Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve got another Tesla on order and I’ve got to be honest I’m finding it hard to continue with the order. I don’t want to be seen as supporting Elon or endorsing him.

I’m ready for someone else to take the lead.
Elon is not Tesla. I get the personification. But there are many thousands of people responsible for the success of the company. As noted in a different thread, 41% of shares are owned by institutional investors, and Elon doesn’t own the remainder, so he doesn’t own it either. It is possible to like the car, and the company and not like Elon. Or not like his espoused views.

Personally, I fall into the last category, but I see him modulating his views. Regardless, I am not judging Tesla and my ownership of the vehicle based solely on Elon. Teslas are awesome cars. Super fun to drive, super safe, and with the best charging network available. I love that I don’t have to buy gas, or take the car in for an engine tune-up, change the oil. I love that I get new features Over the Air. I have had one for 7 years (on my second), and none of that has worn off.

I plan on continuing to own one for as long as it remains a great car.

I was looking for this. I think it represents Elon and what’s happened.

89BDDA32-E0D4-450C-B18A-0C0B131A4A91.jpeg

Some coworkers were talking in the office last week and one who owns a Tesla said "I like my car but I'm kind of embarrassed to say I own a Tesla now because of everything Elon keeps saying. Our next car will be something else."
Where I live, I still feel like Tesla for now, and for a while yet, will be the only option for an EV for me. And I DO like the car. If the non Tesla charging network was a LOT better, and covered as well the intermountain areas I drive (Tesla's network is barely good enough at this point, IMO) I would consider one. But for now, I will stick with it. But my hopes for Tesla's bright future have dimmed a bit due to the distractions and impact on sales that looks to be developing.

Elon is not Tesla. I get the personification. But there are many thousands of people responsible for the success of the company. As noted in a different thread, 41% of shares are owned by institutional investors, and Elon doesn’t own the remainder, so he doesn’t own it either. It is possible to like the car, and the company and not like Elon. Or not like his espoused views.

Personally, I fall into the last category, but I see him modulating his views. Regardless, I am not judging Tesla and my ownership of the vehicle based solely on Elon. Teslas are awesome cars. Super fun to drive, super safe, and with the best charging network available. I love that I don’t have to buy gas, or take the car in for an engine tune-up, change the oil. I love that I get new features Over the Air. I have had one for 7 years (on my second), and none of that has worn off.

I plan on continuing to own one for as long as it remains a great car.

We need a poll. Maybe Elon should do one.
Is Elon = Tesla? I've always felt he is/was.

I think the problem is people have an issue with supporting, making a person richer/more successful when you might be completely against everything they stand/stood for. Everyone is different and you can keep supporting Tesla/him (debatable by you), but everyone has their own views/opinions even if you don't agree with them.

Elon owns more Tesla stock (probably even after his recent sales I assume) than Zuck and I think most people would relate Meta/Facebook is Zuck. Course, Zuck got that 10 votes to 1 stock power.

"Elon Musk owns 193.3 million Tesla shares, representing 20.7% of total shares outstanding, according to a 13G filing for the period ending December 31, 2019."

"Zuckerberg owns roughly 13% of Meta stocks, Bloomberg notes."

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
We need a poll. Maybe Elon should do one.
Is Elon = Tesla? I've always felt he is/was.

I think the problem is people have an issue with supporting, making a person richer/more successful when you might be completely against everything they stand/stood for. Everyone is different and you can keep supporting Tesla/him (debatable by you), but everyone has their own views/opinions even if you don't agree with them.

Elon owns more Tesla stock (probably even after his recent sales I assume) than Zuck and I think most people would relate Meta/Facebook is Zuck. Course, Zuck got that 10 votes to 1 stock power.

"Elon Musk owns 193.3 million Tesla shares, representing 20.7% of total shares outstanding, according to a 13G filing for the period ending December 31, 2019."

"Zuckerberg owns roughly 13% of Meta stocks, Bloomberg notes."

Elon’s ownership is down to around 13% after his sales IIRC.

Reactions: Gray Man
Mr Musk has 122 million followers. I don't believe I'm going out on a shaky limb by believing well over 99% of those - that is, the ones that are human - have been following at least peripherally much of the prior weeks' events and effectively all also were aware of this poll. So why were there only 17-odd million votes? And can it possibly be that no one else has so commented - not just on TMC (I am adamant in declaring there has been no such mention), but anywhere else?

Mr Musk has 122 million followers. I don't believe I'm going out on a shaky limb by believing well over 99% of those - that is, the ones that are human - have been following at least peripherally much of the prior weeks' events and effectively all also were aware of this poll. So why were there only 17-odd million votes? And can it possibly be that no one else has so commented - not just on TMC (I am adamant in declaring there has been no such mention), but anywhere else?
We are still waiting for the absentee polling. It might take a few weeks.

The poll only ran 12 hours. And I think was posted at 4:20 pm CA time....

So if you happened to not check twitter that evening in the US, it was over by the time you woke up. If you lived anywhere in Europe you might already have BEEN asleep when it was posted so if you didn't see it in the first few hours after waking you missed the chance to vote then too.

Pretty much nobody but eastern Asia and Australia were timed to where most folks there would be awake for the whole poll length.

I know some folks live on twitter, but I think that might not be typical.

The poll only ran 12 hours. And I think was posted at 4:20 pm CA time....

So if you happened to not check twitter that evening in the US, it was over by the time you woke up. If you lived anywhere in Europe you might already have BEEN asleep when it was posted so if you didn't see it in the first few hours after waking you missed the chance to vote then too.

Pretty much nobody but eastern Asia and Australia were timed to where most folks there would be awake for the whole poll length.

I know some folks live on twitter, but I think that might not be typical.
That limb of mine just got a bit shakier, I see. But when is Canada Time? Must be somewhere east of PST/PDT.... 🤣

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Status
Not open for further replies.