Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can go right ahead and take issue with the surveyor, but point is it's definitely on topic for this thread as such, given the surveyor is the one who tied it with Twitter.
I thought this thread is supposed to be how Elon runs Twitter, not how his Twitter shenanigans impact on Tesla. If it's the latter, then all of my previous posts are relevant, since they show there is no Elon Twitter shenanigans, a lot of things he said on Twitter turn out to be correct, and most of the "criticisms" about the things he said on Twitter have been proven to be wrong.

Also both declines pointed out coincided with Elon's Twitter shenanigans.
He has constant "Twitter shenanigans" since 2018, you can argue more so after 2020, so this narrative fails to explain Tesla's increased ranking in 2021/2022.

• Disagree
Reactions: bkp_duke and B@ndit
Love when people try to take an N=1 and make it apply to everything.

Meh, they failed on this livestream. The people here happy about it would have been moaning if it were for the other political party, that's what's really going on here.

Did you guys jump for joy in happiness when Starship failed to reach orbit? Probably.

This is Elon, the team will learn from the failure and fix it.
There is nothing good about this. It is a complete and utter embarassment. No one who cares about Tesla and Elon musk can be pleased.

Did you guys jump for joy in happiness when Starship failed to reach orbit? Probably.
Oh, they did, they absolutely did, I'm already seeing idiots comparing this to the failed Starship launch, even though they're clueless enough to confuse Starship with "space shuttle":

Starship will get back to flying, likewise Twitter Spaces will be fixed.

Meh, they failed on this livestream. The people here happy about it would have been moaning if it were for the other political party, that's what's really going on here.

Oh c'mon, give us a break! This was a FUBAR of Herculean proportions. Amateur night in Dixie meets the Elon Musk and wRONg DeSantis.

Last edited:

Here is an example that will drive the point .

When Obamacare was opened for public, as soon as the website opened up for registrations on the first day due to excessive demand the website crashed.

You could see the glee in the media and other Obama haters. They desperately linked the failure for the website to handle the high traffic as an indication that Affordable Care Act itself will be a failure. It took just a month for the tech problems to get fixed and we never heard of any problems again.

Twitter has never handled a volume of this size in its Podcast feature in the past. These are minor bumps on the road that will get resolved.

CNN and other fake media outlets incessantly just focusing on this tech glitch instead of actual event, reflects poorly on them as another example of their biased clickbait nature.

Oh, they did, they absolutely did, I'm already seeing idiots comparing this to the failed Starship launch

FWIW I regarding the starship launch I found the result perfectly understandable. They're trying to do something incredibly hard in a way nobody has ever done it before and the challenges are tremendous in number and complexity....and it's awesome they at least met the original stated goals of what they'd consider a success (though I'd certainly hoped for an even bigger success).

In contrast the twitter thing today was just embarrassing incompetence at something numerous other platforms have been doing for years. This is a solved problem they just failed at. Platforms like Twitch and YouTube comfortably serve live video streams to millions of people at once. Twitter dumped its pants with a mere few hundred k audio-only stream (for those unaware, that's not just an order of magnitude difference on people served, audio vs. video is an even more massive difference in amount of data involved in one vs the other). At an event Elon himself was talking up and had plenty of time to get the system prepared for.

Last edited:
FWIW I regarding the starship launch I found the result perfectly understandable. They're trying to do something incredibly hard in a way nobody has ever done it before and the challenges are tremendous in number and complexity....and it's awesome they at least met the original stated goals of what they'd consider a success (though I'd certainly hoped for an even bigger success).

In contrast the twitter thing today was just embarrassing incompetence at something numerous other platforms have been doing for years. This is a solved problem they just failed at. Platforms like Twitch and YouTube comfortably serve live video streams to millions of people at once. Twitter dumped its pants with a mere few hundred k audio-only stream (for those unaware, that's not just an order of magnitude difference on people served, audio vs. video is an even more massive difference in amount of data involved in one vs the other). And they tried 2 different accounts and both failed. At an event Elon himself was talking up and had plenty of time to get the system prepared for.
Building gas cars is a solved problem You think a company that has never built a gas car before can start pumping a at the rate of million/year in the first month?

Heck Ford and GM couldn’t even build 1/10th of what Tesla does on EVs, technically a solved problem, even after a decade.

Last edited:
If Twitter fails, fake media wins BIG time. If Twitter succeeds wildly they are toast.

They know that and hence the desperation to kill it with exaggerated negative stories.
That's a complete fantasy. No matter what Twitter will never be the only media outlet. You act as if Twitter is the first online media ever, it's not, and it won't be the last.

Building gas cars is a solved problem

You think a company that has never built a gas car before can start pumping a million the first year?

Heck Ford and GM couldn’t even build 1/10th of what Tesla does on EVs, technically a solved problem.

So first- this is not Year 1 for twitter. They've been up since 2006.

Even the spaces feature has been around for 2.5 years aleady.

Second- Nobody is asking twitter to serve 20 million videos a day (what youtube does). Or even 1/10th of that (2 million videos to users).

They were asking them to serve 3 percent of that number of people.

And they're asking them to serve them an audio stream that itself uses like 10-20 times less bandwidth than video.

So your analogy kind of sucks.

Much like twitters infrastructure apparently :)

And when you're caught lying... lie harder. Soon it will be tens of millions. (it was actually a couple/few hundred thousand)

I bet this is exactly what happened. I would rather have this problem than having only a thousand tune in..

Elon's interview witn BBC had a million listeners. So this DeSantis podcast should have had much higher tuneins.

Last edited:
Even the spaces feature has been around for 2.5 years aleady.
But never has been pushed to anything close to this limit. This is probably a 100 times more than anything Spaces has handled. Yes Twitter should have been prepared, but a tech glitch that is easily solved is not reason to gloat and predict Twitter's demise.

Here is the sweet irony.. the tech glitch seen on Twitter is trending and being talked about ... on Twitter... more than on any other platform.

I thought this thread is supposed to be how Elon runs Twitter, not how his Twitter shenanigans impact on Tesla.
It's also about his Twitter shenanigan impact on Tesla given it's now no longer possible to separate the two (at least until he fully divests himself from it).
If it's the latter, then all of my previous posts are relevant
The post that I saw being objected to was just a tweet from some random Elon hater. It had nothing to do with Twitter or Elon's dealings on twitter other than it was posted in a form of a tweet (which as explained does not necessarily make it on topic).
, since they show there is no Elon Twitter shenanigans, a lot of things he said on Twitter turn out to be correct, and most of the "criticisms" about the things he said on Twitter have been proven to be wrong.
So just off the top of the head, these things never happened?
"pedo guy"
"funding secured"
posted discredited Paul Pelosi conspiracy
Banned ElonJet and issued a new policy to justify it (incident used to justify it not only had nothing to do with his jet's location in the first place, he also declined to file a police report and nothing came of it).
NPR labeled as 'state-affiliated media'
He has constant "Twitter shenanigans" since 2018, you can argue more so after 2020, so this narrative fails to explain Tesla's increased ranking in 2021/2022.
Well things happened rated to Tesla in 2020/2021/2022 like Model 3/Y hitting its stride in sales, which helped bring Tesla into the mainstream. His worst shenanigans (plus the changes to the platform after he bought it) came at the end of 2022 into 2023 and that coincides with the drop this year. It's troubling that despite the relatively positive reaction of the public to the Model 3/Y that Tesla's reputation would drop this year and there's not a whole lot of logical explanations why product-wise (as others pointed out).

Let's be clear: no one here is claiming Elon's dealings at Twitter is the sole driver of Tesla's reputation, far from it, but can you not see why most people would balk at the idea it had no effect whatsoever?

Last edited:
LOL!!!! Spoken like a professional Musk apologist.
You think these are unsolvable, debilitating problems for twitter? Of all the problems scaling to handle higher volume is the easiest to solve.

On the other hand, banishing Bots is not easy. Designing, architecting and developing a highly secure product is not easy. Enforcing a uniform policy where interpretations widely vary is not easy. Providing a rich set of additional features in a short amount of time is not easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.