Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You just proved my point. How does any of this actually impact your life, and why do you need to exaggerate the effects? (No, not all movie characters are gay). You're being whipped into a frenzy over meaningless things which don't change your quality of life in any significant way. There are plenty of movies without gay characters if that really bothers you.
Oh, the irony -

My thoughts on why he's doing this

1. The general populace isn't very analytical when it comes to politics. Don't have time to think of the second order consequences of the beliefs they are taught (young AND old, left AND right), so what discourse is allowed is inevitably decides policy ->

2. There's lots of societal decay in institutions and cities, a lot of it happening because of the discourse monopoly of the left. Ideally the weaknesses of the left and right balance each other out, and we get balanced sensible policies, but a lot of our federal policies + local policies are dictated by the left leaning policies because the right's thoughts never get discussed. Elon sees this as existential because it restricts individual freedom, and brainwashes people who to think exceptional performers like Elon are evil and need to be taxed. ->

3. In Elon's mind, unless he fixes this, SpaceX and Tesla will be destroyed anyways by left politics anyways, so this issue is priority

Are you nuts? (sorry, reading your post gave me that instant reaction). Sorta like in all those youtube videos in Russia about "I have no comments on that (they can't even say war)), no one comments and takes a political stance in china because people simply can't (if they don't want to be in jail).

Edit: Please reread your post again honestly. I guess no one complained during Tianemen square, no one complained in Hong Kong, no one left HK for Canada/UK/etc recently.

People also don't complain in China because if you do, you simply disappear. I agree with you on some of your points, but stating that China has it so great and everyone is so productive because they have to work in bad conditions just shows how great a lot of folks in America has it. Most immigrants coming from war-torn nations will certainly work harder than what you called woke folks because folks want to also improve their lives in America, but what you're spouting off sounds just so entitled or priviledged to me.

The way you talk makes it sound like o, slavery, people don't complain about it because anyone who did died or were killed. Slaves are so productive since we only have to feed them and even then, it's minimal food/water. American workers are crap because they want a basic living wage....so woke, so bad of Americans...(that's what you sound like to me).

China has made billionaires less wealthy or simply locked anyone who complains so this is just a bad position to stand on I feel.
Just wanted to share something i learned on a tour to China A while ago.
Our tour guide told us that the best jobs in China are the ones working for the Chinese army. Those positions pay well, no layoffs and having good retirement pension. I don’t know if that is true. This certainly explains how the government can control the population by buying the loyalty of the army!
I don’t think I will ever go back to China even though I would really like to see those terracotta army!

No woke has gone wild imo. Like why are all the characters in our movies gay? Why instead of making a new compelling black princess but instead made Aerial black? Who asked for this? Do gay characters being gay advance the story ? Even Michael Bay's poor attempt at appeasing the Chinese actually has something to do with the story in his transformer movies.

Honestly all of this woke crap sprinkled into movies and TV shows has became as cringe as movie product placements. It's corporate America pretending to care but the lack of effort of incorporating diversity is pretty apparent. It's literally what white straight people think what minority and gays want which is totally not true. Social justice warriors gone wrong.

This is a whopper of a post.

"Why are all the characters in our moves gay?" They're...not. Have you watched literally any movies or are you just repeating Fox News talking points?
"Why instead of making a new compelling black princess but instead made Aerial black?" Characters and movies are remade all the time. You're drawing the line in the sand that Ariel - a cartoon mermaid - has to be white for eternity? Think about what you're complaining about here.
"Who asked for this?" Representation matters. I don't know what else to tell you.
"Do gay characters being gay advance the story?" I mean, yes. Do characters being straight advance the story?

"It's literally what white straight people think what minority and gays want which is totally not true." So you've polled gay people on what they want in television and movies?

Last edited:
I wish people would separate politics and everything else in life. It's crazy to be so ungrateful to Elon just because he thinks different in one facet of life from you. People need to relax. Often in history the minority thinker was right although it seemed unfathomable at the time to the masses like Galileo and Socrates

Michael Jordan once said, "Republicans buy shoes too" when asked about his playing nice/catering to people of all political stripes.

Elon seems hellbent on "owning the libs," despite the fact that almost all people right of center do not see the need to do anything (like, say, buy an EV) to alleviate the impacts of climate change.

From what I'm hearing from y'all who have been following Elon's Twitter and political stuff much more closely than I have been, Q3 is when the mind-losing and crazy tweeting intensified and became more frequent, correct? And it was much worse in Q1 and Q2 than in previous years, right? It just keeps getting worse?

So, if it matters so much, why do the sales and prices keep rising so quickly even as this has been occurring?

Or, if the argument is that it hasn't mattered much yet but will be greatly impactful in the future, then when do you suppose that will that happen and why hasn't it happened already?
The issue has exploded in the last week, arguably in recent days, which is why this thread exploded.

You may be right in your description of this scientist, or not, but why do you fry Elon for it?

Do you think this man should be silenced, like Twitter did? Who gets to make that decision? Who gets to decide where science ends and fraud or quackery begins? Twitter for sure can't make that decision, it lacks the required knowledge. Other scientists seem to have that knowledge, but who checks whether they themselves are right or wrong? And which right do they have to silence a peer?

You may think the man is a 'clown', but he may think the opposite. Science has not made progress by silencing people with dissenting opinions. Science can only make progress through the exchange of arguments and counterarguments. There should be a place where all sides can express themselves. Elon wants Twitter to be that place.
Indeed. A few quotes come to mind supporting your post:

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." --Richard Feynman
"Those who make peaceful resolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned." --Richard Feynman
"The great lesson of history is that knowledge develops through the conflict of viewpoints." --Walter Gilbert, Nobel Prize 1980, Chemistry

please familiarize yourself on *when* and *why* most (not all) confederate monuments were erected... hint: it was DECADES after the war and some even as late as 1950s as a statement against de-segregation...
Bigotry wrapped in “well meaning” is still bigotry. That’s what woke is. That’s what EM is fighting.

I’m aware. Perhaps in alignment (first past the post) this is true but my own experience says closer to purple generally.
Travis (Austin) - 71% Biden / 26% Trump
Dallas (Dallas) - 65% Biden / 33% Trump
Harris is closer with 56% Biden / 43% Trump

the only big county = purple would be Tarrant County (Fort Worth) which Biden flipped for the first time since LBJ (!) ...

Yes. That is, sort of, what I am saying.

The fact is that sales were good and are now better than ever in the entire history of Tesla, and this is, perhaps surprisingly, most true in markets with the highest concentrations of people who disagree with Elon's recent political statements and how he's handling the Twitter acquisition. This has continued every quarter this entire time, except in Q1 2020 when the Fremont factory was not operational.

In Q3, Tesla and Genesis the only brands in California with increased sales relative to Q2. Genesis is a tiny brand so let's set them aside. The bottom line is that Tesla's sales went up while every other major car company's sales went down. Tesla also did not reduce their prices in California during this time and has no dealerships they can temporarily pack with inventory, so the signal is clear and unambiguous. The only part we don't know is just how long the backlog is and what the current daily net order flow is. Other car companies say they had trouble in Q3 with supply challenges, so that was a big factor, but we also didn't see large price spikes for them in Q3 which calls into question just how much the supply excuse is actually the dominant factor in reality.

From what I'm hearing from y'all who have been following Elon's Twitter and political stuff much more closely than I have been, Q3 is when the mind-losing and crazy tweeting intensified and became more frequent, correct? And it was much worse in Q1 and Q2 than in previous years, right? It just keeps getting worse?

So, if it matters so much, why do the sales and prices keep rising so quickly even as this has been occurring?

Or, if the argument is that it hasn't mattered much yet but will be greatly impactful in the future, then when do you suppose that will that happen and why hasn't it happened already?

Why does Tesla currently have somewhere around 20-40% new vehicle market share in the greater San Francisco area which is probably the single-most leftist part of the entire country? Why is this also the case in the Los Angeles and Seattle metro areas, which are also heavily leftist by American standards?

It seems to me that the sales and price data already conclusively demonstrates that the "Tesla can't achieve mass-market sales with Elon's politics" hypothesis is false, because it's literally already happening.
It’s pretty difficult timing a product’s or a company’s downturn in real-time, but the line from Hemingway comes to mind:

“How did you go bankrupt? Two ways. Gradually, then suddenly.”

I don’t for a moment expect Tesla to literally go bankrupt, I’m merely saying that the impact of Twitter Musk is yet to be felt. Up until ownership he was merely an outspoken billionaire. Now he is a full-fledged political character.

Accumulated ill will might take a couple quarters to fully impact sales.

What's trending on Twitter right now...
Screenshot 2022-12-12 at 3.17.00 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.