Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

End Of 3rd Quarter Deal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery for our new inventory X was scheduled for yesterday but they said they couldn’t do the free 22’s and red paint as they promised. For me it was all about the discount because I already have extra 22’s and actually prefer the look of white on an X, plus is much easier to keep white clean looking over the red (we have a red Performance S also). I was getting the 22’s and red paint specifically because of the max $8k discount so I canceled my delivery on that car. I actually had that new X and a new P3 both scheduled for delivery but as a consolation they are still honoring the 2 free options (red paint/white interior) on the Performance 3 delivery tomorrow plus giving me an extra $1000 on my trade over what they originally offered after seeing how how nice it is. I’ll now wait for the end of the 4th quarter and buy a model X Performance at a discount then, if no discount, no sale. Our red Performance 3 wasn’t a custom order but is new inventory still in transportation so it is factory fresh with hardware 3. I was very surprised Tesla would risk loosing two end of quarter sales by reneging on the X discount at the last minute with the Model X already delivered to our SC and ready to go. o_O

Last edited:
My delivery for our new inventory X was scheduled for yesterday but they said they couldn’t do the free 22’s and red paint as they promised. For me it was all about the discount because I already have extra 22’s and actually prefer the look of white on an X, plus is much easier to keep white clean looking over the red (we have a red Performance S also). I was getting the 22’s and red paint specifically because of the max $8k discount so I canceled my delivery on that car. I actually had that new X and a new P3 both scheduled for delivery but as a consolation they are still honoring the 2 free options (red paint/white interior) on the Performance 3 delivery tomorrow plus giving me an extra $1000 on my trade over what they originally offered after seeing how how nice it is. I’ll now wait for the end of the 4th quarter and buy a model X Performance at a discount then, if no discount, no sale. Our red Performance 3 wasn’t a custom order but is new inventory still in transportation so it is factory fresh with hardware 3. I was very surprised Tesla would risk loosing two end of quarter sales by reneging on the X discount at the last minute with the Model X already delivered to our SC and ready to go. o_O
Did you order your inventory X during the 3-day promo period from Sep 13-15? If you did they should not have retracted your 8K promo.

Did you order your inventory X during the 3-day promo period from Sep 13-15? If you did they should not have retracted your 8K promo.
Yes, both cars at the same time but the X had some discounts on it already. Only 5 miles and no damage so they would not let me double dip both discounts and free options.