff to the reporter. He would.
The reporter plotting to “go after” Elon with an intentionally inaccurate report, though….no, more likely just a dumb mistake to trust the info.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
The last thing sure? I guess I’d buy Elon losing track. But he’s fjatlycsaying it isn’t true and sounds sure of himself.
….plot though? Yeah if you consider plot to be solely on SBF’s part, feeding stuff to the reporter. He would.
The reporter plotting to “go after” Elon with an intentionally inaccurate report, though….no, more likely just a dumb mistake to trust the info.
Yeah, I don’t think it’s intentional on the part of the reporter.
SBF doesn’t seem like some sort of mastermind though and it’s really not much of an “own” anyway.
The most entertaining outcome is it turns out to be true and SBF is forced to sell his share and it results in a whole lot more press about the decline (or increase?) in the value of Twitter.

Everyone is going after Elon with any kind of reports because he's hot right now. Write trash about him and it sells. Is the reporter purposely digging dirt on Elon? Yes most likely, as well as everyone else scrambling to do right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.