Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To some extent. But it's probably not a good idea to give your adversary a good idea of what works and what doesn't.

Ah. Okay so we're really just speculating that the reason that SpaceX wants to charge %1000 more than normal for their services to Ukraine is because of a non stop barrage of Russian cyber attacks that they were open about before but now they're tight lipped about.

No different than what Twitter 1.0 did amplifying certain narratives and Voldemort reply guys while suppressing and banning anyone who didn’t go along with the gaslighting and tripe being boosted.
Nope. Twitter 1.0 never created an algorithm to favor the tweets of one person over everyone else. You can argue over implementation details of what the algorithm chooses to elevate but it was never as ridiculous as "if the tweet was sent by this one person, elevate it to the max". Twitter 1.0 would never have done this because it's bad for business.

Last edited:
People who actually use Twitter and follow Elon should unfollow the bastard: Yes, Elon Musk created a special system for showing you all his tweets first
From the article, unfollowing doesn't remove him from your recommends. The 1000x boost he got apparently applies even when you don't follow him. He's the owner so he's certainly within his rights to do this, but it makes the whole justification for the purchase even more of a joke than it already has become.

From the article, unfollowing doesn't remove him from your recommends. The 1000x boost he got apparently applies even when you don't follow him. He's the owner so he's certainly within his rights to do this, but it makes the whole justification for the purchase even more of a joke than it already has become.
LOL his expensive purchase is a giant ego massager.

Yes, Elon Musk created a special system for showing you all his tweets first

Platformer can confirm: after Musk threatened to fire his remaining engineers, they built a system designed to ensure that Musk — and Musk alone — benefits from previously unheard-of promotion of his tweets to the entire user base.
In recent weeks, Musk has been obsessed with the amount of engagement his posts are receiving. Last week, Platformer broke the news that he fired one of two remaining principal engineers at the company after the engineer told him that views on his tweets are declining in part because interest in Musk has declined in general.

His deputies told the rest of the engineering team this weekend that if the engagement issue wasn’t “fixed,” they would all lose their jobs as well.
….
By Monday afternoon, “the problem” had been “fixed.” Twitter deployed code to automatically “greenlight” all of Musk’s tweets, meaning his posts will bypass Twitter’s filters designed to show people the best content possible. The algorithm now artificially boosted Musk’s tweets by a factor of 1,000 – a constant score that ensured his tweets rank higher than anyone else’s in the feed.

I really wonder how much advertising (on all platforms: social media, radio, TV, newspapers, flyers sent to mailboxes, etc.) $44 billion could have bought...

I really wonder how much advertising (on all platforms: social media, radio, TV, newspapers, flyers sent to mailboxes, etc.) $44 billion could have bought...
Elon is the richest person on the planet and therefore things cost more for lots of different reasons. The value to him from Twitter is something like:
  1. Intrinsic value of TWTR - $20Bn
  2. Potential profit in TWTR development - $100Bn
  3. Free advertising for 5 different business - $10Bn
  4. Protecting the planet by maintaining free speech etc. - $50Bn
  5. Political platform where he can say what he wants without being shadow banned - $50Bn
  6. Entertainment of using platform that he owns and has improved - $10Bn
  7. Starting point for x.com - $20Bn
$44Bn was good value.

LOL his expensive purchase is a giant ego massager.

Yes, Elon Musk created a special system for showing you all his tweets first

Platformer can confirm: after Musk threatened to fire his remaining engineers, they built a system designed to ensure that Musk — and Musk alone — benefits from previously unheard-of promotion of his tweets to the entire user base.
In recent weeks, Musk has been obsessed with the amount of engagement his posts are receiving. Last week, Platformer broke the news that he fired one of two remaining principal engineers at the company after the engineer told him that views on his tweets are declining in part because interest in Musk has declined in general.

His deputies told the rest of the engineering team this weekend that if the engagement issue wasn’t “fixed,” they would all lose their jobs as well.
….
By Monday afternoon, “the problem” had been “fixed.” Twitter deployed code to automatically “greenlight” all of Musk’s tweets, meaning his posts will bypass Twitter’s filters designed to show people the best content possible. The algorithm now artificially boosted Musk’s tweets by a factor of 1,000 – a constant score that ensured his tweets rank higher than anyone else’s in the feed.
Now that the news is out, it should be interesting to see what happens to their numbers. Someone on Flyertalk just posted: "I’ve now deleted my Twitter app.". While I would question what took him or her so long to do it, better late than never I suppose?

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
It’s about not giving in to the media machine’s thirst for tribute in the form of payment and deference.
Calling @advocate8 for the decoder ring.

A nice long form article that touches on Elon moving to Austin, a little Twitter and Tesla. Tangentially related to this thread and I thought overall a great read. But I spent two decades in Austin so maybe I just relate closely to it. Anyway, click if you care.

Status
Not open for further replies.