Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting analysis following Elon Musk comment regarding Lucid's future:

Basically, looking at the numbers and cash flow, Lucid and Rivian could survive one year or so, if there is no recession.

However, both get supports from the Saudis and Amazon, respectivelly.

And also both have good products, but the luxury market is limited and saturated (Audi, BMW, MB EQC, Polestar, Porsche, Tesla S/X ...).

The only long term survival approach would be to produce a more popular vehicle (such as Lucid Gravity, and Rivian R2T/S).

I hope Twitter leaves Cali, it’s just super embarrassing at this point.

The BIG, SUPER HUGE, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT news is that the FBI has had routine communication to Twitter, Facebook, etc since 2016. And they requested that these sites take down misinformation. And due to apparent lack of humor (so so strange for the FBI) they sometimes can’t tell if some posts are satire.

HOW WILL WE SURVIVE?????

Time for Musk to sell more stocks?

Twitter stiffs software vendor with $8 million left on contract, lawsuit says

In May, a few weeks after Musk struck a deal to buy Twitter, the company notified Imply Data that it would not renew the contract again but "acknowledged the License agreement would 'continue in full force and effect' until the end of its term on September 30, 2024," the lawsuit said.

Payments stopped after Musk took over

Twitter continued making quarterly payments on the contract until Musk completed the purchase in late October. "However, shortly after Musk's purchase of Twitter closed, Twitter refused to pay the outstanding quarterly invoice, which was due on November 30, 2022, and Twitter disclaimed any obligation to pay any future invoices from Imply, despite the unambiguous language in the software license and service agreement requiring Twitter to do so," the lawsuit said.

I don't see how any external companies or even staff can/would want to work there if they may not pay you. I suppose as staff, you'd only lose out on 2 weeks of pay, but does Twitter accrue vacation time/pay?

Maybe this won't happen at his other companies, but I'd be concerned if I was a supplier to those other companies as well.

Oh well, just let the lawsuits fly and see how that plays out.

Last edited:
That's easy. Elon's not even close to 183 days.

And mark my words - Twitter will be leaving Cali.

I'm in agreement they will probably leave CA, makes me wonder what all the folks slaving away there think of that very likely possibility?

If you bought a home in CA years ago, you're still up a ton in equity with locked in CA Prop 13 property taxes. TX housing is cheap, but property tax goes up every year as prices go up there. Property pretty much doesn't appreciate neither there at all.

It's also hard to give up on a low locked in mortgage from a while back as well. I refied last year for solar at sub 3%. Not getting that now for sure and good luck trying to tell Elon you're going to remote work in CA :)

Euronews: UN slams Twitter's move to ban journalists as EU threatens sanctions.

The United Nations and the European Union have condemned Twitter's decision to suspend several journalists covering the social media platform and its new owner Elon Musk.

Under the new EU rules, Big Tech companies would have to explain to European users why their accounts were suspended and give them a chance to challenge the decision.

Violations could result in hefty fines of up to 6 per cent of global annual revenue, and repeat offenses could even result in a Europe-wide operating ban.

Unfortunately my fear is that otherwise kind, intelligent people are acting on genuine emotion (coming from a good place) prompted by targeted misdirection by bad actors.
Hmmm, you mean like Elon?

Interesting analysis following Elon Musk comment regarding Lucid's future:

Basically, looking at the numbers and cash flow, Lucid and Rivian could survive one year or so, if there is no recession.

However, both get supports from the Saudis and Amazon, respectivelly.

And also both have good products, but the luxury market is limited and saturated (Audi, BMW, MB EQC, Polestar, Porsche, Tesla S/X ...).

The only long term survival approach would be to produce a more popular vehicle (such as Lucid Gravity, and Rivian R2T/S).
I think Rivian has a much better chance than Lucid of making it - lots of people want trucks and SUVs and theirs are pretty good. They need to focus on ramping up production and bringing down costs and then I think they'll do just fine. I'd love an R1S, but want one that costs no more than a Model Y. I think it could be done in a few years.

Clearly you have no experience in how this actually works.

His CPA will keep tabs on the # of days worked in Cali. Then YEARS later when he sells shares / exercises options, an appropriate and proportional check will be cut the the FTB. Elon knows this and is aware of it. It is all handled by his accountant, and there is nothing Elon himself has to do.
I don't see why that should even be an issue for Musk? Doesn't he spend at least 40hrs/week in Tesla's office in Austin like other employees at Tesla?

Reactions: Simavon
I'm not sure why he thought he could get away with such a blatant lie. Internet sleuths will always call you out especially if you are that high profile of a person.
Martin Tripp. Remeber the phonecall. Wanted to „blow it all up“. Never found the culprit or proof.

Here’s for freshening up the deja vu:

Last edited:
It's really time for the board of Tesla to find a new CEO. Actually it's passed time for them to do so. It's becoming very clear that Elon's new mission in life is to become idolized, silence anyone that is critical of him, and ultimately destroy Twitter. How about we get someone who can focus on quality, customer service and taking Tesla to the next level.
As I said. Funds are lawyering up. It’s time to get to the core of the drama.

pretty good summary
Biased article.

1) Article includes infamous photo bombing by Maxwell at "2014 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Hosted By Graydon Carter" ie Grayden Carter probably invited her.
From wiki
Edward Graydon Carter, CM (born July 14, 1949) is a Canadian journalist who served as the editor of Vanity Fair from 1992 until 2017. He also co-founded, with Kurt Andersen and Tom Phillips, the satirical monthly magazine Spy in 1986. In 2019, he launched a new weekly newsletter called Air Mail, which is for "worldly cosmopolitans"

2) Article doesn't adhere to journalistic ethics

3) Two sides arguing about policies & safety. Not enough information to draw definitive conclusions.

It definitely is a very dominant player in its specific industry.

But thats not the issue - there are specific rules all the "platforms" have to follow. When they don't they can be hauled before the Congress, just like DOJ can start investigations.

I see a lot of comments where people say "its a private company, it can do whatever it wants". NO, it can't. We are not in a Laissez-faire dystopia. They have to follow the laws of the land. If they censor willy-nilly, they lose protections under section 230.

Let’s see. Elon, Twitter, Hunter Biden’s laptop, a few Hunter pics, James Woods.... all at the center of a long-drawn-out, high-profile circus-like “investigation” by a GOP committee featuring I dunno, Marjorie Taylor Greene.
What could possibly go wrong for TSLA and the brand?

A months-long version of the excruciating nothingburger files, only rendered in lurid, Avatar-like 4D. And with a lot more lizards.

Same here, just wish it’d have done so before Elon bought it.
No one forced him to over pay (he just HAD to slip in a 420 reference. Because that’s so new and hip to use and with no due diligence research) for a company that was already on the decline and that NO ONE else was trying to buy. And that had nothing to do with getting to Mars/sustainable energy goals.

DUMB move

With all the sales this year, I think we're actually looking at next April 2023 :)

If he picked his shares correctly, he will actually have a LOSS on the shares sold this year (they were all sold at prices lower than the options prices he exercised in 2021). So he will have some tax losses he can carry forward to next year, or use to offset other gains (i.e. if he sold SpaceX shares, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.