Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Second: Go after the misinformation. Wanna have a rational discussion? Let it be fact based.
We have moved away from being fact based. Any bit of info can have doubts flung at it and a few people will believe it. Sadly, my moms the perfect example since my dad passed.

Flat earthers from around the globe agree.

Wow, that sure escalated quickly.

Last night at 11:11PM Elon officially crossed what experts refer to as "the Kanye threshold", the point beyond which, no human can ever re-integrate with society.

Twitter will be fine. It'll get consolidated into TikTok and by this time next year, people will just laughingly reminisce about "that time when the crazy man briefly took over."

Tesla will not be fine. Simply rebranding the American icon as a Chinese company "under new management" will not be enough to remove the stain of Elon's legacy. Look no further than this thread to see countless examples of people still associating Ford and VW with Nazis nearly 100 years later.

I believe that Tesla's technology is now more valuable without the "Tesla" name association. I expect that within 5 years the company will be fully absorbed into Changan, Geely, SAIC, or one of the many other automotive giants and the Tesla name will be dissolved.

1672264241865.png

Nope. Quite simply show us the left extremists. I can go through Congress and spew off right wing extremists by the bucketful, even centrists fear the extremists will primary them. Cant do the same with left. Simply put extreme left is what QAnon believing right should be.

I am no fan of the far right, but I am sure if you use the word "leftist" widely enough you'll be able to find militant wiccans or vaguely antifa-like anarchists who advocate illegal stuff. It exists on both sides, and I advocate stamping it out regardless of which specific direction the extremism is in, which is happily an uniform and unbiased policy even if it hits certain mis-behaving groups more often due to their level of mis-behavior

We have moved away from being fact based. Any bit of info can have doubts flung at it and a few people will believe it. Sadly, my moms the perfect example since my dad passed.

Flat earthers from around the globe agree.

And I, personally, think the flat-earthers and their kin are a plague on the intelligence of reasoning power of humanity which are worthy of being fought, hence the item being on my list of what Elon SHOULD be doing in the name of using Twitter to advance the human race vs making it his personal political vendetta and conspiracy tool

I mean, just imagine if Elon had bought Twitter and instead of re-instating the conspiracy lunatics, racists and nazi's while banning reporters who dared to simply criticize him, he'd done something like this:

"Today, I've assumed ownership of Twitter, and I want to make it a place filled with honesty, integrity, and yes - decorum. I know I've talked a lot about free speech, but this is a private platform and I'm not the government so if you want to rant about your racist views feel free to do that on the nearest street corner. On the new Twitter, we will be implementing a hybrid of human and AI moderation which will enforce simple, open, clear standards of behavior. No personal attacks. Period. You get a couple of warnings, and then you're gone. If you can't make your point without screaming obscenities, you don't get to use my megaphone. Second, be factual. If you post conspiracy nonsense, expect to have it immediately flagged and the actual truth post-pended. If you do it as a regular course of business, you get banned - again my megaphone - you can hand out flyers about how the earth is flat on your local street corner as much as you like. Humanity deserves better, in fact it needs better and I plan to help out with this one platform. If I'm wrong, competing platforms that embrace hate and false information can overtake me. I think there's more people who'd rather not hear rants about jewish space lasers than who do want to."

"This journey will not be easy. Mistakes will be made. I encourage you to come along if you believe in where we're trying to take Twitter, and if you disagree that's ok, you can still listen on Twitter and post on any one of thousands of other platforms. At all times the standards and changes will be published ahead of them going into effect, and that review board I promised has been formed from a wide group of respected experts - they will handle disputes and advise on adjustments to policies. The content of their meetings will be openly published so everyone can see what's being brought up, and what decisions were made."

I am no fan of the far right, but I am sure if you use the word "leftist" widely enough you'll be able to find militant wiccans or vaguely antifa-like anarchists who advocate illegal stuff. It exists on both sides, and I advocate stamping it out regardless of which specific direction the extremism is in, which is happily an uniform and unbiased policy even if it hits certain mis-behaving groups more often due to their level of mis-behavior
Sure with no power at all and that is the point. No one not even the left gives them any serious consideration, while the right wing extremists have friends if not members in government.

"Don't search for things you find hurtful" the cesspool that is Twitter you don't really need to search. It's right there. And blocking can be a great idea. You're blocked - and your smiley, funny, happy faces at serious topics will not be missed.
Unfortunately the forum software will not hide its instant thumbs down or smiley reactions to every single post that anyone makes in multiple threads. No single human has the time to respond and react as often as it does, at least no human with a life.

I mean, just imagine if Elon had bought Twitter and instead of re-instating the conspiracy lunatics, racists and nazi's while banning reporters who dared to simply criticize him, he'd done something like this:

"Today, I've assumed ownership of Twitter, and I want to make it a place filled with honesty, integrity, and yes - decorum. I know I've talked a lot about free speech, but this is a private platform and I'm not the government so if you want to rant about your racist views feel free to do that on the nearest street corner. On the new Twitter, we will be implementing a hybrid of human and AI moderation which will enforce simple, open, clear standards of behavior. No personal attacks. Period. You get a couple of warnings, and then you're gone. If you can't make your point without screaming obscenities, you don't get to use my megaphone. Second, be factual. If you post conspiracy nonsense, expect to have it immediately flagged and the actual truth post-pended. If you do it as a regular course of business, you get banned - again my megaphone - you can hand out flyers about how the earth is flat on your local street corner as much as you like. Humanity deserves better, in fact it needs better and I plan to help out with this one platform. If I'm wrong, competing platforms that embrace hate and false information can overtake me. I think there's more people who'd rather not hear rants about jewish space lasers than who do want to."

"This journey will not be easy. Mistakes will be made. I encourage you to come along if you believe in where we're trying to take Twitter, and if you disagree that's ok, you can still listen on Twitter and post on any one of thousands of other platforms. At all times the standards and changes will be published ahead of them going into effect, and that review board I promised has been formed from a wide group of respected experts - they will handle disputes and advise on adjustments to policies. The content of their meetings will be openly published so everyone can see what's being brought up, and what decisions were made."
Advertisers would have swarmed the platform signing up in droves.

The main question is-how do You get Twitter "sexxey again", when constant reflexes interfere, no matter CEO or not?
The lust to lash out is just too powerful, yet there are one million fights to fight....and he didn´t even tackle the "Reuters" and "Blodgets" yet, let alone the sting in his flesh which is called Springer Media House, aka. Brutus ;)

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I think all of us can bet our lives that not 99% understood that sarcasm (I didn't, but didn't respond or put much thought to it) so let's not dismiss it as just because we didn't get that comment, we're the 1% that didn't. Like that pepe meme, I got it having used discord and gaming, but a lot here posted they didn't get that one.

I just feel it's typical that people who don't agree with others tends to always justify it by claiming it's a them problem or snowflake or whatever, sorta like Musk.

Maybe folks like you can't see it or what folks like Musk/you are doing, but I still go back to the thought that everything is a tongue in cheek, joke, not racism, not sexual harrasment, etc because it's supposed to be a joke. Maybe some of us don't find it funny and found it offensive?

Remember, not everyone sees the world like you. I guess I didn't come here as a joke forum or for jokes and mostly for discussions on Tesla solar, twitter, EVs, Musk, etc.
Given his recent history of giving creedence to the absolute dumbest sht imaginable there was zero reason to give him the benefit of the doubt when it came to whether that was sarcasm. I didn't think it was. And he waited 5 hours before following up. Between which time who knows what happened.

Given his recent history of giving creedence to the absolute dumbest sht imaginable there was zero reason to give him the benefit of the doubt when it came to whether that was sarcasm. I didn't think it was. And he waited 5 hours before following up. Between which time who knows what happened.

I agree - he's posting support for all kinds of Q-style conspiracy crap, it is now impossible to tell when he might be "joking" or not, and he doesn't appear to care if he's clear about it or not (what happened to banning anyone who did "parody" without an explicit label for it on the platform Elon?)

Status
Not open for further replies.