Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Only" was in fact the correct word, because I said Tesla and Genesis were the only brands that had increased CA sales in Q3, not the only models.

Ford overall was down in Q3 in CA like everyone else.

Ahh, back to looking at statistics I see.

You're still wrong, but you choose whatever number to make your case better and admit that at least:

"Lucid delivered 1,398 vehicles from July to September, more than twice as many as in Q2. Lucid produced 2,282 units of its only Air model so far in the third quarter, a threefold"

"Only" was in fact the correct word, because I said Tesla and Genesis were the only brands that had increased CA sales in Q3, not the only models.

Ford overall was down in Q3 in CA like everyone else.

Many EV options but non attainable or even attractive like a Tesla….

Now you have many more options with better Tech than a Tesla. The Genesis blows the Model Y and 3 out of the water in Tech… Face Recognition to open and start it? Shhheeeesssshhhh

On a serious note, in Southern California there are many more Mach-Es, EV6s and Ioniqs around, slowly catching up….

• Funny
Reactions: bkp_duke
No woke has gone wild imo. Like why are all the characters in our movies gay? Why instead of making a new compelling black princess but instead made Aerial black? Who asked for this? Do gay characters being gay advance the story ? Even Michael Bay's poor attempt at appeasing the Chinese actually has something to do with the story in his transformer movies.

Honestly all of this woke crap sprinkled into movies and TV shows has became as cringe as movie product placements. It's corporate America pretending to care but the lack of effort of incorporating diversity is pretty apparent. It's literally what white straight people think what minority and gays want which is totally not true. Social justice warriors gone wrong.
Just because you feel threatened by all that doesn't make it "woke". Unless you are just using the term to represent things that you personally dislike.

No woke has gone wild imo. Like why are all the characters in our movies gay? Why instead of making a new compelling black princess but instead made Aerial black? Who asked for this? Do gay characters being gay advance the story ? Even Michael Bay's poor attempt at appeasing the Chinese actually has something to do with the story in his transformer movies.

Honestly all of this woke crap sprinkled into movies and TV shows has became as cringe as movie product placements. It's corporate America pretending to care but the lack of effort of incorporating diversity is pretty apparent. It's literally what white straight people think what minority and gays want which is totally not true. Social justice warriors gone wrong.

Agreed 100%…..

Yet, like Twitter, people still flock to see these shows and movies….

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Because honestly, there hasn't really been ANY choice I feel the last two years. Some SUVs just showed up recently this year like the Ioniq 5, Mach-E and they can't make enough of them. For both those cars, a lot of marked up and all sold. Gas is also extremely expensive in CA. We all know that who live here.

I'd say in 5 years, the market will be very different. Unlike Europe nor China we don't get a lot of EV cars that American's want to buy honestly. Americans simply don't want small vehicles like the Bolt nor Leaf. That was pretty much it.

I personally think Tesla market share can't help but go down.
What?? Fully electric vehicles have 16% market share in California in 2022 and the state has had many EV options for many years. Almost every EV model available anywhere in the world is available in California, if we exclude the Chinese models which of course are only sold domestically. Even the EVs that have been on the market for 5 years like the Model 3 have not seen skyrocketing sales like the Model 3 has. Also, Tesla is going to make more models too, so it's not like they're going to stand still and keep making S3XY only forever.

The fact that the alternatives are inferior to Teslas for what most buyers are looking for is the point. The fact that competitors either can't or won't supply more compelling EVs in higher volumes is the other point, because it should tell you something about either their level of commitment to transitioning or their competence at doing so. The writing was on the wall 5 years ago if not earlier.

Last edited:
It’s so sad really, Tesla = MAGA …… thanks Musk

Couldn't find Morning Consult's data, but Fred's claim that "Another survey from YouGov shows that Tesla’s popularity has been going down over the last year and recently dipped below 50%" is wrong and also misleading. the full picture shows Tesla's brand popularity oscillates around 45%~55%, highest is 55% in Q1 2021 and 54% in Q3 2021, lowest is 45% in Q4 2021. Q3 2022's 49% is the same as the popularity in Q3 2020 and about average, it's nothing unexpected.

Oh I get it now. So having some people in a movie that are Gay is woke. Do gay characters take away from the story? I mean if gayness isnt the point of the movie why should any of the characters be gay. Now do this with black people, latin american people, asian people. I mean default should be white and straight and only have people of other persuasions if it is specifically for the movie.

Last edited:
Usually wrong to use "only":

"After selling 10,941 units of the Ford Mustang Mach-E during Q2, The Blue Oval has moved a grand total of 28,088 of its EV crossover through the end of Q3. That’s still considerably less than the Model Y at 156,455 units and the Model 3, which Tesla sold 144,081 copies of, but the Mach-E beat out every other EV on the market."

Yes, Tesla dominates everything so far still...As for the why, there is still limited choices so far. Maybe when Blazer EV and others show up. There is also limited supply. When I looked at the Mach-e, most/all dealers want a markup sadly and they seem to be getting them with low supply. I assume it's better now though.
I ordered my Mach-e Premium February, took delivery in October. Fortunately that beat a $6500 price hike for that trim.

Oh I get it now. So having some people in a movie that are Gay is woke. Do gay characters take away from the story. I mean if gayness isnt the point of the movie why should any of the characters be gay. Now do this with black people, latin american people, asian people. I mean default should be white and straight and only have people of other persuasions if it is specifically for the movie.
C'mon, wouldn't you have rather seen The Wire without Omar? The show would have been so wholesome.

Reactions: mach-edriver
Oh I get it now. So having some people in a movie that are Gay is woke. Do gay characters take away from the story. I mean if gayness isnt the point of the movie why should any of the characters be gay. Now do this with black people, latin american people, asian people. I mean default should be white and straight and only have people of other persuasions if it is specifically for the movie.
It is a default position by MAGA types that there are entirely too many commercials with blacks in them. (Don’t even mention mixed couples or gay couples!)

You don't get it. It's what I wrote in my post. It's white people being lazy at incorporating diversity. They make Aerial black and then pat themselves on the back to celebrate as if they solved systemic racism. My beef is instead if making Aerial black, why not make an entire new princess black, show a story about diversity using such protagonist and make her be in the history books? Yeah sounds like too much effort.

You just proved my point. How does any of this actually impact your life, and why do you need to exaggerate the effects? (No, not all movie characters are gay). You're being whipped into a frenzy over meaningless things which don't change your quality of life in any significant way. There are plenty of movies without gay characters if that really bothers you.

Status
Not open for further replies.