Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So ban tik tok and Chaya will have to find something else to repost.
Who said ban. I said Elon shouldnt pay attention to conspiracy spewing nonsense sugar posters.

A hypothetical. Suppose it was the 1940s and Twitter existed and after the world found out about the extermination of Jews by Hitler. Hitler had a Twitter account. Should anyone that the world respects follow let alone like what sugar posts Hitler was making? I am not saying that LibsOfTikTok are as bad as Hitler, its just some people shouldnt be followed or have tweets liked by the CEO of what was once one of the few $1T market cap companies. So I gave an extreme example.

Last edited:
Giving the fringe air to breathe keeps them breathing.
To a point your example is accurate seeing as the cringe fringe ran T1.0.

Ringfencing can go both ways and when you close a group off from either critique or amplification it’s been shown their beliefs and ideals only grow stronger.

People will decide what’s best for them in the marketplace of ideas.

• Funny
Reactions: 2Pearls and ohmman
Here I thought everyone interpreted limited information in some sort of context, like, say, previous tweets.

This thread is clear evidence that there are people more than willing to ignore/justify any behavior, while exclaiming "jokes" or "4D chess" no matter how erratic he gets.
Yes! Here’s the hilarious context: war, Putin’s cabinet, crashing stock, Turner Diaries, and CEO who fancies himself a standup comic.

People will decide what’s best for them in the marketplace of ideas.
Here is one marketplace. I know, price of lemons in Mexico are driving this or it's some silent majority that everyone claims is on their side, but anytime I see a post on twitter on any extreme I cringe. I still drive two Teslas that I enjoy but I'm pretty concerned about the reputation that is being built (rebuilt?) and it's impact on Tesla. I'm definitely not keeping my S past it's 8 year battery warranty. No telling what will autos in the marketplace will motivate me at that point, but at some point a while back I wouldn't have considered anything else due to my overall appreciation of Tesla and it's push for innovation. Now, it's pretty much supercharges that are holding me to Tesla. Think of the benefit of Tesla if he instead invested in superchargers.

1672242818861.png

Here is one marketplace. I know, price of lemons in Mexico are driving this or it's some silent majority that everyone claims is on their side, but anytime I see a post on twitter on any extreme I cringe. I still drive two Teslas that I enjoy but I'm pretty concerned about the reputation that is being built (rebuilt?) and it's impact on Tesla. I'm definitely not keeping my S past it's 8 year battery warranty. No telling what will autos in the marketplace will motivate me at that point, but at some point a while back I wouldn't have considered anything else due to my overall appreciation of Tesla and it's push for innovation. Now, it's pretty much supercharges that are holding me to Tesla. Think of the benefit of Tesla if he instead invested in superchargers.

View attachment 889578
Well on the way to the worst performance of any company in the S&P 500 in 2022. Quite an accomplishment. Meta is also vying for the title; who's going to win? Tesla Stock Heads for Worst Performance This Year of Any Major S&P 500 Company

TSLA vs META.jpg

He shouldnt be paying attention to fringe posters of either side. Is that so hard to understand. Giving the fringe air to breathe keeps them breathing.

Musk will just do whatever I suppose, but at the end of the day, we'll see how much demand there is for all his products with his own free speech. I am really curious how Jan, Q1 2023 numbers look.

Whether folks are being fragile, a snowflake or woke or whatever, it's still a bad idea for a business leader to engage with this childish behavior. Must be nice to have the power/$$ to continue to do whatever you please and no one to stop you. Tesla shareholders thanks you.

Reactions: 2Pearls and thx1139
I still go back to the thought that everything is a tongue in cheek, joke, not racism, not sexual harrasment, etc because it's supposed to be a joke. Maybe some of us don't find it funny and found it offensive?
You do know that there’s people out there that are looking for any excuse to screech about something? Usually the ones throwing terms around like “dog whistle”, “stochastic terrorism”, “x-denier” totally unironically.

• Disagree
Reactions: 2Pearls
Let me see if I got this right:

See Elon is such a masterful communicator and fully understands people’s reactions from his first principles analysis that all his tweets are masterclasses in humor while also exposing the mainstream media and defeating the work mind virus.

If you disagree then either you have no sense of humor, are part of the mainstream media or have been infected with the woke mind virus.

It’s obvious to anyone.

Let me see if I got this right:

See Elon is such a masterful communicator and fully understands people’s reactions from his first principles analysis that all his tweets are masterclasses in humor while also exposing the mainstream media and defeating the work mind virus.

If you disagree then either you have no sense of humor, are part of the mainstream media or have been infected with the woke mind virus.

It’s obvious to anyone.

Yes. Now you understand.
If only you weren’t being sarcastic. 🤭

• Funny
Reactions: brkaus
You do know that there’s people out there that are looking for any excuse to screech about something? Usually the ones throwing terms around like “dog whistle”, “stochastic terrorism”, “x-denier” totally unironically.

I disagree with you generally on most things on this thread and yeah, there are people who cry wolf, foul everytime, but when the stock is down like 70%, maybe he can take a hint?

I don't think I'm one of those people and never even followed Musk prior, but I'm generally not a fan of sarcasm as a joke form to begin with and as someone mostly outside of this prior, he is certainly not getting folks to want to buy his products I feel now. We'll see again in a few months/years. He can destroy Twitter/Tesla for all I really care honestly. More power to him to continue his fight against woke or do as he has been.

I disagree with you generally on most things on this thread and yeah, there are people who cry wolf, foul everytime, but when the stock is down like 70%, maybe he can take a hint?

I don't think I'm one of those people and never even followed Musk prior, but I'm generally not a fan of sarcasm as a joke form to begin with and as someone mostly outside of this prior, he is certainly not getting folks to want to buy his products I feel now. We'll see again in a few months/years. He can destroy Twitter/Tesla for all I really care honestly. More power to him to continue his fight against woke or do as he has been.
Except he wont define woke

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Status
Not open for further replies.