Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not real. Just a rough first draft I jotted out. Not super introspective and certainly not detailed, but a good start, I thought.

When people speak of apologies, that's an example of an apology that means something, even if it leaves something to be desired.
Sad. Got my hope up that he actually realized what he's doing. Maybe that's never going to happen.

Reactions: GreenDriver
You know what's better than an apology? Not publicly picking on and trolling an employee who lost access to his laptop, isn't getting a straight answer from HR, and asks honestly if he still had a job at Twitter. Is that really so hard to do correctly the first time around?
This is a very odd thing - Elon promotes Twitter as the place where all truthful information should exist, but then trolls the hell outta people and makes childish comments. So which is it? A sophisticated platform where adults get their news from the internet or a place to let go?

I know Elon has said in the past that he uses Twitter to have "fun" and let off steam, but now that he owns it and is marketing it as a business, he really needs to act differently now.

This is a very odd thing - Elon promotes Twitter as the place where all truthful information should exist, but then trolls the hell outta people and makes childish comments.
Yes. And then he says it's more important to talk than tweet. Twitter is definitely not the place for the truth. Too easy to spread lies and misinformation. The sad thing is he falls for it ALL THE TIME.

If you can't read "lawyer speak" and think the apology was genuine, I don't know how to help you.

1) This starts because an employee of Twitter cannot get a response from HR about whether or not he's an employee. Claims access to his work computer was cut over a week ago.
2) He has to resort to @'ing Elon on Twitter to get noticed, which speaks to the disfunction at Twitter (imo).
3) Elon appeases him, asking him to publicly state what he's worked on to "prove" he's worthwhile to Twitter.
4) Halli complies.
5) Elon then spends several tweets mocking him and making fun of his disability - publicly revealing it and doubting that he has it.
6) Halli, likely knowing that Elon would do this, is probably happy considering his firm was acquired by Twitter and he was on a "do not fire" list due to how expensive it'd be to compensate his exit package. I've seen reports that he'd be owed $100m if Twitter did not abide by the contract.
7) Elon likely learns of his from his lawyers (as well has probable violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act) and finally laments with an "apology" on Twitter, though he mostly blames what he "heard" from other people.

Just a masterclass in management.

Elon really likes to back Fox and the Jan 6th riot eh? He's doing some real good emotional tweeting today. Can't believe this guy, he just stood up and told everyone a way to get off of fossil fuels, to make the world a better place, and then he sits on social media and agrees with the crazy fascists. He's no centrist.

Unfortunately, you can't really separate Elon from any of his business ventures. If you support Tesla, SpaceX, Boring, Twitter, etc....this is what you're supporting as well. He has made it part of his persona.

Yes, but part of a very complex persona
"Immature and lacking of control" persona. Embarrassing also comes to mind as well as liability.
Yes, but part of a very complex persona
This is a very odd thing - Elon promotes Twitter as the place where all truthful information should exist, but then trolls the hell outta people and makes childish comments. So which is it? A sophisticated platform where adults get their news from the internet or a place to let go?

I know Elon has said in the past that he uses Twitter to have "fun" and let off steam, but now that he owns it and is marketing it as a business, he really needs to act differently now.
Good luck, he needs some classes in basic people and management skills. He's not bad he is horrifying at times. Can't wait until he is out of Twitter and there is a new figure head for Tesla.

If you can't read "lawyer speak" and think the apology was genuine, I don't know how to help you.

1) This starts because an employee of Twitter cannot get a response from HR about whether or not he's an employee. Claims access to his work computer was cut over a week ago.
2) He has to resort to @'ing Elon on Twitter to get noticed, which speaks to the disfunction at Twitter (imo).
3) Elon appeases him, asking him to publicly state what he's worked on to "prove" he's worthwhile to Twitter.
4) Halli complies.
5) Elon then spends several tweets mocking him and making fun of his disability - publicly revealing it and doubting that he has it.
6) Halli, likely knowing that Elon would do this, is probably happy considering his firm was acquired by Twitter and he was on a "do not fire" list due to how expensive it'd be to compensate his exit package. I've seen reports that he'd be owed $100m if Twitter did not abide by the contract.
7) Elon likely learns of his from his lawyers (as well has probable violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act) and finally laments with an "apology" on Twitter, though he mostly blames what he "heard" from other people.

Just a masterclass in management.
Yep. Money for people like him is their 'god' and you can forget about empathy. They'll say whatever it takes to gain public support even if it means flip-flopping. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he talks in private.

Yep. Money for people like him is their 'god' and you can forget about empathy. They'll say whatever it takes to gain public support even if it means flip-flopping. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he talks in private.
The weird thing is that he does not care that much about money. He did use to care about being loved, but seems to no longer care.

It would be hard to do things as badly as he has if you really tried. The entire world is now talking about how he mocked and bullied a disabled worker.

I could say more but there seems little point in doing so - all objections to his behavior from even the most ardent long time supporters are marginalized and labelled as 'hate' or 'TeslaQ'. This marginalization is troubling in and of itself. Too threatening to hear, I guess, because it's the truth, and the truth is not pleasant.

You have to think that all the hullabaloo doesn’t worry him...for example, on investor day, he could have simply spouted out a few sales predictions and mentioned some up and coming products....this would have raised Tesla’s share price, which must take some stress off his Twitter money problems...and left all his save the planet ideas for his Tweets. But he marches to the beat of his own drum

Musk is a proven gambler. He's gone all-in on Twitter, Tesla, Space X, and numerous other ventures. IMO, he's unafraid to go bust. That gives him the rush. The difference with Twitter is Musk sucker punched himself in the face by bragging his way into an awful deal he actually wanted no part of. Pissed at himself for making such a lame blunder, Musk transposed his anger by lashing out at everyone else. Including Tesla owners.

About the responses I expected from this group. Again, I'm not defending all that Elon has done, he's made mistakes, and I acknowledge those. But the impression I get from this group is that NOTHING will ever be good enough for him to atone. Impressive judgement there.

Little introspection of your own biases might work wonders gents. Because you let "perfect be the enemy of good" no one will ever measure up to your standards, and that makes things a VERY lonely world. You all have your own screw-ups, they just are not nearly as public.

I get where you are coming from, trying to see the silver lining, but you are being far to acommodating. Elon's apology was not at all sincere.

A sincere apology does not include blaming other unnamed people for your mistake. It involves one taking full responsibility for the mistake, recognizing your bad behavior, and pledging to try harder.

This is Musk not taking responsibility for his own actions. Even if he was misinformed, he should own it, not blame others. He didn't even apologize for being an asshole, he apologized for 'misunderstandings.'

This non-apology reads like something you write after you find out you are on the hook for $100M golden parachute for the guy you just finished bullying.

For you, how about noticing that none of this was necessary in a public forum? Elon is the richest and one of the most powerful people in the world, and he spends his time publicly bullying and humiliating people weaker than him. That is appalling and should always be called out. I know you have called him out in the past, but you are giving him too much credit here.

Is there any scenario where it would be OK to bully a guy in public about a disability? How did Elon get here?

Last edited:
I get where you are coming from, trying to see the silver lining, but you are being far to acommodating. Elon's apology was not at all sincere.

A sincere apology does not include blaming other unnamed people for your mistake. It involves one taking full responsibility for the mistake, recognizing your bad behavior, and pledging to try harder.

This is Musk not taking responsibility for his own actions. Even if he was misinformed, he should own it, not blame others. He didn't even apologize for being an asshole, he apologized for 'misunderstandings.'

This non-apology reads like something you write after you find out you are on the hook for $100M golden parachute for the guy you just finished bullying.

For you, how about noticing that none of this was necessary in a public forum? Elon is the richest and one of the most powerful people in the world, and he spends his time publicly bullying and humiliating people weaker than him. That is appalling and should always be called out. I know you have called him out in the past, but you are giving him too much credit here.

Is there any scenario where it would be OK to bully a guy in public about a disability? How did Elon get here?
Don’t forget this is on Twitter...it’s a platform where your average Joe can speak to giants....it’s predicated on equality as long as you have a keyboard....perhaps Elon doesn’t see them as little guys..but equals he can argue with (as opposed by yes men that all wealthy people have to surround themselves with)

Status
Not open for further replies.