Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually buy a few tickets for that raffle; but I skipped it this year because I was busy buying TSLA at unbelievable pricing. I feel my experience is as useful as a datapoint as the yahoo article that you linked.

I disagree with your post; because correlation doesn’t always indicate causation.
And you've had NO friends or acquaintances advise of their distaste for ANYTHING Tesla over the past months?

Interesting circles you travel in I guess, or you don't get out much?

Elon has done tremendous damage to the brand, and it's a reason TSLA SP is at, what, a near two-year low?

We will get a hint on Wednesday. His actions indicate he sees his role at Tesla receding IMO. 2023 looks to be about Starship, StarLink and other interests while Tesla as a well positioned public company seems to be entering harvest season as other disruptive interests ascend. The future is not just about vehicles for EM.
Concur.

I just wish he didn't feel the need to burn the place down on his way out the door to his other adventures . . . it's looking like he MAY have finally had a "talking to" by someone as he's been somewhat quiet on the bird of late. (And the SP is actually on the upswing--imagine that!)

What a relief; let's hope his new-found maturity lasts. (After all his massive waste of time on the "funding secured" and "Pedo Guy" fallout, among others, one would have thought he learned something, but no.)

I'm not a massive fan of some of elons twitter activity, but TBH, someone suddenly struggling to sell charity tickets as the country dives into a recession is not unexpected, and hardly can be blamed automatically on the CEO. I would be surprised if charity giving has not taken a dip, given sudden huge rises in food and energy prices, and constant headlines about a recession
The article r.e. Climate XChange's experience with their annual raffle is of only anecdotal value, and yes, the overall economy likely contributed in part to the decline in tickets. However, that did not show up in the (anecdotal) commentary discussed in the feedback they directly received from past participants, although TSLA-specific performance did, so that also contributed in part. Neither reflected the bulk of their real-world feedback from prior participants (generally your most-likely buyer of current tickets).

Additionally (and again purely anecdotally) it did prompt me check my own history with similar raffles of Tesla vehicles (via Omaze, for various charities). Over the past few years I've spend quite a bit on such raffle tickets, and still recall thinking it was a win-win-"infitesimal-chance-at-a-win". First two were "Helping a good cause (frequently environment-related)" and "Showing demand for Tesla vehicles (and guaranteeing at least one more sold to whomever wins)" and were generally the greater drivers of my raffle ticket purchases, with the last being perhaps the tiniest chance of adding yet another Tesla to my garage or giving it to someone who would use it more. In my own case (personal anecdotal data point of 1 with associated value of virtually nil), my purchases of such raffle tickets drastically shrunk in 2022, even while my overall dollars donated to various groups in 2022 were likely an all-time high by a significant margin (just not via Tesla-related fundraising).

And you've had NO friends or acquaintances advise of their distaste for ANYTHING Tesla over the past months?

Elon has done tremendous damage to the brand, and it's a reason TSLA SP is at, what, a near two-year low?
Where I live nobody seems to even know Musk bought Twitter, and they don’t care much about him other than he’s involved in cars and rockets. Rockets are kinda big here.

It might be a contributor, but Elon's actions are not the sole nor the main reason why TSLA is at two year lows.

Or is Elon also the reason AMZN is at two year lows? And GOOG? Or AAPL? And is he why META is below two year lows? 🤔

Please post any of your data points suggesting Elon's erratic behavior has apparently had no impact on TSLA.

We'll be waiting (a very, very long time) . . . .
*You* are my data point.
The louder keyboard justice trolls like you get, the closer we are to a bottom.

Aside from virtue signaling to us how amazing your social circles are, you've done very little "data point" presentation.

Now go for a walk and find something else to panic about or maybe try something more productive like some breathing exercises. After you get back you can enlighten us some more.

I’m not sure this is the place for the conversation, but since you called me out here…my 74 year old mom (who drives a tesla MY) told me EM is on her *sugar list, but she loves her car and still recommends them to her friends. Also, she admits that her 24 hour/day MSNBC addiction may affect her bias.

Most of the rest of my friends circle is firefighters and they’re mostly more right leaning. They (generalizing here across ~150 people) weren’t fans of Elon in the past due due views on unions; most of these same people love Elon for calling out BS and his general idgaf attitude. They’re crawling over each other to buy Teslas right now. A lot of long distance commuters here due to cost of living and the schedule (48hours on 96hours off). These guys were all spending a fortune commuting in trucks and now have autopilot and saving big $ on fuel…they’re stoked.

It’s possible some of my social circle doesn’t share negative opinions about Elon and tesla to me because I’m an unabashedly raging Elon fanman.

I hope that is helpful.

Wow, thumbs down votes within seconds?

I guess there are some real bubbles here at TMC. Look, if you don't like these data points, or disagree, then, PLEASE, find others that refute/contradict what I've posted here. At the end of the day we've had billions in lost market value over 2022 and some major portion of that rests at the feet of our "Technoking."

Again: please post ANYTHING that suggests otherwise.

Some people's propensity to desire finding a single person to blame for their disappointment and/or shortcomings when a nearly infinite number of factors play a part in a system as complicated as a stock market, and an economy, might be something which, as you have asked for, would suggest otherwise.

Anyone who accepts a simple answer as proof to explain the movement of a stock may want to ponder upon their methods of deduction further. There are too many variables to take into account to quickly settle for the one that allows a person to focus the blame upon.

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC

I've had no less than EIGHT family and friends buy Teslas in the past 3 months.

Not a single one said a word about Elon and Twitter. 2 of them did say they were disappointed with the recent price drops and that they "overpaid", but not a single one cared about the bird.

And this is from a family (and buyers) that span the full political spectrum.

And before you keep harping on about the billions lost in 2022, are you over in the NVDA, GOOG, APPL, and AMD forums lamenting the billions lost there?

You can't fight the Fed, nuff said.

;)*You* are my data point.
The louder keyboard justice trolls like you get, the closer we are to a bottom.

Aside from virtue signaling to us how amazing your social circles are, you've done very little "data point" presentation.

Now go for a walk and find something else to panic about or maybe try something more productive like some breathing exercises. After you get back you can enlighten us some more.
I disagree, bc I think there is no need to get personal. It's just one opinion....

I can understand (a little) that one can be upset about certain tweets of EM, but I think it's totally futile to try to link his output to the SP.

There are people (and I know some) that have the reaction not to want to buy a Tesla product because of their views of EM and his opinion. They are of course total hypocrites, because they have in the same time Apple products, clothes made in sweatshops etc. etc. But these persons are way to scarce to attribute to such a colossal dive / destruction of paper value.

IMO TSLA SP is heavily manipulated, and overshoots market momentum in both directions. Patience is the charm, HODL, with a looong time horizon, as in 2030 and beyond. How much influence there is on a specific stock, because of such and such (war, interest rates, inflation, recession, you name it) can never be attributed after the fact with certainty. Anybody who claims to know for 100% is overestimating his own opinion. But today I am 100% sure we are just two day away from earnings..;)

However that being said, there are multiple aspects to this. We had lots of direct unsolicited feedback that past buyers were no longer interested in winning a Tesla due to Elon

This is a glaring construct validity problem. Of course, opponents of TSLA will flood your channels with all the negativity they can muster. Just look at the comments section in any media article. Don't be fooled.

Meanwhile, Tesla customer satisfaction ratings remain the highest in all the Automotive industry. Not many people would be unhappy with such a prize, if they were fortunate enough to win it.

Chin up! :p

Contrary. I've heard no negatives about Tesla from people I know. Instead, relatives looking to buy Model Y with the price cut & tax credit.

This is a glaring construct validity problem. Of course, opponents of TSLA will flood your channels with all the negativity they can muster. Just look at the comments section in any media article. Don't be fooled.

Meanwhile, Tesla customer satisfaction ratings remain the highest in all the Automotive industry. Not many people would be unhappy with such a prize, if they were fortunate enough to win it.

Chin up! :p
I'm sorry, but this feedback is from our past ticket buyers - the people we bulk email each year - who are not opponents of TSLA. They are generally Tesla fans, who aspire to own a Tesla or who own one and would like to win another/newer/better one. For some the chance to win a Tesla comes first and supporting our climate work is an added bonus, while others are the reverse.

And these people have all paid $250 on at least one occasion in the past six years for the chance to win one - most in the past two years, because we usually don't email people who bought early on but never since. They are either replying to our bulk emails or emailing or messaging me directly if they know me, e.g. in response to my social media posts and personal emails about the raffle, etc.

In short, this is not a random group of commenters online.

Alright then. It does however show the undue influence of a hostile media, who are undeniably being paid to trash Elon at every opportunity. People are like cattle; they go with the 'heard'.
They can "hear" it directly from Elon and his actions. Sure hostile media will amplify it but many of us get it all directly from Elon and not media.

Alright then. It does however show the undue influence of a hostile media, who are undeniably being paid to trash Elon at every opportunity.
Which is why they trashed him constantly from the time Tesla was founded until 2020. Oh wait...maybe it might have something to do with the fact that his behavior recently has been something worth calling out, as opposed to just being explained by people pulling conspiracy theories that people who run media outlets have personal grudges against the guy out of their rear ends?

Last edited:
Alright then. It does however show the undue influence of a hostile media, who are undeniably being paid to trash Elon at every opportunity. People are like cattle; they go with the 'heard'.
This “hostile media” is imaginary, aside from certain arm-waving bloviators on YouTube etc who are pretty much balanced out by fawning Sawyers etc.. Technically uninformed media who just don’t get it? sure.
But no one is paying MSM to “attack Tesla."

Status
Not open for further replies.