Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

eMMC recall reimbursement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I had the issue of constant black screen and freezing of my display they only offered me the $2500 new upgrade. When I got the recall reimbursement email I submitted the form and it said that I don't qualify because I did the upgrade. That is BS and they should be offering us guys some partial refund especially since they reduced the price of the upgrade after many of us paid $2500 to fix the issues out of pocket.
I got reimbursed for an MCU1 replacement upgrade, so if you opted for an MCU2 upgrade (and not MCU1 replacement) and paid out of pocket they dont refund?? God thats bad they should at least give you the $1000 for paaying 2500 and then watching them drop it 1500

I got reimbursed for an MCU1 replacement upgrade, so if you opted for an MCU2 upgrade (and not MCU1 replacement) and paid out of pocket they dont refund?? God thats bad they should at least give you the $1000 for paaying 2500 and then watching them drop it 1500

That's what happened to me but some have gotten 320 back. Sucks that they lowered the price and, yeah, definitely not a good feeling Tesla is imparting.

Good news - reimbursement cheque arrived today - if you’re reading this thread, thank you, Tesla!

Today I got my cheque in the mail. $420, you can‘t make this stuff up. Someone must have had a laugh with that amount.
Nice to see them getting across the border. Hopefully mine is in the mailbox this week.

I assumed the cheque would just be $320 US. Looks like they converted it to CDN. That is a good deal; with today's exchange rates it should be $387 CDN. ??

Hey everyone! I registered back in early March but haven't heard anything since. I'm trying to search my email for a confirmation but can't seem to find anything. Does anyone know the subject line or something of the confirmation email they received when they registered? Or a screenshot of the email? Thanks, and good luck with your reimbursements!

Hey everyone! I registered back in early March but haven't heard anything since. I'm trying to search my email for a confirmation but can't seem to find anything. Does anyone know the subject line or something of the confirmation email they received when they registered? Or a screenshot of the email? Thanks, and good luck with your reimbursements!

My confirmation email was entitled: "Warranty Adjustment Program - Reimbursement [refid:XXXXXXXXXX]"

Reactions: VifferFun
My confirmation email was entitled: "Warranty Adjustment Program - Reimbursement [refid:XXXXXXXXXX]"

Thanks for sharing that! I'm looking through my email but I can't find that :S The only email I can find is the original "Warranty Adjustment Program - Touchscreen Component" email that I received on 2020-11-30 stating "Our records how that you own, or previously owned, a Model S/X that was built before March 2018 . . .". I know for certain that I went through the application process, and figured it was just a waiting game. Does anyone Is there any way to confirm that I registered successfully? Now I'm worried that they didn't record my request :S

Got my check today, full remittance for @ $2732.27. Thanks Tesla for doing the right thing. Next up: reimbursement for the constant defective control links that have to be replaced every 50k miles for $900+ each time. Major safety defect there too, with tons of complaints here on forums and NHSTA, and loads of snapped wheel photos everywhere. If that's not a safety issue then I don't know what is. Thats more of a safety issue than the console for sure. And these things should not be "wear and tear" parts just like the console is not a "wear and tear" item either. I've never heard of any other car needing to replace this on a reoccurring basis.